A rewatch TIMETABLE

Tbf the 2016 one was pretty LONG wasn't it? I'm sure 1997 started at 8 and was done by 10 or 10.30 whereas 2016 seemed to end closer to midnight.

I remember cos I was getting knackered. :)

I'm a bit disappointed that we're doing the 1980s ones as late night rewatches, I just can't stay up that late, as they inevitably don't start until past 11pm and then they can go on until 2am. It's not fair to expect people to stay up to that time, plus it's even harder for the non-Brits.

Wed 20th May pencilled in for @Alla-vision: The Sequel
Last time I checked you had Moopyvision 2020 on that date; there seemed to be some appetite to at least watching the youtubes of the finalists at the same time - if we're going to do that then 20 May would be the best slot for it (although by that stage we may all have seen enough on the Europe Come Over a Light Together extravaganza)

I'm a bit disappointed that we're doing the 1980s ones as late night rewatches, I just can't stay up that late, as they inevitably don't start until past 11pm and then they can go on until 2am. It's not fair to expect people to stay up to that time, plus it's even harder for the non-Brits.

Fair? It's only a rewatch! (Presumably of shows you've seen hundreds of times, no?)

Last time I checked you had Moopyvision 2020 on that date; there seemed to be some appetite to at least watching the youtubes of the finalists at the same time - if we're going to do that then 20 May would be the best slot for it (although by that stage we may all have seen enough on the Europe Come Over a Light Together extravaganza)

true - were you in charge of that? To be honest I removed it because it was originally there as a placeholder to remind us that actual Eurovision was that day. And then we’ve got Kalavision too...

I’ve put Allavision on the and I’ll put Eurovision 2020 back on the 20th

Fair? It's only a rewatch! (Presumably of shows you've seen hundreds of times, no?)

I do agree with this in the sense that we do need to have some sort of a line otherwise we’d never agree on anything or be able to watch stuff. The reality is that this has all come about because our regular lives have been disrupted by lockdown and we have weekly distractions we can look forward to. When this is all over it’d be nice to continue the rewatches, and then maybe those contests that were given a worse viewing slot can be given a prime time viewing slot.

I think the idea first of all was that not many people would be into the 80s contests. And that by scheduling them after, it would also stop people starting more recent ones immediately after the main event.

Last Saturday was just TOO LONG, really.

@Tisch is right though, it’s because Eurovision 2016 went on till more or less MIDNIGHT

Yeah, i think we should have just gone for A Song For Eurotrash or ASFE or GBSC really. Perhaps we need to rethink the late night ones going forward if we can't start them before midnight.

1985 (planned for late night this weekend) is 2hr 45min. Perhaps we can agree to change that to something else, if we can't get it started by a decent time?

Yeah, i think we should have just gone for A Song For Eurotrash or ASFE or GBSC really. Perhaps we need to rethink the late night ones going forward if we can't start them before midnight.

I genuinely think the answer might just be that any one we have rewatched is fair game - the amount of posters who’ve taken their turn to demand another 1999 rewatch for example :D

1985 (planned for late night this weekend) is 2hr 45min. Perhaps we can agree to change that to something else, if we can't get it started by a decent time?
well, perhaps as a good compromise is that from now, we treat 1985-1992 as the years we make prime time. We’re running out of years anyway

well, perhaps as a good compromise is that from now, we treat 1985-1992 as the years we make prime time. We’re running out of years anyway

Yes, i think that's a good call.

If we are doing more MF rewatches now I wonder what's the point of more AF. I'm more than happy to upload even Heats instead of putting a video together if people are up for it, of course.

Last edited:
If we are doing more MF rewatches now I wonder what's the point of more AF. I'm more than happy to upload even Heats instead of putting a video together if people are up for it, of course.
I'm very keen for more MF content, but I'm not really interested in the late rewatches (as noted elsewhere they don't work for as many people). The beauty of AF (well, one of many beauties) was that it was in the early time slot.

I'm very keen for more MF content, but I'm not really interested in the late rewatches (as noted elsewhere they don't work for as many people). The beauty of AF (well, one of many beauties) was that it was in the early time slot.
Well yes, and not going through unintelligible Swedish dialogues. Why getting 7 songs in 90 minutes when you can have 40 in 120.

Front page has been updated as a result of this chat

@Beverley - like with 2008, I’ll put 2004 on there but I highly suspect the EurovisionAgain team will get to it on a Saturday before we do!

I can’t stay for the DRUNK ONE unfortunately but shall be here for 93!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom