A rewatch TIMETABLE

They did Athens in their second week when we did something else.

Could be Rome, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Riga, Luxembourg, Lisbon, Istanbul, Tallinn, Bergen, Madrid, Dublin, Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris, loads to choose from!

A quick glance at Wikipedia tells me our show tonight comes from this (probably incomplete) list of cities.

Athens
Dublin
Lisbon
Stockholm
Helsinki
Istanbul
Tallinn
Riga

I hope it's a 1970s one :disco:
I'd be surprised if he ever does 70s tbh, I think he'd lose a lot of interest from the 'casual' fans (well as casual as you can be if you spend four hours each saturday night reliving an old contest)

I am quite enjoying uncovering some HIDDEN GEMS from the 70s-80s contests. I’ve had FRAMLING on repeat ALL WEEK.

I am quite enjoying uncovering some HIDDEN GEMS from the 70s-80s contests. I’ve had FRAMLING on repeat ALL WEEK.
I don't know why in all my years of Eurovision fandom I'd never acknowledged Framling as the lost ABBA gem I never knew I needed. I know she deserves to die, but Carola is a Eurovision ICON.

In definitely looking forward to 1984 more than whatever the 8pm show is.

Just finishing watching 1979 with Mr L. Better than 1978, but not as good as I'm imagining 1977 to be, based on audio only.

What’s tonight’s backup option?

1984 has one of my favourite Spanish entries of all time. I guess not everyone's cup of tea, but whatever.

Front page updates:

1983 - Hi
1984 - Terminal 3
2016 - Sound of Silence

all added to the Moopy winners list

Wed 20th May pencilled in for @Alla-vision: The Sequel

Can we please all discuss now whether we actually want the 2005 Making Your Mind Up as the post-1993 watch? I recall some grumbles about UK national finals.

I definitely like a UK national final, mainly because I can't face a double-bill of Eurovisions when they're so long. I may not be the target audience though as I need my sleep these days :tongueout:

I definitely like a UK national final, mainly because I can't face a double-bill of Eurovisions when they're so long. I may not be the target audience though as I need my sleep these days :tongueout:
Yeah, this. Even on Saturday I found I was starting to tire after two full-length shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom