🌹Britney's Indefinite Work Hiatus: The Instagram Years🌹

Documentary coming out on Feb 5

Last edited:
Watching some of this now. Diane Sawyer really is a rubbish interviewer. Why is she so famous and apparently respected?

Edit: OMG on that Family Fortunes style game show with the question “what has Britney Spears lost?” :manson:

Last edited:
That was really well put together, thanks @PercyPig - watched it as I doubt it’ll stay on YouTube for long.

It’s surprisingly still up. I’ve not watched it fully yet but plan to today

You might also enjoy this https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000qsk1/celebrity-a-21stcentury-story

Britney is featured in Episode 2 but it’s all watchable at the ridiculousness of tabloid culture back then. Jamie East quite remorseful, Perez Hilton still a cunt.

The biggest voice of reason in this was a flash to CNN at 43:50 in the video, when Anderson Cooper was reporting about her, then it flashes to Larry King who had Michael Moore by his side, and Moore just says something like "Why don't we all just leave her alone?" with a face that clearly thinks this is not real news. This is not long after Perez Hilton is shown gleefully saying "Thank you Britney, being bad is so good for my business". Fuck off!

Anyway, her situation as a huge celebrity being hounded and mocked is rare on that scale but not unique, however the conservatorship certainly is and that's the most interesting part.

The documentary is very good (only halfway through atm). Diane Sawyer needs to apologize (on screen) for that interview. Has she?

Diane: This governor's wife said she wanted to SHOOT YOU. How does that make you feel?

I mean FOR FUCK SAKE. It's interesting we have these discussions about Moopy's culture evolving etc over the years and what's acceptable/unacceptable behavior- I think that is also reflective of the media/celebrity culture too in the mid to late 2000s. We don't exist in a vacuum!

That documentary just made me a bit SAD :( Poor Britney. I did laugh at the general tone of 'society put too much scrutiny on this girl' segueing to 'anyway, here's two women who have made a career out of discussing her instagram posts' :D

Britney's lawyers are going to dump her boyfriend at this rate :o

All of this is both SAD and DELICIOUS in EQUAL MEASURE. I hope the outcome of all of this is that she finally is able to get Jamie OUT of the picture even if the conservatorship resumes.

Oh wow, never ever thought he’d apologise to Janet.

He’s kind of being made a bit of a scape goat though because he was just in his early 20s himself going along with a lot of things he was being provoked to say.

So convenient for him to apologise twenty years after the fact, when the world had turned against him. We will always stan lip-synch queens Janet and Britney. And let's face it, their bops have aged much, much better than most of his catalogue.

Did we ever get to the bottom of whether that Janet Jackson reveal was on purpose or not? Her nipple was covered. It was such a storm in a SUPERSIZED American teacup.

Poor Janft.

Did we ever get to the bottom of whether that Janet Jackson reveal was on purpose or not? Her nipple was covered. It was such a storm in a SUPERSIZED American teacup.

Poor Janft.
Oh it was SO staged by both of them and likely everyone involved in the performance knew about it too. It was just the OTT media reaction and the fact that she was blackballed, even banned from live shows like the Grammys and he was very much not.

Not his actual fault and he just wimped out and chose to suck up to people, but again he was about 23 and ambitious, so that’s what you have to do.

Framing Britney Spears airs on Sky Documentaries on Tuesday 16 February at 9pm. It will also be available on demand and on NOW TV

Saw this last night. It really is disgusting how she was treated. The bits that got me the most were when she was in the diner trying to eat and was literally just surrounded by that horrifying mass of constant photographers and then the paparazzo who was trying to claim he was somehow on her side. Absolute filth.

Apparently her streaming has seen a surge since the documentary. This is a sexy stat:

TOP 30 WEEKLY STREAMS - PRE-2000s ACTS

56M — Eminem
34.3M — Beatles
31.2M — Lil Wayne
24.9M — Fleetwood Mac
22.8M — Queen
19.4M — AC/DC
18.8M — 2Pac
18.6M — Michael Jackson
18.5M — Coldplay
18.1M — Linkin Park

17.7M — Eagles
17.7M — Kenny Chesney
17.6M — George Strait
16.8M — Metallica
16.6M — Foo Figthers
16.1M — Usher
16M — Red Hot Chilli Peppers
15.9M — Led Zeppelin
15M — Nirvana
14.7M — Billy Joel

14.7M — The Rolling Stones
14.6M — Pink Floyd
14.3M — Green Day
13.8M — Tim McGraw
13.8M — Elton Jhon
13.8M — Tom Petty
13.6M — Frank Sinatra
13.6M — The Notorious BIG
13.2M — Jay Z
13.1M — Britney Spears

Only female in the top 30 :(

What a gross list. I like a good amount of them but just so basic and male. Those numbers for Emimen (and to a lesser extent Fleetwood Mac) are impressive

Free trial of Hulu?
hID3Clb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom