Adele - 30

Well I like his new stuff better than his old, but maybe that’s just me.

Anyway I don’t know how big abba is going to be (but this thread makes me think massive) I just don’t think we should underestimate Sheeran. I bet he a big ballad ready for Christmas/weddings/funerals
Abba will comfortably outsell him on physicals in week 2. And I'd guess his week 1. Their streaming will be a tiny fraction of his though.

Reactions: RJN
Listen I know you're American but this is moopy, and one of the commandments is that you must hate Ed Sheeran. It's in the manual somewhere.
But what’s so bad about him? His ballads are mostly boring and Shape of You is a bit disgusting lyrically, but he seems perfectly nice and the new singles are genuinely good (in my opinion of course)

• Love
Reactions: Zu
But what’s so bad about him? His ballads are mostly boring and Shape of You is a bit disgusting lyrically, but he seems perfectly nice and the new singles are genuinely good (in my opinion of course)

Stop being logical! The only sensible answer when it comes to Ed Sheeran is one of IRRATIONAL HATE

It's great because we don't even have to EXPLAIN why he's a tit.

• Haha
I personally don't mind him and if my in-longe popularity plummets as a result, SO BE IT :)

• Love
Also I would quite like to TOUCH HIM and I'm not ashamed :)
pillsbury-doughboy-poke.gif

DOES he seem perfectly nice? DOES HE?

- some of his lyrics (besides being awful in general) paint women in a terrible light (see The A Team)
- for the last 5 years he's constantly and shamelessly ripped off whatever sound or aesthetic was big a year or two prior - see the garbage duets album with that "Latin" song ft Cardi B, or his wholesale rip of the Weeknd's look for that recent awful #1 before Shivers
- he's utterly creative bankrupt, has called his albums + x ÷ and =, and got big by being a BUSKER on YouTube writing maudlin acoustic guitar ballads before suddenly trading it in for electro Spotify pop written with Steve Mac
- he's absolutely saturated pop culture to the point of nausiousness and even had a cameo as A GUITAR PLAYER IN THE WOODS on Game of Thrones (for fuck's sake! I should've known right there and then GoT would end catastrophically!)

A couple of bonus points for the occasional mindless bop like Shivers or writing Your Song for Rita Ora but really, WHAT FURTHER RECEIPTS DO YOU NEED??!

There are far worse tits in the world. Geru Hallwell for one. Terrible waste of space. HATE HER INSTEAD!

- some of his lyrics (besides being awful in general) paint women in a terrible light (see The A Team)
- for the last 5 years he's constantly and shamelessly ripped off whatever sound or aesthetic was big a year or two prior - see the garbage duets album with that "Latin" song ft Cardi B, or his wholesale rip of the Weeknd's look for that recent awful #1 before Shivers
- he's utterly creative bankrupt, has called his albums + x ÷ and =, and got big by being a BUSKER on YouTube writing maudlin acoustic guitar ballads before suddenly trading it in for electro Spotify pop written with Steve Mac
- he's absolutely saturated pop culture to the point of nausiousness and even had a cameo as A GUITAR PLAYER IN THE WOODS on Game of Thrones (for fuck's sake! I should've known right there and then GoT would end catastrophically!)

A couple of bonus points for the occasional mindless bop like Shivers or writing Your Song for Rita Ora but really, WHAT FURTHER RECEIPTS DO YOU NEED??!
Well yes but all that aside :tongueout:

I don't particularly like A Team, but he did raise a shitload of money for Bristol charity One25 who do amazing work with sex workers.

Ok I get the lyrics thing (although I don’t the the A Team is that offensive at all?) but him being a trend chaser or omnipresent doesn’t stop him from being perfectly nice

I’m not even an Ed Sheeran fan! I just don’t think he deserves the hate he gets

Anyway I don’t think either of us are going to change our mind on this, so I’m going to go listen to some of my other faves instead (Lulu and Jessie J)

Anyway I don’t think either of us are going to change our mind on this, so I’m going to go listen to some of my other faves instead (Lulu and Jessie J)
:D:D:D

Well they're both VERY GOOD!

to get this topic back to Adele though, here's an impromptu TOP 8

01 Set Fire to the Rain
02 Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
03 Sweetest Devotion
04 Water Under the Bridge
05 Hometown Glory
06 Skyfall
07 Rolling in the Deep
08 Someone Like You

some tunes there but overall I think/hope her best is yet to come.

As previously stated, I have nothing against HER and would always offer her a free Wagon Wheel. I do however object to the NEEDY VICTIM songs
Your posts definitely suggest otherwise. You sound like you're frothing at the mouth at the mere mention of her name. U ok hun?

Actually I do like Set Fire To The Rain but that's D MINOR for you :disco:

Well that pretty much covers it yes :D

Oh and also the fact that he always looks an absolute state and people seem to love him for it because “he’s just being himself”, when you know full well he was dressed purposely head to toe by a marketing team who spent three months defining his personal brand of penniless-musician-chic.

It takes a special kind of cunt to pull that off.

The best thing about Ed Sheeran is the scar on his face. If only Beatrice had swung that sword a little harder,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom