Alanis Morissette - Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie sync listen

I remember the day Joining You's lyrics clicked with me. It was a real :o moment. It's about a guy wanting to kill himself. And Alanis essentially saying "if [all] we were are our xyz's, I'd be joining you!". Extremely powerful while also being an extremely catchy pop song. I love it so much and I'm still discovering stuff in it 20 years later.

How seen were you actually?
How revered were you honestly at the time?

Get intonation on these lines is so unusual. And get voice is so beautiful. The rhythm is really interesting too

I remember the day Joining You's lyrics clicked with me. It was a real :o moment. It's about a guy wanting to kill himself. And Alanis essentially "if [all] we were out xyz's, I'd be joining you!". Extremely powerful while also being an extremely catchy pop song. I love it so much and I'm still discovering stuff in it 20 years later.

Yes! Such a simple but incredibly powerful statement.

Annoys the shit out of me when I read interpretations of it online and people wildly miss the mark :D

10 Front Row
10 Baba
09 Thank U
07 Are You Still Mad
10 Sympathetic Character
08 That I Would Be Good
09 The Couch
09.5 Can't Not
11 I Was Hoping
09 One
09 Would Not Come
08 Unsent
09 So Pure
11 Joining You
08 Heart of the House

10 Front Row
08 Baba
10 Thank U
08 Are You Still Mad
09.5 Sympathetic Character
09 That I Would Be Good
08.5 The Couch
07 Can't Not
09 UR
10 I Was Hoping
09.5 One
08 Would Not Come
10 Unsent
10.5 So Pure
13 Joining You
08 Heart of the House
09.5 Your Congratulations

19 Uninvited
24 No Pressure Over Cappuccino
10 Princes Familiar

God I always wished we'd get the studio version of "No Pressure Over Cappuccino" but it really wouldn't beat this version would it.

Well you may never be or have a husband
You may never have or hold a child
You will learn to lose everything
WE ARE TEMPORARY ARRANGEMENTS

They'll throw opinions like rocks in riots
And they'll stumble around like hypocrites

She also caused years of gay rumours about her brother because of this song and the "You'll never be or have a husband" line. I'm sure he's thrilled. :D

They'll throw opinions like rocks in riots
And they'll stumble around like hypocrites

She also caused years of gay rumours about her brother because of this song and the "You'll never be or have a husband" line. I'm sure he's thrilled. :D

I bought into that MYTH AND LEGEND for SOOOO many years :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom