2021 National Final Season Schedule

I hear that Drag Race UK has a Eurovision episode coming soon. I wonder if the BBC will tie our announcement in with that, or whether that's too much like competence for them?

My first thought when I read about this last night is whether Ru will strut into the work-room and casually drop the announcement by saying "to celebrate the Frock Destroyers representing the UK at this years Eurovision Song Contest, for this week's challenge we'll be..." :shock:

The dream is that if they do use Drag Race to announce anything, it is that its MNEK

I can see the announcement being made to tie in with the show but I can’t see it being anything directly to do with the show.

Catching up with some of the national final song selections and I'm really not impressed.
Lithuania are AWFUL this year. After the last couple of pre-selections I really had them pegged as an emerging contender. Their best hope is The Roop's lazy cash-in on last year.
Even France disappointed me (Apart from PONY X) - they're really leaning into pop and tropical house, where's all the cool, interesting stuff like OK ou KO and Comme Une Grande?

Catching up with some of the national final song selections and I'm really not impressed.
Lithuania are AWFUL this year. After the last couple of pre-selections I really had them pegged as an emerging contender. Their best hope is The Roop's lazy cash-in on last year.
Even France disappointed me (Apart from PONY X) - they're really leaning into pop and tropical house, where's all the cool, interesting stuff like OK ou KO and Comme Une Grande?
I wouldn't think too deeply about Lithuania's selection this year. It's clearly rigged from the start to get The Roop in. Poor not-in-with-a-chance Evita :(

I wouldn't think too deeply about Lithuania's selection this year. It's clearly rigged from the start to get The Roop in. Poor not-in-with-a-chance Evita :(
Which is SAD, because Lithuania have been a great source of solid pop songs the last couple of years. Also, I'm not keen on Estonia's selection this year :(

I can't see MNEK representing the UK as a solo act (and they would probably bomb anyway - they are hardly the worlds GREATEST performer), but an MNEK written song? YES PLEASE! and surely not out of the realms of possibility at all.

Which is SAD, because Lithuania have been a great source of solid pop songs the last couple of years. Also, I'm not keen on Estonia's selection this year :(
Oh yes Estonia’s is DREADFUL. When you’re hoping a George Ezra rip-off wins you know it’s the absolute pits.

Also, there is NO EXCUSE for any country not to be playing their absolute A-game this year. It's a historic show, two years in the making, which should be a huge, unifying moment after what Europe has endured over the last year.

I refuse to believe flaccid, cheapo pop is what some of these countries think is an appropriate way to mark this occasion.

The Spanish preselection sounds great this year, the public will vote between a total of TWO songs. :square:

France have really let themselves down. For better or worse, I don't expect a French song to sound like it could be from any country - I feel like they've foregone a bit of their identity for Euro-fodder pop.

Also, there is NO EXCUSE for any country not to be playing their absolute A-game this year. It's a historic show, two years in the making, which should be a huge, unifying moment after what Europe has endured over the last year.

I refuse to believe flaccid, cheapo pop is what some of these countries think is an appropriate way to mark this occasion.

Fine but how do you REALLY feel?

I love pretty much all the French songs :D

The Spanish preselection sounds great this year, the public will vote between a total of TWO songs. :square:
I think it’s just there for the sake of it :D

Ukraine are also now talking about having a jury to choose a song for Go_A (including evil Jamala) which seems to be getting dressed up as a national final as well.

OMG Melodi Grand Prix and Melodifestivalen on the same day. Which is higher priority?

I'm not so sure; when it's the MGP Final with KEiiNO vs Raylee vs TIX etc I think that might take priority.

I’ll have a SPLIT SCREEN open :disco:
1fb4Era.jpg

As we didn't have enough going on next 20th, add the Spanish preselection, or whatever that is gonna be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom