Adverts that are annoying you at the moment?

Mutton champion Carol Vorderman (semen splash), 52, in her ISME advert makes my skin crawl every time I see it. The "great pair of legs" voice over in particular. Vile woman.

I was just going to COMPLAIN about that myself

DREADFUL OLD WITCH

The guy at the end meant to be her early-40s toy boy bit of rough seduced by her "little new ADDITION" (covers mouth to indicate it was a knowing joke) just looks like he fixed her sink or radiators and wants paid. Why wear next to nothing when you can pay it too, etc.

Oil never forget when Carol did adverts for FARMFOODS. :basil:

The only other person I know who has fronted those ads is Ricky Tomlinson. Says it all.

She really is an advert WHORE.

I lost a lot of respect for CHILDHOOD HERO Carol Vorderman when she was doing ads for rip-off merchants :( She's a SELLOUT.

ON TOP OF THAT she's now got some kind of VITAMIN SCAM going on, the RADDLED OLD WHORE

It's OBVIOUS her SURGERY is WEARING OFF and she's trying to RAISE FUNDS for another LIFT

The REPULSIVE old BAGGAGE

Me: I can't believe in the whole of the GOOGLE-INDEXED INTERNET no one has ever used the term REPULSIVE OLD BAGGAGE before. You can probably tell who I'm talking about
Mr W: Perhaps no one else hates Carol Vorderman as much as YOU
Me: [à la Kenneth Williams]: They DO! They've just not got my VOCABULARY!

Last edited:
Me: I can't believe in the whole of the GOOGLE-INDEXED INTERNET no one has ever used the term REPULSIVE OLD BAGGAGE before. You can probably tell who I'm talking about
Mr W: Perhaps no one else hates Carol Vorderman as much as YOU
Me: [à la Kenneth Williams]: They DO! They've just not got my VOCABULARY!
:D :D :D

Christmas Eve on Bouncers! Channel 4 have been holding onto this for a while!

Which gives me hope that we're in a 10 episode series of Phone Sex Secrets in 2014.

Last edited:
Everytime I see the Megabus Gold advert I wonder if it's been made by the next batch of candidates on The Apprentice it's so cheesy and basic.

And does anyone else get mildly homophobic vibes from the face sculpting Jenson Button Santander advert?

Just in case anyone hasn't had the joy of seeing it.

Those ADS are WASTED ON ME because I didn't even realise thay had 'CELEBRITIES' IN

:D

Jensen Button earns his living driving a car round the same piece of road 78 times, usually finishing well behind a German boy called Sebastian.

Ah - it's Karl from Pulling.

"For god sake, let's forget we saw each other naked. Although I do say you have a very beautiful cock."
*silence*
"I'm joking, Karl."
"Oh! Haha! Yeah - haha! You have a very...tasty minge!"
*silence*
"Well, I'm glad we had this talk Karl."

I normally sky+ everything and whizz through all adverts, but have caught the Amazon Assist/ Mayday button ads, and really fucking irritate me for some reason. I thinks it's the gurning face of the advisor. Quite horrid.

Can't stand the John Lewis advert.

I think the XFactor prefix of "HERE IS THAT BIG EVENT ADVERT, YOU KNOW YOU LIKED THAT ONE LAST YEAR RIGHT?" didn't help.

Totally contrived to cock you through the eyeballs until you feel some sort of emotion. That and the TK Maxx reactions one. Fuck off. Stop trying so hard.

I normally sky+ everything and whizz through all adverts, but have caught the Amazon Assist/ Mayday button ads, and really fucking irritate me for some reason. I thinks it's the gurning face of the advisor. Quite horrid.

It's the HEAD WOBBLE after she says "get back to your friends" that does it for me :angry:

WHY oh WHY oh WHY have BOOTS chosen 'Smalltown Boy' as the music for their Xmas ads? It makes you THINK that there's some kind of GAY SUBTEXT to the travails of that YOUNG MAN and his QUEST for CHRISTMAS PRESENTS, which I'm sure cannot be the intention

I do enjoy singing along to it though

AAHHHHHHH-AHHHH-AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
There's a Sainsburys adjacent advert I'm really hating at the moment. It's so bad I've blocked it out my mind and have nothing to say about it.

Not annoying. But the guy in the Iceland advert (with Buble playing) is GORGEOUS.

I keep hearing the Doctor Who fan from Queer as Folk doing voiceovers and he has quite an annoying voice.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zWIiEDWvaBE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not sure what I think of this. I mean it's always nice to see a man take his shirt off and I did sit-up and take notice and I like the message of NOT lending money but it just feels very EIGHTIES? Is it a re-doing of an old advert or something?

Last edited:
How seriously do I take this? Let me get naked to show you. Can't say I'm complaining. He reminds me of the hotter South African swimmer in Muriel's Wedding, who I blame for being attracted to a particular sort looking back really.

Have they dubbed her voice, is she doing this accent on purpose for the UK version of this Paypal ad?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/H5AOD_TzIuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FUCK OFF FUCK OFF FUCK OFF :grr:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xs8JSGckPus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's Peter Fucking Andre not the infant Christ.

I FUCKING HATE THIS ADVERT.

Stupid weird anti-social little girl who won't participate in making the gingerbread house because she thinks she's above it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zWIiEDWvaBE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not sure what I think of this. I mean it's always nice to see a man take his shirt off and I did sit-up and take notice and I like the message of NOT lending money but it just feels very EIGHTIES? Is it a re-doing of an old advert or something?

THIS intrigued me at the time because of the very intense man. I couldn't NOT watch it!

I actually tweeted about it and the Co-operative actually favourited it!

Last edited:
That Nationwide one about that fucking SCARF

AS IF anyone working at the Nationwide has ever even APPROACHED that level of BASIC COMPETENCY

Thank God VORDERMAN has fallen out of favour with the ADMEN. Too BLATANTLY INSINCERE for the MODERN MARKET I'll WAGER

It's usually more rare for me to find an advert that doesn't irritate me.

Not sure if this counts, but the billboard from Sony at the moment that has the "I can hear things you can't" slogan usually results in me placing the middle finger in that direction.

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/whgvpYPNxQk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now this isn't shit because it has Scherzinger in but was she green-screened into the advert? She doesn't look like she's there especially at 6 seconds when her "sister" (or whatever) appears to look right through her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom