Adele - 30

I believe ABBA will have the year's biggest selling album in UK/EU regardless of what happens now with Adele.

but let's see. I wonder if she's gone WARM DISCO. and follow-up question: WHY NOT?

Her work irritates me enough without the prospect of her FUCKING WITH ABBA :oi:

I bet she'll peddle the same shit all over again and sell BILLIONS (along with millions of streams).

I'm waiting for funky's essay similar to his take on Dido stating how Adele was cooler before she lost all that weight and wasn't married.

Last edited:
  • BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Zu
I believe ABBA will have the year's biggest selling album in UK/EU regardless of what happens now with Adele.

but let's see. I wonder if she's gone WARM DISCO. and follow-up question: WHY NOT?

In 2 months? That’s very optimistic. Did the singles chart that high (I don’t keep track these days)

All this HATRED for our QUEEN!

(I'm saying all this like I've actually listened to any of her songs in years. I think I only listened to the third album once.)

All this HATRED for our QUEEN!

(I'm saying all this like I've actually listened to any of her songs in years. I think I only listened to the third album once.)
:D You're a DISGRACE!

I'm not even a big fan!

I'm more interested in her campaigns than her music. Her (team's) ability to sell a gazillion records every time is quite fascinating.

As previously stated, I have nothing against HER and would always offer her a free Wagon Wheel. I do however object to the NEEDY VICTIM songs

oh I'd love an Adele/ABBA album battle. The artists would be all "oh I hope they win I love them so much" but the media would treat it like a feeding frenzy. It would do great numbers.
Part of me would

But the absolute worse case scenario would be Sheeran holding both of them off in his second week

My God, Abba releasing their first studio album in 40 years and it possibly only getting to #3

Mr L would quite possibly die

My God, Abba releasing their first studio album in 40 years and it possibly only getting to #3

Mr L would quite possibly die

:D (But I also know you're not joking)

We'd need to set up some sort of support line for sure

Sheeran's first week sales won't match Adele or ABBA, much less his second week. didn't his collabs album open with less than 100k? he's a throwaway streaming hits artiste now.

On the other hand, with sales being in the toilet where 'selling' 5k can get you a top 3 album, imagine a three way chart battle where they all sail way into six figures again. It would be quite something.

I think we should bear in mind - before premature upsets occur, like chez Zu 2 - that ABBA have released Voyage on about 700 formats :disco:

Sheeran's first week sales won't match Adele or ABBA, much less his second week. didn't his collabs album open with less than 100k? he's a throwaway streaming hits artiste now.
A throwaway streaming artist?? He’s one of the biggest artists in the world and he’s been number one for 15 weeks :D

I think we should bear in mind - before premature upsets occur, like chez Zu 2 - that ABBA have released Voyage on about 700 formats :disco:
Seriously, I've already got them over 20 sales.

• Love
A throwaway streaming artist?? He’s one of the biggest artists in the world and he’s been number one for 15 weeks :D
yes, but he's no longer selling the big ballads or "authentic" moments that shift albums to the mums darling. he's traded it in for Weeknd-aping electropop for the teens. I'm not saying he's not huge, but his album selling cachet will not be a match for ABBA or Adele.

it's quite funny how much you're all underestimating ABBA's first album in 40 years vs Ed's fourth in a decade. I think they (and Adele) will move at least 200k first week in the UK, maybe a lot more.

Fully expecting The Beatles to release the long awaited sequel to "1", creatively entitled "2", pushing ABBA into 4th place.
:D Oh I can't wait for a BEATLES revival. Always loved them and I NEVER drunkenly proclaimed to disinterested strangers that Stock Aitken Waterman were better WHICH THEY WERE. Also maybe there'll be a new ROLLING STONES ALBAM on 5 November :disco:

But actually, Believe the album wasn't THAT big, was it?

I'm expecting a bit of Beatles revival when the docu series lands on Prime (#comingsoon) which does, to be fair, look amazing. Though I'd rather a revival along the lines of the Gen Zs picking up some interest in them and bagging the original albums, than a parade of new unnecessary compilations (the new remastered albums aside, which appear to be exactly that)

Given the fact that they are still the best selling band and industry boffins' most celebrated and acclaimed act by a significant margin, they're not exactly the chart's biggest legacy act. I'd put Queen, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac and ABBA as today's BIG FOUR

yes, but he's no longer selling the big ballads or "authentic" moments that shift albums to the mums darling. he's traded it in for Weeknd-aping electropop for the teens. I'm not saying he's not huge, but his album selling cachet will not be a match for ABBA or Adele.

it's quite funny how much you're all underestimating ABBA's first album in 40 years vs Ed's fourth in a decade. I think they (and Adele) will move at least 200k first week in the UK, maybe a lot more.
Well I like his new stuff better than his old, but maybe that’s just me.

Anyway I don’t know how big abba is going to be (but this thread makes me think massive) I just don’t think we should underestimate Sheeran. I bet he a big ballad ready for Christmas/weddings/funerals

But actually, Believe the album wasn't THAT big, was it?

nah I was talking about THAT singles chart when Believe came out of nowhere and beat George, U2, Alanis and Culture Club singles to the top spot.

Well I like his new stuff better than his old, but maybe that’s just me.

Anyway I don’t know how big abba is going to be (but this thread makes me think massive) I just don’t think we should underestimate Sheeran. I bet he a big ballad ready for Christmas/weddings/funerals

Listen I know you're American but this is moopy, and one of the commandments is that you must hate Ed Sheeran. It's in the manual somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom