A Second to Midnight (from Disco: Guest List Edition)

Rate it, lovers

• Total voters
I’d entirely forgotten she’d worked with Nile.

AS DID EVERYONE ELSE :D

BREAKING: TV and radio coming to Australia in 2045. Pavements and roads also rumoured :disco:
3caa70b7b01f808eeeed6fb452862b95.jpg

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
My feelings about the arse-grating moaning and groaning in this thread are exactly the same as those about the equivalent in the Steps lounge. Our resident sour cows should all be grateful that she’s (and they’re) still gracing us with her (and their) presence in 2021 :oi:

This thread has made me throw the original Disco album on for the first time in a few months, which I guess is KINDA THE POINT.

It still surprises me how little is actually disco :D

she's reissuing an album called DISCO and she's collab'd with the woman who made the best disco album of the current revival, a fellow (current) gay icon who also has a high media profile thanks to her podcast - why would Kylie not work with Jessie Ware?

and which A-listers should she be featuring on a deluxe reissue of an 18 month old record? I heard Gaga and Billie DIDN'T TAKE HER CALLS.

Imagine Kylie and Billie Eilish even meeting, let alone recording a song together. Their energies could not be more different

I can absolutely imagine Gaga being up for it- albeit perhaps not right now, with the rest of the stuff she’s got going on.

I think there’s also an underestimation here of the pulling power of someone as legendary and well liked as Kylie.

Jessie is absolutely right, though.

I'd have loved a Kylie and Miley hook up but despite the fact that they follow each other on social media, I think it's unlikely. The same with Rina Sawayama too.

The closest thing to a current major star that she should record a song with would be Dua Lipa. They’ve worked together before, and they probably have somewhat of an overlap of fan bases.

Is she anything to do with the latest Elton John duets project? She seems like she’d fit THE BILL.

Is she anything to do with the latest Elton John duets project? She seems like she’d fit THE BILL.

I hope the fuck not. They recently started following each other too (well after both working on Studio 2054).

I didn't really take issue with Kylie's home recorded vocals on the original album but everything she has recorded since (Marry The Night, Starstruck, this) has slightly irksome vocal production. She must be using the Calrec Soundfield microphone in Australia.

This is a bloody BOP from the bits I have heard and seen so far, was expecting far worse when I read the posts :disco:

the production on this is fabulous. Biff did a great job, much better than the majority of Disco.

And even though Ms @Jark seems determined to talk down Queen K, Say Something is better than anything Jessie Ware has ever recorded (and I say that as a Devotion / WYP stan).

Am I the only one who thinks that Olly in the WDIHTD wig looks a lot like Dua Lipa? :D :disco: There's a shot in particular (in the second chorus), combined with the awkward dancing that I swear could actually be her. :o

Yeah I've settled on a very solid 8.5.

And yeah it's throwaway but likely relistenable.

Also I have no problem with Olly Alexander. He's done some major bops. Good for him living the gay dream.

The video has helped heaps for me. I'd settle on an 8. Think it deserves a fade out instead of an abrupt end though.

If I were Cutting Crew though, I'd sue!

Also I have no problem with Olly Alexander. He's done some major bops. Good for him living the gay dream.
:disco: People are only being spiteful because he’s lithe, young and lovely and THEY’RE NOT :)

I'm at 7 or 7.5. And still think the production sounds cheap

I just heard this, it's great! It would definitely have been in the upper echelons of my DISCO RANK if it had been on the original edition.

Reactions: Zu
I'm still most excited about getting the Infinite Disco Say Something on audio. Even if it means messing up my play counts, as I doubt I'll listen to the other version any more after.

I'm secretly hoping the extended mix of Say Something includes a full blown choir and adlibs but I know this is wishful thinking. :(

The double chorus and ad libs will be enough for me.

Those poor dancers. Imagine getting the gig to be in a post Say Something Kylie video (an era akin to a shooting star - Karen Parry to confirm) and then being handed an Alex Ollyander mask. I'd be running for that hill alright.

The song is probably a grower. Very I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight.

The Kylie images in that video are spoiling people with taste rotten. Strewth, Kylie, strewth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom