Ag It Up! - FRIDAY NIGHT DISCO (TONIGHT 8pm)

The people in this video clearly have the really good pills. All I have are these stupid Holland & Barratt chewable vitamin C tablets.

Crikey. I recognise this tune SO WELL but would never have known the name of it!

to be honest it's never one that pops up in my old school playlists, and yet it's so very familiar. I'm not sure why. Forgotten by mainstream.

And now for some WIND-DOWN! The final three are all modern classics (IMO)

46. Bicep – Glue (2017)

Glue makes me WEEP. First time I heard this, the hairs stood on end and I had a massive wave of nostalgia and warm feelings and melancholy. Even though I'd never fucking heard it before. Then I watched the video and read the comments on YouTube and realised I was NOT alone.

Guys we are so lucky to have lived through the 90s. Our parents can keep Woodstock. I wouldn't change it for the world.

The scenes and comments in the video are painfully real. HOW am I still at University with all the drugs I took?!

Whereas I stuck to the booze and am quite glad I never fucked anyone like the drug-addled freaks in that video :D

I'm sure it is, but I never found the Mike Skinner/Pete Doherty look attractive.

And now time for one from last summer that I fell in love with from the comfort of my own home...

47. Maceo Plex – When the Lights Are Out (2019)

Reactions: SDF
I'm not familiar with this one, but I LOVE Maceo Plex, he is a fantastic producer. I'll just leave this here for when the playlist ends, not a well known tune, but has the most fabulous vocal and build... one of my favourite dance tracks this side of 2000.

Right. Which nightclub are we going to after this?

Oh, that's right, they're all closed.:(
This IS the nightclub. We're ALL OLD and a pandemic has destroyed real-world entertainment. Thankfully we have the internet.

And to finish, I can't think of a better dance track of the last five year. A loving tribute to Stardust and Gladys Knight, heard through a filter

48. DJ Koze – Pick Up (2018)

Honestly the 12 minute disco remix is the fucking best thing I've ever heard.

"Brain already has too much information."

Yes. This is a true thing.

Well thanks for joining in tonight guys, especially sticking through the indulgent Europop middle. Always a bit of a RISK being judged on almost 50 choices of songs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom