Zara Larsson 2023 Era

OT: speaking of Americanisms, my phone autocorrects Pipo to poop 🤷‍♂️

Pipo the SPANGLISH QUEEN

Alla and I were discussing this a couple of weeks ago, it's a cultural thing and very common practice because there are some words that literally don't have a translation; it's annoying and I hate it.

I LOVE learning words that don’t have a literal translation in English. Or vice versa. It’s fascinating.

Our forrin contingent to start a thread, please

I love when you're walking around European cities and the adverts just throw random English swears in there like 'bonjour le FUCKING poisson, c'est CRAP, 100% bio'

This seems to possibly be gaining some minor traction. #3 on iTunes and #57 on Apple Music. Nothing on Spotify but at least it’s doing something. Also broke US pop radio and is at #34 which is so far about her fifth best ever there. Maybe there is some hope for an okay result?

Up to #38 this week.

She’s A list on Radio 1 and Radio 2, doing really well on every metric except, inevitably, streaming.

Now #23 on Apple and finally added to Hot Hits UK on Spotify. So I imagine she should enter the top 200 finally over the next couple of days. Totally here for this getting a bit of wind and threatening the top 20, but even getting to the top 40 must be a win given her recent chart history.

i thought society had completely given up on her since Love Me Land (94) and Don't Worry Bout Me (95) bombed, but then again the latter did scratch the top 40 in the UK.

Brits <3

Crept up to #25 now. Won’t make the top 20 unless Spotify picks up a bit but a month top 40 and still rising is certainly a strong result, her best since 2018 to be fair.

Down to #29 but sales increased and she’s firmly in the top 100 on Spotify now, so with a bit of luck it’ll move back up next week. Certainly qualifies as a solid little hit for her now, so the next single will have a decent launch pad.

Not quite as immediate as Can’t Tame Her, but a solid follow up.

I like it. A bit more low key perhaps than Can't Tame Her but there are some lovely moments.

What is the point of Zara Larsson anymore? Is she still a thing in Scandinavian terrotiry??

Yeah holds at #30 this week, it’s 9th week in a row top 40 :disco:

Has certainly turned into a long running little hit for her.

11th week in the top 40 this week. This has become the little hit that could in the end.

The new one doesn’t seem to be doing much, mind. I do like it, but it certainly doesn’t screw, hit.

I absolutely love End of Time now. I mean...

They...
Will say we're insane...
And in a way...
Baby we are

I want your love to redefine
The very meaning of my life
Undo the fabric of my mind

:disco: :disco:

On My Love back in the top 40 at #38 today, good for her. Apple again are loving it (top ten there). That happened with Can‘t Tame Her and then Spotify chucked it on Hot Hits once it hit the UK top 40 official chart. Will be interesting to see if they do that again this time.

Nice to see you can score a top 40 hit from streams outside of Spotify though. They are clearly the most important, but still.

Added to Radio One as well this week, so it’s looking a bit promising again.

Last edited:
Slips one spot to #30 this week, but she’s performing on Strictly on Sunday I think? With Halloween tracks leaving I’d say she’ll get a new peak this week. It also returns to the Spotify top 200 at #186 for the first time since its first week, so looking promising it’s going to pick up some traction there. Would be nice to see her nab a top twenty after Can’t Tame Her had a fantastic run but never managed it.

#22 this week :disco: Added to Hot Hits on Spotify so might have a top twenty shot next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom