A rewatch TIMETABLE

1973 is a good historical one to do. (Usual clown caveats apply).

1973 is a good historical one to do. (Usual clown caveats apply).
I very much want to do 1973. But the only video I found of it isn't complete - it said in the comments one entry was omitted on copyright grounds.

@Suomi, please add ESC1977 to the ideas list. After listening to it, I'm now GAGGING to see it, and I think moopy will DIG it as well.

I mean, Silver Convention AND Angela Rippon. It's no wonder Eurovision tempts all those straight men to its rocky shores.

I've had 1971 audio on this afternoon. I don't think we need to prioritise it...

@Suomi, please add ESC1977 to the ideas list. After listening to it, I'm now GAGGING to see it, and I think moopy will DIG it as well.

I mean, Silver Convention AND Angela Rippon. It's no wonder Eurovision tempts all those straight men to its rocky shores.
I can confirm that 1977 is a hell of a watch.

Is 1977 the one where you have to wait for the lift before each performance?

Reactions: Zu
Just thinking out loud re: 29/04 - @Alla would you rather your event be at 8pm and then we watch 2008 after? Just thinking that if you’ve put a lot of effort in you might want the part of the evening that has the larger crowd.

Great, I'll swap them around. Be good to mix up the routine a bit as well.

Is everyone happy for Eurovision 2008 to follow at 10pm? I appreciate it might be a late start, in which case we can source something else.

Before anyone complains: this is not you're typical 21st Century MF shitshow, includes sultry gems from the 80s and 90s too that any euroqueen would appreciate, and unless you're a REAL expert you're not going to know them all.

I think giving Alla the prime slot makes sense. How long is ESC 2008? If it's a late one it may be better shoving in an earlier (shorter) contest, or another ASFE or something less people are generally interested in.

10pm is quite a late start, considering we normally get a fair few people leaving before the votes.

I'm happy with Alla taking the main stage but I agree that 2008 should be saved for a normal 8pm slot.

Do people know/appreciate what Allafestivalen actually is?! I can guess from the title but I don't actually really know.

It's fine for me, but I'm not sure. Some people would prefer we don't do ESC late night midweek.

I'm wondering if we ought to do A Song For Eurotrash or Eurovision's Greatest Hits or something instead.

If this is going to be a problem I'm more than happy with the late show. It would be a shame because most euroqueens would enjoy it, but I'm not here to please the masses, a couple of moopsters enjoying it is enough for me.

Okay, let's save 2008 for prime-time, and do:

8pm Alla-festivalen
10pm A Song For Eurotrash (55 minutes long)

Do people know/appreciate what Allafestivalen actually is?! I can guess from the title but I don't actually really know.
It's a 2 hours Melodifestivalen extravaganza show, featuring a top 20/25 ranking of songs that failed to make the final in 2004-2010, forgotten gems from the 80s/90s/00s, some outstanding interval act and more. Everything is up to 2010, because I thought it makes no sense to bring recent stuff everybody knows. Some images are not on youtube, and I'm certain at least one of the videos in the ranking is not even complete on youtube (maybe more, I didn't check).

Sorry, what's AllaFestivalen?

Each week, 3 of us are chosen randomly to dress up as a woodland animal and sing an entry from a National Final directly to camera. With every Like received, a piece of clothing must come off until the first poster to be fully naked wins.

Kalabaliken has so far won four weeks in a row.

Sorry I didn't give more details before because it was going to be a late late show, where you can run any shit without previous notice.

Each week, 3 of us are chosen randomly to dress up as a woodland animal and sing an entry from a National Final directly to camera. With every Like received, a piece of clothing must come off until the first poster to be fully naked wins.

Kalabaliken has so far won four weeks in a row.

:D Whereas @ButterTart, somewhat inevitably, has been stubbornly keeping his bra on :(

I instantly withdraw my support for Allafestivalen.

Before anyone complains: this is not you're typical 21st Century MF shitshow, includes sultry gems from the 80s and 90s too that any euroqueen would appreciate, and unless you're a REAL expert you're not going to know them all.

It better include something from 2001. And you KNOW which one I mean (or maybe two)

It better include something from 2001. And you KNOW which one I mean (or maybe two)
I'm not going for the most obvious ones (and I don't have everything), no winning songs, no finalists from 2004-10. There are some classics, but I'll try to introduce forgotten sultry gems to Moopy. Not to you, I assume you know every single song released in Sweden ever, of course.

I'm not going for the most obvious ones (and I don't have everything), no winning songs, no finalists from 2004-10. There are some classics, but I'll try to introduce forgotten sultry gems to Moopy. Not to you, I assume you know every single song released in Sweden ever, of course.

SJÄLVKLART :sweden:

Conratulations: 50 Years of ths Eurovision Song Contest is also on youtube and I think a worthy addition to the ideas pool

Is 1977 the one where you have to wait for the lift before each performance?

That was 1978 which I watched last night. None of the clips I found were particularly good quality, and I'd also say it's a much weaker year than 1977 generally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom