My top 32 favourite Real Housewives of ALL TIME: room for MORE?

Our Gizelle does LOVE A JUMPER :disco:

pruple.jpg

and who can forget the gorgeous LIBERACE BLAZER infamously worn twice in ONE YEAR!
eefae3bd269acdb754834b902ccc16d4.png

For a second there I thought you’d included AFFILIATE LINKS in case we wanted to PURCHASE THE PIECES OURSELVES.

It's not just the fashion though. What in the name of MAMA JOYCE'S TIRED WIG (Kenya Moore™) is going on HERE?

9RW8nPD.jpg

Last edited:
and would hate if evil Monique takes her down in the reunion as is being rumored.

I don't think a take down would finish off Gizelle. She'd pick herself back up again for season 6 - easily.

Actually, I don't think a takedown would finish any of the Potomac women off. Aside from perhaps Candiace. And maybe Monique if Karen and Ashley were to join in too.

Can we petition for the #1 of wurst's countdown to be included in the moopy banner - as a reward for his services with this thread.

Time a quick DIVERSION into one of the darkest, yet most compelling Housewife seasons of all. I can't really call out a single cast member for this countdown as it's very much an ENSEMBLE PIECE so we have a season-focus as a bonus write up...

BONUS: The Real Housewives of Vancouver season 1
real-housewives-of-vancouver.jpg

(L-R Christina, Reiko, Jody, Mary, Ronnie)

Whew, so this countdown's ONLY entire season write up, and there is SO MUCH to unpack here.
(There aren't a huge amount of GIFs for Vancouver, so pls excuse a lack of visual elements.)

Vancouver actually has two seasons, but I'm going to focus on season 1 as that season ALONE has enough to discuss - and whilst season 2 is also fun, it's more the extended adventures (IN HELL) of three of the wives from season 1 with a few extra Housewives thrown in. Let's keep things SIMPLE eh.

Mix the give-a-shit attitudes of the Melbourne ladies, with a sprinkle of the insanity of Sydney, plus the DARKNESS of seasons 1&2 of Beverley Hills and you kind of arrive at Vancouver. A triumph of reality TV casting, but also a show that is equally camp-insanity and uncomfortable how-did-this-make-it-to-tv moments.

I find season 1 of Vancouver quite David Lynch-esque at times, with moments that feel quite Twin Peaks. Vancouver being a city that isn't heard much about on the world stage adds to it's rather self-contained feel, contrasted with dominant themes of the murky underbelly of the rich, and quirky main (& supporting cast) members that DO FEEL like they could possibly have been Twin Peaks characters.
The cast are layered, and the storylines not as linear as presented. It was also shot SO LONG AGO now, it kind of feels like it could possibly BE a work of fiction these days.

It's also a show that has rather questionable EDITING at times, and is worth a couple of watches as the storylines you initially absorb on your first watch aren't necessarily what's GOING ON on-screen. I see parallels with S1 of Beverley Hills here, where Camille was painted as the TV villain - but was she REALLY?

Let's look at the cast themselves, starting with the BIG GAY FAVOURITE:
Christina Kiesel
PaltryJauntyGannet-size_restricted.gif

G2n0G.gif

tumblr_m63xvaPBNu1roaojm.gif

For THOSE IN THE KNOW, Christina Kiesel has become a bit of an niche Housewives internet icon - I mean THIS is literally the source of her income if you didn't bother to look at the gifs above properly:
V9txVLE.gif

She's straight out of a Jackie Collins novel, complete with a wandering British-something accent and a total GIVE A SHIT attitude. She's considerably late and/or hungover for almost every single filming opportunity, is wildly sex-positive, and generally brings her gay best friend and UBER-RICH surgery-enhanced older female friend along with her to most group events.

Coked-up Christina is a good time party girl, and makes no apologies for it. You do get the sense that she's using the opportunity of some quick TV fame to snag herself another RICH HUSBAND at points, but she's also a genuinely lovely person and often is forced to step in a sort-of voice of reason through the show.
I'm not really sure if reality tv was really for her, as it seems at several points she can't really BE ARSED with it all :D and to the fans disappointment, Christina didn't bother to return for season 2 - albeit this was entirely on her own terms than via being fired.

Oh yeah, and a plot point in series 1 is when Christina claims to have slept with fellow cast-member Jody's daughter Mia :D

FamiliarHandsomeHog-small.gif

Reiko Mackenzie

tumblr_mbaypvaWFq1rv1ckwo1_400.gif

Reiko is painted as the "sensible" one, and is probably closest to the BORING Housewife of the group.
But all is not QUITE what it seems.
The first time I watched Vancouver I had some sort of HOMOSEXUAL SENSING around Reiko. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, but the more I watched her the more I felt a sort of underlying sense of uncomfortable/awkward vibes in the way she was presenting her life on screen. Essentially I was thinking (albeit probably quite non-pc to do so) to myself "I'M SURE SHE'S A LESBIAN", but couldn't really say WHY. I just got those gaydar vibes you feel when you can sense one of your own in the midst.

Fast forward to post-show, Reiko divorces her barely-present husband, announces she's in a relationship with a woman, and has come out as being genderless :D Reiko was also apparently FLAT BROKE whilst filming, with her husband gathering all their "wealth" through money laundering scams. If you watch the season through the lens of knowing who Reiko REALLY IS, she becomes much more interesting.

In general, I actually really like Reiko. She turns things up a notch in the second part of the season due to a feud with Jody, she's absolutely GORGEOUS, and she's much more of a Chyka/Robyn character than a Cindy Barshop.
There's also the time when she turned up to an event in a purple felt ROBIN HOOD trilby to the bemusement of the other women.

Ronnie Negus
ba32e0908d39922806e492b2986d680f.gif

Now onto the QUEEN BEE of Vancouver, the MVP of the season, and one of the most complicated women I've ever seen on a Housewives show - RONNIE.

On the surface, Ronnie has it all. She's absolutely MINTED - serious, serious wealth.
She owns three waterfront HUGE HOUSES in a row, she has her own SEA PLANE, she's stunning visually (an amalgamation of both Appleton sisters crossed with Patsy Kensit) and she literally LOOKS expensive at all times (taste is of course something else entirely :eyes: ).

Yet Ronnie is an alcoholic. TO BE CLEAR: Ronnie has discussed and admitted this herself post-show, and has sought treatment and is now sober - so I'm not being some sort of armchair doctor here.
Unlike Kim Richards who was frequently an obvious mess on the show, Ronnie's alcohol problems are often subtler. There are scenes where she's an out-an-out SLOPPY DRUNK, but in the context of Housewives that's not all that unusual.
It's the OTHER SCENES where she's clearly a functioning alcoholic that are much more disturbing. It's a slightly unexpectedly-slurred word here and there, its a completely lack of light behind her eyes - it's a confessional where she looks immaculate everywhere but her red and puffy eyeballs with dark circles under them. If you've ever been around somebody who has had problems with alcohol, you will see the signs.

I'm kind of amazed somebody who was so obviously troubled was allowed to film the show, but as Ronnie acts as the anchor for the series I kind of imagine this was swept under the carpet to allow the show to continue. There are rumours Ronnie was on something MUCH HARDER than alcohol whilst filming, but as she hasn't admitted that I couldn't possibly speculate :eyes:

tumblr_m365zr2lE21qg5ea1o1_500.gif

Ronnie is also ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING, can cut you down with a GLACIAL STARE and clearly runs high in the Vancouver social scene as all the other cast members are on eggshells around her AT ALL TIMES.
She also has weird relationship with her long-suffering son, who could easily be mistaken for her boyfriend, and decides to launch her own WINE during the show (!) that she names REHAB. You really couldn't make it up.

Post-show Ronnie got divorced, and it came out that she was in a physically and mentally abusive relationship with her husband - this may go some way to explain her state of mind and substance issues apparent during filming, and probably suggests that she really wasn't in the RIGHT HEADSPACE to be strung up on TV.

Ronnie's alleged 'best friend' :eyes: is...

Last edited:
Real Housewives of Vancouver season 1 CONTINUED

Mary Zilba
tumblr_mmi7g6B5AB1r8s5bto1_500.gif

SORRY GUYS, this may be an unpopular opinion but I CANNOT STAND Mary Zilba :D
Mary Zilba is the apparent victim of the show, who claims BULLYING at every single moment she can. Whilst she absolutely has a rough ride on the show, and I can't excuse some of the behavior towards her - I also feel a lot of it was brought on HERSELF, and some of the other women were victims of some quite ruthless editing in Mary's favour.

A lot of the fights on the show are ACTUALLY a few seconds of footage, peppered with a confessional, then a few more seconds of footage from a later time. Confessionals are used to move the narrative along, and as a result you often only see a few FLEETING MOMENTS from certain fights - and the women (mainly Jody) seem to go from 1 to 100 in a matter of seconds. This often benefits Mary, who can claim to be the victim - but the women often allude to Mary bring unstable and having meltdowns, yet NONE of this is shown on-screen :eyes:

HDv8.gif

I think sometimes what is NOT SHOWN can be as important as what you see, and I've seen enough reality tv to have the opinion that the narrative of Mary being an INNOCENT VICTIM is just too heavy-handedly edited in my opinion.

There's a few key points that irritate me about Mary:
1. As mentioned above, Ronnie is clearly NOT OK to the point that I'm willing to excuse a lot of her bad behaviour on the show due to her clearly messed up state of mind. Mary is supposed to be Ronnie's best friend, yet enables her frequently with alcohol, and seems UNAWARE that Ronnie is going through any sort of problem, making every situation about herself.
Ronnie actually tackles Mary with this at the reunion, but the show swiftly CUTS TO BREAK probably as the show's production were scared that their heavy handed edit (with Ronnie as the victim and Mary as the innocent) could possibly get exposed.

2. A big fight stems from Mary allegedly questioning whether Housewife Jody (see below) and her daughter are actually Jewish - which then provokes a fight from a (rightly) pissed off daughter of Jody, yet Mary is shown as the victim here. Surely somebody questioning your VERY EXISTENCE is quite offensive, and something you may not react particularly well to..? :eyes:

3. Mary later has an event where it's clear Jody's daughter Mia will be THROWN OUT FROM if she attends, yet it doesn't actually show this being told to Mia who is dragged along as Jody's +1 (and is quite clear she doesn't want to attend the event). Fast forward a few hours later, and Mia is inevitably thrown out of the event, despite behaving FINE from what we've seen on screen. Again Mia is shown as the aggressor here (mainly through confessionals) - yet I see MARY as the aggressor having set Mia up for certain PUBLIC HUMILIATION!

It's just all a bit ODD, as unlike the rest of the cast Mary isn't even all that INTERESTING! She's not particularly charismatic, and if she didn't have the victim storyline she'd probably be viewed as one of the dullest Housewives of ALL TIME!

At the time of screening on TV, Mary was hugely supported by the public - and you can totally see why on a linear first watch. But dig a bit deeper with a bit of context of what has come out post-show, not everything appears to be AS IT SEEMS.

Anybody still with me? :eyes: the final Housewife is...

Jody Claman (and daughter Mia)
tumblr_mmlwbppZA11r8s5bto1_400.gif

tumblr_ml95c3UhZK1sonlo9o1_400.gif

LETS not get it twisted here: Jody is a TOTAL MONSTER on the show. She's an infamous Housewife as she's often mentioned as one of the most VILE PEOPLE to have ever been on the show (:D). She's legitimately AWFUL, but also a total GUILTY PLEASURE as (in season 1 at least) she is SO ENTERTAINING to watch.

Jody comes with a bonus sixth Housewife, her daughter Mia:
tumblr_mi78m9cwqO1rdutw3o1_500-thumb-500x282-19321.gif

Mia is Jody's mini-me in EVERY SENSE, and is absolutely the sixth cast member on the show - she gets almost as much screen time as the rest of them. Mia also gets a weird VILLAIN EDIT on the show, yet is mostly shown in confessionals and on-screen as being QUITE FUN and bubbly. I can't recall much footage at all of Mia being abusive or nasty - she's sort of tarred by the same brush as Jody as a result.

Jody is an eccentric and "highly spirited" Jewish mother - she mentions she's Jewish ALL THE TIME so I think it's justified to mention it when talking about her - and in the group scenes is a different person to her solo scenes. In her solo scenes she's quite a funny ODDBALL who owns a shifty boutique business. I could almost imagine a Jody & Mia SPIN OFF SHOW based around their shop, as they are quite fun when together.

Group scenes however is a DIFFERENT MATTER :D Jody wears sunglasses almost all the time, has a HATE BONER for Mary and says some of the most vicious and insulting lines I've ever heard on a Housewives show. I do feel for season 1 at least she was playing up to the cameras somewhat as a caricature - at one point she serves Mary LEGAL PAPERS during a champagne-fuelled personal shopping scene that is SO OTT and stupid I can't see how anybody could really take it seriously.

Jody picks off the cast members (Ronnie aside) one by one, and is accused by Reiko at one point of OVERCHARGING HER in her boutique by TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS :D
As mentioned, Christina retaliates to Jody's shit by pretending to sleep with Mia, which really is a delicious plot twist.
rhov-christina-jody-2.gif

I do have some sympathy for Jody. She gave 100% and camped it up for the villain role and it really came back to bite her - she STILL gets shit for her time on the show today. Some of the stuff she does is inexcusable, but it's also a TV show and for the moments mentioned above - this show was quite clearly not REAL LIFE.

tumblr_ml450qwBPk1r8s5bto1_500.gif

I'm going to WRAP THIS UP here, but I'd be VERY interested to hear thoughts from anybody that has watched this BONKERS show (it's on HayU in the UK! Series 1 is better than series 2 JUST SAYING), if you don't watch, then frankly YOUR LOSS!
HDv6.gif

Back to the normal countdown now, NEXT!

Last edited:
Mix the give-a-shit attitudes of the Melbourne ladies, with a sprinkle of the insanity of Sydney, plus the DARKNESS of seasons 1&2 of Beverley Hills and you kind of arrive at Vancouver. A triumph of reality TV casting, but also a show that is equally camp-insanity and uncomfortable how-did-this-make-it-to-tv moments

I haven't and will not read the rest of this at the moment, but this paragraph alone has sold me on it and me and @COB shall watch this after our trip to Auckland.

OH I forgot to mention - Vancouver is oddly-SAPPHIC FRIENDLY. It has really deep lesbian vibes to me.

Alongside Christina and Mia, Ronnie and Mary have a few scenes which make you think ARE THEY LOVERS? and Reiko's "friend" starts appearing towards the end of the season :eyes:

"I'll have a Sauvignon Blanc with two ice cubes, and Mary will have the too as she copies EVERYTHING I DO!"

I know it's their bodies and they can do as they please, but of all the various facial surgeries on offer I have NEVER understood the one that makes them look like they have two golf balls resting in their cheeks.

I'm not sure if it's still DONE, but it seemed to be all the rage a few years ago (presumably when this series aired :D).

Last edited:
I'm living for the Vancouver interval act mid-countdown :disco:

An incredible cast of vicious characters, and a second season so toxic that it didn't get a reunion - or a renewal. Those two seasons are essential Housewives viewing.

Jody might have gone into it with the idea of playing the villain, but I don't believe much of what we saw was her acting. Truly the face of evil. And probably the worst person we've been introduced to on any of these shows. But obviously amazing television.

Special mention needs to go to three supporting characters:

1. Christina's GBFF Kevin, and his face that literally looked like it was in constant pain due to so much botox and tanning beds
2. Marika. This woman should have had her own spin-off show. I need to know everything about her. Is she truly as insane as she looks? Or is it drugs?
2. The opening two lines of Mary's song, Hero. I hate it, but "It ain't Elvis Aaron Presley, it ain't the cool of James Dean" will forever be etched on brain - such was the frequency of its use across those two seasons.

Special mention needs to go to three supporting characters:

1. Christina's GBFF Kevin, and his face that literally looked like it was in constant pain due to so much botox and tanning beds
2. Marika. This woman should have had her own spin-off show. I need to know everything about her. Is she truly as insane as she looks? Or is it drugs?
2. The opening two lines of Mary's song, Hero. I hate it, but "It ain't Elvis Aaron Presley, it ain't the cool of James Dean" will forever be etched on brain - such was the frequency of its use across those two seasons.

I'm SO PLEASED somebody brought these fabulous FREAKS AND WEIRDOS up :disco:

Kevin is clearly OFF HIS TITS in some confessionals, eyes like saucers.
Marika is FASCINATING. I love it when Jody asked her whether she'd had surgery to look like a FAIRY :D
hqdefault.jpg

She would have been such an interesting additional Housewife, but tbh season 1 didn't really NEED IT!
The Christina/Kevin/Marika relationship was ODD too - what was going on there? :D Marika was clearly BANKROLLING their lifestyle of fabulous parties and MOUNTAINS of cocaine. That bonkers trip they go to in Mexico for Mary Zilba's HIDEOUS blue alcoholic drink, and they all are clearly off their tits getting naked on the beach :D

Oh and the shot of MOON FACE MARY singing the opening lines of that song into the eyes of Ronnie's recently-deceased daughter at the start of season 2 is absolutely TERRIFYING!

and a second season so toxic that it didn't get a reunion - or a renewal.

I do LIKE season 2, it's very fun - but doesn't have the same David Lynch-esque magic season 1 does. Season 1 is truly a combination of dynamite casting, a moment in time and the darkness of almost an entire cast trying to be something that they are not. Deffo one of my favourite Housewives seasons of all.

Season 2 felt a bit like the veterans teaching the newbies how to be wives at points. Ronnie is more of a mess than ever. Republican Robin is one of my most LOATHED Housewives of ALL TIME, and the Russian one was fun but ultimately a bit pointless and not really the replacement for Christina they were clearly aiming for.
Some of the fake storylines are SO OBVIOUS/BORING too :D Kombucha is NOT A STORY LINE! Don't even get me started on the SINGING STORYLINE :zombie:

I know it's their bodies and they can do as they please, but of all the various facial surgeries on offer I have NEVER understood the one that makes them look like they have two gold balls resting in their cheeks.

I'm not sure if it's still DONE, but it seemed to be all the rage a few years ago (presumably when this series aired :D).

There is a lot I COULD SAY in reference to certain cast members on this show and this post :eyes: but for once I'm going to keep my mouth shut :D

Oh and in OTHER NEWS I fucked the numbers up on this countdown AGAIN :D

I had originally planned a COMBINED POST for two wives, but I've now decided they need INDIVIDUAL WRITE UPS. This means (including Robyn) we currently have 12 Housewives in the top 10 :D

Do we just have them as a joint position, or do we BOOT Gizelle out the top 10? Does it even MATTER! Vote NOW! :D

It's VERY YOU! Start on season 1! It's the PERFECT dark night December watch :disco:

Jody, Christina and Ronnie are some of the most memorable and ridiculous Housewives of any series!

I might watch with my MOTHER tonight, she loves the Housewives and I think they hayu subscription is gonna blow her mind.

Also, random question but has noted RuPaul's Drag Race star and Moopy Icon of yore Phoebe Price ever turned up on one of these shows?

She seems custom made for this shit, aside from the fact that she's almost certainly FLAT BROKE and quite possibly DEAD.

I'm waiting for the LuANN write-up. She's the most MOOPY ICONIQUE out of all of them I think. Well apart from Gina of course

Y'all ready to get FANCY? :disco:

09: Heather Dubrow - Real Housewives of Orange County

3nxF.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Yay Heather Dubrow, an absolute HORROR of a woman, and one of my absolute favourite accidentally-hilarious Housewives of all :disco:

Heather Dubrow is part of a reality TV POWER COUPLE, with her husband Terry Dubrow famous for being one of the doctors on Botched. Heather even appeared on the show HERSELF at one point :D

The Dubrows are FILTHY RICH, and possibly up there as one of the wealthiest Housewives couples of all time. They are a fully-functioning UNIT together, lead of course by Heather, yet their marriage often feels more like one of CONVENIENCE than one full of WILD PASSION and romance these days.

Heather is not a native Californian, being born originally in New York, and worked as an actress before her career as a Housewife.
giphy.gif

Her acting roles included HOT IN CLEVELAND and a main cast role for a couple of seasons on something called That's Life. You can watch a whole episode here if you are SO INCLINED, or just scroll through to see a young but still INCREDIBLY wide-eyed Heather.

Heather's casting on OC was inspired. To me, she often feels like she was cast on the WRONG SHOW, and would have fit much better as a Bethenny replacement on New York, or as a Beverley Hills wife instead. However this slight-fancy-fish-out-of-water element is what makes Heather SUCH an incredible Housewife - had she BEEN cast on another franchise there's a possibility she would have just BLENDED IN with the other women.

giphy.gif

Heather is OF COURSE aka FANCY PANTS :disco:

Heather Dubrow has MORE MONEY than you. Heather Dubrow has BETTER TASTE than you. Heather Dubrow is MORE INTELLIGENT than you. Heather Dubrow has MORE CLASS than you, and boy does she let the other women know it at all times :D

giphy.gif

I find the "friendships" Heather has with the other women hilarious, as she clearly thinks they are all ABSOLUTE MORONS :D
Her closest ally on the show is probably Tamra? At one point Tamra actually ASKS Heather to stop using BIG WORDS as she doesn't understand them :D Heather's frequently called CONDESCENDING and the other women love to bitch about how Heather uses her intellect to wriggle off the hook and manipulate situations.

giphy.gif

For me personally though, it's the LITTLE THINGS that make me really enjoy Heather Dubrow. I'll get to her wider plot pieces in a bit - but it's really her FUSSY FANCY NATURE that make her quietly hysterical to me.

It's almost hard to put it into words, as you really need a SUPERCUT of Heather's overbearing nature to really illustrate it. THANKFULLY an amazing Instagram account has gone to the trouble of literally archiving all of Heather Dubrow's moments of mild lunacy with a special #FancyPantsFriday section they do every week :D @TheRealHousewivesOrders I SALUTE YOU!

THIS SCENE, which was from Heather's second episode on the show I have watched so many times and find it hysterical every time. It really distills the essence of who Heather Dubrow is in a SHORT CLIP:

The HORROR of an OPEN MENU! The waitress referring to Dr Dubrow but not Heather! The pointless fuss about a THIN PIECE OF SEA BASS! Her absolute agony when her sea bass is cooked perfectly so she can't complain! :disco:

There are LOADS of these scenes, and having a microscope over them makes them even more hilarious to me - as it's stuff you'd easily miss if half-watching a normal episode. A couple more of my faves:

The other women seemingly INTIMIDATED by Heather's extremely fancy tea party :D

Heather explaining why the champagne she is drinking isn't ACTUALLY champagne

Trawl through the archive yourself here, and feel MORE THAN FREE to highlight any gems below :disco:
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/fancypantsfriday/

Normally a Housewife being pointlessly overbearing like this would be accused of being delusional - but Heather Dubrow really ISN'T. She's entirely sane, just OBSCENELY high-maintenance and a complete fucking nightmare.

tumblr_oh3xtv1EFk1ql5yr7o1_500.gifv

In regards to the show Heather is known for a few things.
Her best-known scene is PROBABLY when she throws a huge fancy party, and some drunk girl decides to eat a (TINY BIT) of the bow on top of Heather's cake, which causes the mother of meltdowns over absolutely NOTHING :D
AgileEnlightenedAttwatersprairiechicken-small.gif

Thankfully this scene is on youtube in full, and if you've never seen CAKE GATE it's really worth a few moments of your time, as I'd rank it as an all-time classic Housewives scene from any franchise:

A darker side to Heather aside from the camp Stepford-wife nonsense of her Fancy Pants persona, is that she can be INCREDIBLY manipulative - and uses her aura of a permanent moral high-ground to do so.

NcP1.gif

The "Terry, do we need to call an ambulance, I think she's having A PSYCHOTIC BREAK" moment is honestly disgusting behaviour, and the most obvious example of gaslighting from a Housewives show. It's mainly in part 2, but part 1 gives some context to the explosion:

Yes Shannon has mental health problems that's she's been open about on the show, but she was NOT having a psychotic break. I'm amazed she wasn't fired for this. Incredibly VICKI comes out as the voice of reason!

It's not the ONLY TIME Heather does this on the show either, she constantly tries to unnerve Shannon in Shannon's early seasons - especially the first time they meet with the RESTAURANT CHAIRS.
Heather also pulls the same gaslighting shit with Kelly Dodd on their (incredible) trip to Ireland, AGAIN suggesting Kelly is having a "psychotic break" and then saying "she's insane isn't she?"

tenor.gif

Heather and Kelly Dodd then went on to having a VERY UGLY public feud, with Heather saying she won't return to the show unless Kelly is OFF IT.
Heather was actually fired from the OC - a decision that most fans seem to view as a BIG MISTAKE, despite her above behaviour - and she's absolutely one of the Housewives that is most frequently wished for as a returnee.

Heather's other big show moment is of course her MONEY!
tumblr_npp124lkdV1spgk1lo1_500.gif

Heather spends a BIG CHUNK of her time on the show building her ludicrous 'Dubrow Chateau' from the GROUND UP, and a half-built dining room is of course the setting for when Vicki SUMMONED THE SPIRIT OF JESUS mentioned earlier in this thread.

Heather has a surprisingly successful series of Youtube videos showing ALL PARTS of this sprawling mega-mansion, including a LAUNDRY ROOM TOUR :D

What now for Heather? Well she has the most successful podcast on the ENTIRE PLANET according to this Instagram post :D

She's hosting a new plastic surgery show with Terry at some point soon, and has has SO MUCH MONEY I doubt anything in her life is difficult. The best thing the OC could do right now is get Tamra and Heather back for the next season - but would Heather even want to do it these days? WHO KNOWS!

As ever, let me know your favourite fancy pants moments, gifs, fights and gas-lighting examples below :disco:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

NEXT!

Last edited:
She DEFILED my cake is one of my all time favorites. A meltdown over a centimeter of fondant is what I live for.

Yes she is a grade A gaslighter but you have to admire the work she does on Shanon, it’s like watching a master of her craft in action.

She DEFILED my cake is one of my all time favorites. A meltdown over a centimeter of fondant is what I live for.

Yes she is a grade A gaslighter but you have to admire the work she does on Shanon, it’s like watching a master of her craft in action.

DEFFO. Whilst I obviously have to condemn her manipulating behaviour, it really was fascinating to watch unfold.

Heather is definitely one of the most fascinating women ever to appear on Housewives. And my all-time fave from the OC. She's an absolute monster. But such an undeniably compelling one.

So many Housewives on these shows try to self produce - with most of them falling flat on their face in an unsuccessful attempt. But I think Heather was superb at self-producing - until the infamous Dublin bus ride on her final season of course, but I'll come back to that :eyes:

She came up with a character that would stay above the drama thanks to a moral high ground and an attitude that was aghast at everything going on around her. And she walked onto set and played that part to a tee, as she had all her previous parts as an actress. :disco: She was most definitely a villain in all five of her seasons, manipulating every situation and everyone castmate around her, but she still managed to come across actually quite sane in comparison to everyone else? And I'm sure most viewers respected rather then loathed her.

The gaslighting of Shannon and the bullying of Alexis she got away with and never really got called out on - because she knew her victims and how they would either set themselves up in their own trap, or react perfectly to hers. And so she never got that villain edit she deserved, and was always able to double down on her manipulation in her talking heads. And quite believably, too. A master puppeteer.

Then came Kelly Dodd - who's an altogether more difficult puppet to control, as she's far too unpredictable. I think Heather still managed quite well, though. Until the Dublin trip - and that bus ride to the airport. Whether it was the early am call time, the lack of sleep from the night before, or did she think that the footage wouldn't be used because the lighting was so terrible - but either way, the mask slipped and the monster came out. And it was ugly. :D And Heather was ended.

Are we sure she was fired? I always assumed she left of her own accord out of utter SHAME. She must have known that a take-down season was on the cards for her after the end of season 11. And with Kelly Dodd on the cast, she was never going to be able to maintain the stronghold she'd had on everyone previously. I can imagine her bowing out. And I can also imagine her knocking on the door again when Kelly is fired after this season. I just really hope they let her back in.

Heather is definitely one of the most fascinating women ever to appear on Housewives. And my all-time fave from the OC. She's an absolute monster. But such an undeniably compelling one.

So many Housewives on these shows try to self produce - with most of them falling flat on their face in an unsuccessful attempt. But I think Heather was superb at self-producing - until the infamous Dublin bus ride on her final season of course, but I'll come back to that :eyes:

She came up with a character that would stay above the drama thanks to a moral high ground and an attitude that was aghast at everything going on around her. And she walked onto set and played that part to a tee, as she had all her previous parts as an actress. :disco: She was most definitely a villain in all five of her seasons, manipulating every situation and everyone castmate around her, but she still managed to come across actually quite sane in comparison to everyone else? And I'm sure most viewers respected rather then loathed her.

The gaslighting of Shannon and the bullying of Alexis she got away with and never really got called out on - because she knew her victims and how they would either set themselves up in their own trap, or react perfectly to hers. And so she never got that villain edit she deserved, and was always able to double down on her manipulation in her talking heads. And quite believably, too. A master puppeteer.

Then came Kelly Dodd - who's an altogether more difficult puppet to control, as she's far too unpredictable. I think Heather still managed quite well, though. Until the Dublin trip - and that bus ride to the airport. Whether it was the early am call time, the lack of sleep from the night before, or did she think that the footage wouldn't be used because the lighting was so terrible - but either way, the mask slipped and the monster came out. And it was ugly. :D And Heather was ended.

Are we sure she was fired? I always assumed she left of her own accord out of utter SHAME. She must have known that a take-down season was on the cards for her after the end of season 11. And with Kelly Dodd on the cast, she was never going to be able to maintain the stronghold she'd had on everyone previously. I can imagine her bowing out. And I can also imagine her knocking on the door again when Kelly is fired after this season. I just really hope they let her back in.

What a response :disco:

I've only ever watched The OC back as a BINGE WATCH (could you even watch it in the UK at the time of airing years ago?) and Heather's role as master manipulator is more obvious when watching a season in quite a short amount of time. I imagine people watching on a weekly basis would have been more struck with the quirky Bree Van De Kamp elements of Heather's persona than her dark side.
She was probably quite an aspirational figure to a lot of viewers, especially when surrounded by such a sea of hot garbage cast mates :D

I had to research as to whether she was fired or not, as I didn't believe it EITHER. If you google "Heather Dubrow fired" lots comes up
https://etcanada.com/news/659898/ta...-dubrow-was-fired-due-to-a-personal-conflict/

It sounds like she broke the Housewives golden rule: DON'T BE A NIGHTMARE TO PRODUCTION! And out of all Housewives of all, I can totally see Heather Dubrow being an absolute NIGHTMARE off-camera, especially 5 seasons in. She's the sort of Housewife I can imagine asking for sign off on all her scenes, and becoming the show's own (unwelcome) mini-producer AND director :D

God bless Tamra :D Loose lips sink ships!

https://allaboutthetea.com/2020/06/23/heather-dubrow-fired-as-a-lesson/

“Oh yeah. She took it bad. It was hard for her. She’s the one who taught me to unfollow everybody because it’s the easiest way to get over things,” Tamra revealed. “She was also offered a part time role and didn’t take it. I think what they wanted to do was sort of smack her around and say, you know what, here’s a part time role and then the next year they probably would have brought her back. But I’m just speculating.”

The CUT Fitness owner shared that Heather reached out when she heard that she was leaving the franchise, to offer support through the transition.

“It took her a while to get over it, too. She reached out to me as soon as she found out about [me getting fired] and she’s like, ‘I can’t even believe this! What is going on in the world?’ She told me [it took her] a while,” Tamra added. “She goes, ‘It probably took me three years to follow people and talk about the Housewives again.’”

It took Heather THREE YEARS to get over leaving Housewives?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom