AI

Let's face it, it only alarmed staff because it was going to put them out of a job.

I've been trying to shift this 3 pint hangover (wtf) by nerding out on this recent development, its all very rumour based but apparently this model can apply logic to problem solving and so far can do high school maths. If we can train LLMs to apply logic it could quickly replace so many low-level service jobs, so it is a genuine threat to capitalism but I'm all for the end of it.

Can't wait until poems are currency

I wonder when AI will find cures for diseases and offer solutions to, say, poverty and just create a more even distribution of things, and to use natural resources better. And create novels: "Alexia, write me a book in the style of The Comeback" etc.

I just saw an example of an AI app that can you can feed a video to and it gives you back the video in the language you want it to be with corresponding mouth movement.
The example I saw was perfect in translation and accuracy of both actual voice and lip sync.
And it wasn't between of languages of same family ie Spanish to Italian, but Greek to English.
What will the language teachers do in the future? Or the translators? And what it's going to be the point of learning a new language?
Am shooketh but also overwhelmingly curious to see more.

I just saw an example of an AI app that can you can feed a video to and it gives you back the video in the language you want it to be with corresponding mouth movement.
The example I saw was perfect in translation and accuracy of both actual voice and lip sync.
And it wasn't between of languages of same family ie Spanish to Italian, but Greek to English.
What will the language teachers do in the future? Or the translators? And what it's going to be the point of learning a new language?
I think you're talking about dubbing? @dUb to advise

There's a clip of Hitler using that

*enters ‘basic millennial faggot’ prompt*
Alexa: "Here's what I found this on the web for 'basic millennial faggot': "

1000008586.jpg

Last edited:
Spotify have just invited me to try their new AI feature - give it some prompts and it gives you a playlist! This is going to be hours of fun...
It thought it was shite; "Motivational music for lifting weights" produced a playlist more boring than the current Taylor Swift album.

Got Suno making me brand new songs in 5 seconds and Spotify thinks Bang Bang by Jessie J is gym appropriate (it's not)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom