22 dead at Manchester Arena Ariana Grande concert bombing

A few reports suggesting there was an explosion in the foyer/ticket office area

Oh dear this is horrible, poor people :(

Did Janet upload a video cancelling her tour already?

Reactions: ZZ
I hope people get the message now and avoid Ariana Grande at all costs

Joking aside, this is horrible :(

I just saw a video playing in the Guardian web site of people screaming and panicking

No, seriously, I don't want to sound I'm making fun of this, tomorrow morning will probably find out it's still bigger, unfortunately it's always like this. I hope I'm totally wrong.

:(

Well the best guess at the moment is a nail bomb killing over 20 teenagers, so good luck with that.

WHAT?! I hope that's another fake shit from twitter.

Madison posted the actual police statement further above, dear

A statement from Manchester Arena says the incident took place outside the venue – earlier reports had suggested it happened in the foyer. It’s very common for details to be conflicting in the immediate aftermath of an incident like this; we will confirm as soon as we can.

The statement reads:

We can confirm there was an incident as people were leaving the Ariana Grande show last night.

The incident took place outside the venue in a public space.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims.

To do that in a place full of kids it's absolutely insane.

Well, you just summed up how fucking crazy terrorists think. It's absolutely insane indeed. But that's what you get with those people.

A US official said suicide bombing is now considered to be the "likely" reason for the blast and a male at the scene in Manchester has been identified as the probable bomber.

It made me wonder how a suicide bomber could get into an arena and then I saw it was after the gig in the foyer. Security tends to step down once the show starts.

Now I'm the first to hate on kids, but there's something particularly heartbreaking about the kids dying as their parents waited outside.

In fact the footage shows parents waiting outside as screaming kids were fleeing for their lives.

Doesn't compute.

Last edited:
This feels like one of the first terrorist attacks that has been directly aimed at kids?

Not that they haven't been affected by previous attacks of course, but you don't walk into an Ariana Grande gig and blow yourself up without knowing your audience is going to be very specific. Like the Orlando terrorist attack I guess...

This feels like one of the first terrorist attacks that has been directly aimed at kids?

Not that they haven't been affected by previous attacks of course, but you don't walk into an Ariana Grande gig and blow yourself up without knowing your audience is going to be very specific. Like the Orlando terrorist attack I guess...
Probably the first mass murder of children in the UK for 21 years (Dunblane massacre).

Jesus.

Prolific & frequently hilarious tweeter Martyn Hett is missing. Really hope he's ok.

A mate of mine was at this gig but is safe. I woke up to this news and had a massive panic.

Watching this one is actually really hard.

Hearing parents still searching for their kids and all the Twitter posts with people desperate to find their friends is actually dreadful.

I guess it's the nature of how and when it was done. Leaving gigs is chaotic at the best of times.

The other thing I think is really shit is because it's happened at a gig and I'm sure Ariana Grande didn't sit down and hand pick her tour dates, essentially those people were there because of her.

That's a lot of guilt to put on a 23 year old woman. And there's no way you wouldn't feel some sense of guilt or responsibility.

Something like this happening so close to home bloody scary. :(

I seem to recall the Eagles of Death Metal singer was pretty fucked up after the Bataclan attack. There's no doubt that mass death at a concert in your name is going to seriously psychologically damage someone and I'm sure, regardless of the star status of Ariana, she will be no exception.

I seem to recall the Eagles of Death Metal singer was pretty fucked up after the Bataclan attack. There's no doubt that mass death at a concert in your name is going to seriously psychologically damage someone and I'm sure, regardless of the star status of Ariana, she will be no exception.

For the vast majority of people, is she even that well known? In houses with teenage kids probably but she's hardly a household name. Well, she will be now. But I think this will always be associated with her for a lot of people.

For the vast majority of people, is she even that well known? In houses with teenage kids probably but she's hardly a household name. Well, she will be now. But I think this will always be associated with her for a lot of people.
She's no Adele or Beyonce for sure. She's probably on the periphery of the consciousness of anyone with a vague interest in popular culture.

The missing people pictures on Twitter are all young teens. It takes a real cunt to wake up of a morning and think "I'm gonna pop a kids pop concert tonight".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom