A Song For Moopy 2020 - CLOSED - RESULTS SUNDAY 7PM

At his funeral, organiser and host Ag turns up and requests to make a speech. Although initially touched by the gesture, things soon turn sour as Ag announces that he is only there to say that Suomi came dead last (no pun intended) with minus 58 points.

OK here's my scoring notes. Some of you have serious mental issues.

1) Liz - Last Call - Reminds me of the generic shit pop on constant rotation in my Turkish barbers, even the amen break doesn't make me like it
2) Marcus & Martinus - Make You Believe In Love - Reminds me of the generic shit pop on constant rotation in my Turkish barbers. 3:32 too long
3) LEON - Falling - This is a bit more palatable but sounds like a lot of other music that's already been done recently by better artists.
4) Claire Laffut - Nudes - Much more like it, I like this one, in comparison to previous entries.
5) Beast In Black - Sweet True Lies - Sorry but no. Like something from a not very funny attempt at an 80s parody.
6) Cosmia - Close To You (Moonlight) - Not a bad song, vocals could have been a bit more powerful, sounds like an album filler track between the bigger songs. I could listen to this artist though.
7) Stockholm Noir - Boy Like A Girl - 80s Ibiza sunset vibes on the intro, the rising kick and acid bassline pleased me. Well produced but not mind blowing.
8) Scandal'us - History - Sounds like a reject from the late 90s pop bin. Get the cassette single from Woolworths for 15p kind of shit.
9) Macy Rodman - She Will Be A Relic One Day - Nude chick on the artwork was a good start. Electroclash vibes are strong but didn't really go anywhere.
10) Natasa Bofilliou - Oi Meres Tou Fotos - I liked this and can't place why, but its a pleasant listen. Sounds like the backdrop to a warm up festival act in the sun with warm beer going flat in a paper cup. 6/10 would ignore while trying to do ket secretly against the wind.
11) Kosheen - Waste - I liked the broken beat sound of Kosheen back in the day, the overdrive sounds gnarly and compliments the vocals. Nice throwback to an exciting time for this kind of music. Good track.
12) Gareth Emery - U - Fucking garbage. If you genuinely enjoy listening to this bland landfill EDM then you're a wanker.
13) Yasmine Hamdan - Nediya - Had higher hopes for this and think this artist has much stronger tracks than this. Poor choice.
14) Deep Dish - Say Hello - First track I've heard before, its a beautiful sunshine tune, reminds me of happy times in Ibiza and made me a bit sad and nostalgic. 8 tears out of 10
15) Twinnie - Type Of Girl - Probably brilliant if you're a basic teenage girl. I'm not. What a disappointing song to mark halfway.
16) S.O.A.P - Live Forever - Liked this more than I should for a poppy song, the 90s vibe was strong, reminded me a bit of Pure Shores sonically.
17) Greyson Chance - seasons nineteen - Another solo male vocalist using THAT singing style. Bore the fuck off.
18) Paradiso - Bailando - Solid. Gold. Banger. I'd imagine this was the soundtrack to getting fingered at the fair for many Spanish girls in the 90s.
19) Style Of Eye - Kids - More god awful EDM. Ergh. If there were negative points in this I'd give them here.
20) Bassekou Kouyate - Musow Fanga - I've been going through a bit of an African music phase over the past couple of years working it into a couple of festival playlists under the Nom de Guerre of my dead dog. This has just been added to the 2020 list.
21) Jeniffer Paige - To the Madness - The camel caps on the title pissed me off before this started. This isn't the music for me. It sounds beige.
22) Cherona - Rigga-Ding-Dong-Song - I've not really read through much of this thread but I see this has already been commented on extensively. What can I add?
23) Gus Dapperton & BENNE - Supalonely - Glad to hear something genuinely different to the vast majority of the garbage on here. I like this sound, its poppy but interesting. Will likely score with me unless the next 7 tracks are bangers.
24) Francesca Michielin CHEYENNE - Is this a middle of the road Eurovision song? It sounds like one.
25) Kelly Oliver - Jericho - I can't help but feel I'm being sucked into a Christian group of some sort listening to this, but at least its not bangers by numbers.
26) ionnalee - SAMARITAN - Putting the capitalisation issues aside this starts with some intrigue. Essence of movie score, poppy vocals, but at least some originality. Decent.
27) Tessa Violet - I Like (the idea of) You - I like this, I like the bio/backstory on Spotify too. An artist I'd listen to more, Ms Ron would rate. Possible contender for the 12.
28) Soraya - Twilight. No.
29) Barbara - Ma plus belle histoire d'amour - Oui!
30) J SOUL BROTHERS III - R Y U S E I - Felt like I'd just emerged from a dirty toilet in Benidorm after snorting some low grade cocaine. Honestly can't understand how someone can put this on and think YES, this bangs. Get help.

LATE ENTRY BY TELEX

Dana International - Fata Morgana - You know what, on its merit, this isn't bad, there's some old-school 90's dance vibes here, I'd take this over some of the modern SHIT from the other entries. I mean the singing is painfully out of tune in parts, but when did that stop anyone.

Last edited:
OK here's my scoring notes. Some of you have serious mental issues.

1) Liz - Last Call - Reminds me of the generic shit pop on constant rotation in my Turkish barbers, even the amen break doesn't make me like it
2) Marcus & Martinus - Make You Believe In Love - Reminds me of the generic shit pop on constant rotation in my Turkish barbers. 3:32 too long
3) LEON - Falling - This is a bit more palatable but sounds like a lot of other music that's already been done recently by better artists.
4) Claire Laffut - Nudes - Much more like it, I like this one, in comparison to previous entries.
5) Beast In Black - Sweet True Lies - Sorry but no. Like something from a not very funny attempt at an 80s parody.
6) Cosmia - Close To You (Moonlight) - Not a bad song, vocals could have been a bit more powerful, sounds like an album filler track between the bigger songs. I could listen to this artist though.
7) Stockholm Noir - Boy Like A Girl - 80s Ibiza sunset vibes on the intro, the rising kick and acid bassline pleased me. Well produced but not mind blowing.
8) Scandal'us - History - Sounds like a reject from the late 90s pop bin. Get the cassette single from Woolworths for 15p kind of shit.
9) Macy Rodman - She Will Be A Relic One Day - Nude chick on the artwork was a good start. Electroclash vibes are strong but didn't really go anywhere.
10) Natasa Bofilliou - Oi Meres Tou Fotos - I liked this and can't place why, but its a pleasant listen. Sounds like the backdrop to a warm up festival act in the sun with warm beer going flat in a paper cup. 6/10 would ignore while trying to do ket secretly against the wind.
11) Kosheen - Waste - I liked the broken beat sound of Kosheen back in the day, the overdrive sounds gnarly and compliments the vocals. Nice throwback to an exciting time for this kind of music. Good track.
12) Gareth Emery - U - Fucking garbage. If you genuinely enjoy listening to this bland landfill EDM then you're a wanker.
13) Yasmine Hamdan - Nediya - Had higher hopes for this and think this artist has much stronger tracks than this. Poor choice.
14) Deep Dish - Say Hello - First track I've heard before, its a beautiful sunshine tune, reminds me of happy times in Ibiza and made me a bit sad and nostalgic. 8 tears out of 10
15) Twinnie - Type Of Girl - Probably brilliant if you're a basic teenage girl. I'm not. What a disappointing song to mark halfway.
16) S.O.A.P - Live Forever - Liked this more than I should for a poppy song, the 90s vibe was strong, reminded me a bit of Pure Shores sonically.
17) Greyson Chance - seasons nineteen - Another solo male vocalist using THAT singing style. Bore the fuck off.
18) Paradiso - Bailando - Solid. Gold. Banger. I'd imagine this was the soundtrack to getting fingered at the fair for many Spanish girls in the 90s.
19) Style Of Eye - Kids - More god awful EDM. Ergh. If there were negative points in this I'd give them here.
20) Bassekou Kouyate - Musow Fanga - I've been going through a bit of an African music phase over the past couple of years working it into a couple of festival playlists under the Nom de Guerre of my dead dog. This has just been added to the 2020 list.
21) Jeniffer Paige - To the Madness - The camel caps on the title pissed me off before this started. This isn't the music for me. It sounds beige.
22) Cherona - Rigga-Ding-Dong-Song - I've not really read through much of this thread but I see this has already been commented on extensively. What can I add?
23) Gus Dapperton & BENNE - Supalonely - Glad to hear something genuinely different to the vast majority of the garbage on here. I like this sound, its poppy but interesting. Will likely score with me unless the next 7 tracks are bangers.
24) Francesca Michielin CHEYENNE - Is this a middle of the road Eurovision song? It sounds like one.
25) Kelly Oliver - Jericho - I can't help but feel I'm being sucked into a Christian group of some sort listening to this, but at least its not bangers by numbers.
26) ionnalee - SAMARITAN - Putting the capitalisation issues aside this starts with some intrigue. Essence of movie score, poppy vocals, but at least some originality. Decent.
27) Tessa Violet - I Like (the idea of) You - I like this, I like the bio/backstory on Spotify too. An artist I'd listen to more, Ms Ron would rate. Possible contender for the 12.
28) Soraya - Twilight. No.
29) Barbara - Ma plus belle histoire d'amour - Oui!
30) J SOUL BROTHERS III - R Y U S E I - Felt like I'd just emerged from a dirty toilet in Benidorm after snorting some low grade cocaine. Honestly can't understand how someone can put this on and think YES, this bangs. Get help.
GOOD EFFORT.

I await your marks :disco:

I’ve still got Bailando stuck in my head and don’t know whether I like it/hate it more :D

Now I’ve bothered my lazy arse to listen to them, I would say there are THREE clear standouts, not least British Indian Ocean Territory (:disco:!) (but don’t expect comments on each because I’ll be far too busy eating crisps and drinking vodka)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind luv, we can all look forward to rigid language rules and hateful misunderstandings (:D:D:D) next time :disco:
I'm actually quite looking forward to punishingly strict rules. I'm unfamiliar with the the lesbian synthwave scene in Namibia, so being forced to make its acquaintance will be an exciting step into the unknown.

I don't have my spreadsheet open, but I think we've had seven sets of votes now. Expecting more this evening

Apparently some participants have received anonymous death threats asking them to not vote for Bailando. It’s just awful that someone would do this.

Some EVIL BEAST just sent me a PM saying that they would UNFOLLOW ME if I voted for Bailando! :shock:

How can anyone be so SICK AND WICKED!

Do you realise that you can just vote for the songs and forget about the countries? It's just to present the results and stuff.

Really keen to hear what others think of Jericho! :disco:

Also when does the next competition start? I must get researching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom