A Song For Moopy - Iguana edition - VOTING CLOSED

NOT that I don't fully stand behind my entry - whatever it may be - but as soon as the first listen party started I immediately thought of another song that I feel would go down really rather well :wired:

When's the next one

Mine got a mixed response but overall I'm pleased. And yes I'm fully expecting to like some of them more on further listening!

Anyway, I've VOTED! There was an even split of vote between round 1 and 2, however round 1 featured more heavily in the TOP TIER.

What did people who were commenting on each song do for their own entry? :D

I simply don't have the time to let things bed in so I made snap judgements on a few seconds of each song and made a playlist of the ones I instantly liked. Those LUCKY 19 will get repeat plays while I figure out my points.

It's not good news for Dutch East Indies

I simply don't have the time to let things bed in so I made snap judgements on a few seconds of each song and made a playlist of the ones I instantly liked. Those LUCKY 19 will get repeat plays while I figure out my points.

It's not good news for Dutch East Indies

Such a So Busy Sue!

Reactions: dUb
Well I do devote an awful lot of time to looking for things to get offended about

I was just SURPRISED!

But yeah if you presume the results based on the comments, then you assume everything RS hates coming dead last and the novelty entries winning.

It’s funny how I always get the blame for hating everything when I’ve been far more into a lot of these songs in the second half of both nights while others are negative throughout the whole thing.

Anyone who entered a mid-tempo with a female vocal can be fairly confident of points from the sole Irish jury

Have we had a "loosen up my hole" joke about Saint Helena yet

As always I went with my GUT. I wasn’t going to vote so early but once I’d got my short list I started tentatively ordering it then couldn’t stop myself!

Some of these songs are sounding much better without the videos, others less so (Turbo killer I’m looking at you :()

Oh I haven't done videos at all! I'm just a purist and value songcraft over all else, hence my submission

My top 2 from yesterday have DROPPED quite a bit following a second listen.

The video effect really IS A THING.

I was just SURPRISED!

But yeah if you presume the results based on the comments, then you assume everything RS hates coming dead last and the novelty entries winning.
My comments tend to mostly be performative and I’ve ended up giving points in previous rounds to a song I’ve slagged off for cheap likes. The one I thought was you was met with universal acclaim, so I may not have you as sussed out as I thought.

I must say that, now the songs are all over, the response to my song was very disappointing. I honestly think it's an absolute treat that reveals itself on repeated listens, but is also very instant. I also somewhat suspect the position of my song led to... well at best indifference.

Honestly I'm sending WHITE NOISE next time.

welcome to my last 4 months

I have one definite top, a strong upper tier and then a big drop.

I was panicking a bit about my entry because I thought some people would rank it quite highly but others would put it dead last because it isn't a remix. But then I realised we don't have to rank all 400 entries.

God it’s so DIFFICULT with these girls. Send a good video and then it turns out it’s TOO GOOD.

God it’s so DIFFICULT with these girls. Send a good video and then it turns out it’s TOO GOOD.
I only watch little bits of the videos generally (unless they’re hypnotic like Ukraine in the foreign language round). I don’t want to be swayed towards a dull song by fancy presentation, that’s how you end up with Mans winning Eurovision

OT but @Iguana you were Ukraine last time, yes? They performed it with some of the contestants on the Voice Kids and it’s so good I’ve watched it far more times than a 37 year old should ever view a video featuring dancing children.

The song and video from my entry should be consumed together as an everlasting piece of art. A STATEMENT if you will. :disco:

It’s a risky strategy, but it’s my strategy.

I won’t vote until the last possible moment - lots of songs need time to digest and be appreciated, especially with so many entries

I'm listening to my to 20 again and there's so GREAT STUFF. Almost all of them are keepers. I was ready to vote, but I don't think I am yet.

Do you want this done FAST or do you want this done RIGHT?

:tisch:

I'm just about ready to lock in :D It's been a fun 90 mins

Me to all novelty entries and most songs featuring male vox

tumblr_pup61dYr211r1n4cvo1_400.gifv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom