Albania 2023: Albina & Familja Kelmendi - Duje

Are you PRO or ANTI Duje?

• Total voters

Soldi

Πάμε put your hands up
Pronouns
He/him
Twenty six songs in the running to represent Albania, with Festival i Këngës set to be held at some point in December. They’re not out yet but we do have a list:

• 2 Farm – “Atomike” (Atomic)
  • Alban Kondi & Lorela Karoshi – “Melodi” (Melody)
  • Albina Kelmendi – “Duje” (Prayer)
  • Anduel Kovaçi – “Malli” (Merchandise)
  • Aris Bako – “Sonte dua të jem me ty” (Tonight I want to be with you)
  • Melodajna Mancaku – “Gjysma e zemrës sime” (Half of my heart)
  • Elisa Lila – “Evita”
  • Enxhi Nasufi – “Burrë” (Man)
  • Erma Mici – “Kozmosi i dashurisë” (The cosmos of love)
  • Evi Reçi – “Ma kthe” (Give me back)
  • Fabian Basha – “Një gotë” (A glass)
  • Fifi (Filloreta Raçi) – “Stop”
  • Franc Koruni – “Në pritje” (Pending)
  • Genti Hoxha – “Ajër” (Air)
  • Gjergj Kaçinari – “Dje” (Yesterday)
  • Luna Causholli – “Jetën ta fal” (I forgive life)
  • LYNX – “Nëse ke besim” (If you have faith)
  • Manjola Nallbani – “Dua” (Love)
  • Permit of Stay – “Fobia” (Phobias)
  • Petrit Çarkaxhiu – “Emri yt mirësi” (Your name is good)
  • Rezearta Smaja – “N’Eden” (In Eden)
  • Rovena Dilo – “Motit” (Weather)
  • Sara Kapo – “Para teje” (Before you)
  • Serxhio Hajdini – “Vështirë” (Sergio)
  • Urban Band – “Në çdo hap” (At every step)
  • Vanesa Soni – “Aroma jonë” (Our fragrence)

Sadly no Queen Mirud in this edition (:() The two that pop up to these eyes have taken part recently with some half decent entries:

Enxhi Nasufi

Evi Reçi

Of course after Sekret ended up breaking their qualifying streak, there’s no way I’m getting my hopes up for anything upbeat and fully expecting them to send a ballad :D

Based on only the name, I’m supporting Fifi

:o

I don't actually follow him but I could see Mirud upping his social media presence in the last few weeks so I'm surprised to not see him on the list. Maybe he was SHAFTED. :(

:o

I don't actually follow him but I could see Mirud upping his social media presence in the last few weeks so I'm surprised to not see him on the list. Maybe he was SHAFTED. :(

Maybe there's still time for San Marino.

Rovena Dilo won previously and would’ve been Albania’s entry in 2001 had they taken part then (would’ve been one of my favs too):

Elsa Lila won twice in the 90s then moved to Italy and took part twice in Sanremo, including this fan favourite in 2003:

She was one of the biggest stars in Albania back then but was most recently in the news for being caught up in an Albanian drug ring in Rome :eyes:

They’ve changed the voting system this year. The jury will still choose the winner of the festival, but a public vote will decide who goes to Eurovision.

Slightly more hopeful of getting a tits out banger :D:disco:

You fill my thoughts even when you’re not ‘ere
I close my eyes close my eyes and I feel you’re THEEEEEEEERE :disco:

All this, THAT middle eight AND the steps into the key change. UNMATCHABLE :disco:

First night of this tonight! My three picks from the first thirteen are:

Albina & Familja Kelmendi - Duje

Fifi is supposed to be the favourite, but this Nova deca-meets-Ktheju tökes family affair nonsense went down absolutely MASSIVE in the YouTube live comments and in the hall itself, getting a standing ovation from the audience at the end and demands for an encore which were GRANTED (!), with them doing the chorus again a cappella for the RAPTUROUS CROWDS (honestly, Christer/Sweden would NEVER!). I imagine this is probably the hot favourite at this point, it seemed to stir up something PRIMAL

Fifi - Stop

Fun bop by a woman in the worst wig this side of Jiggly Caliente which is first on views (although it's been up longer and Duje is galloping up behind fast) and which was the favourite going in, but mileage might vary on the chorus. Feels like it has big potential for an old skool Albanian revamp if it gets the crown (although hopefully one a bit more towards the Kejsi Tola end of the revamp spectrum than the Ronela end)

Anduel Kovaçi - Malli

My big favourite of the night - a proper 00s style midtempo Big Balkan Ballad which went down pretty big in the hall (or at least seemed to before Duje), which I sense a fair few others here might enjoy. God knows the contest has been sorely missing this sort of thing ever since Zeljko hung up his tunic and Knez's daughter opted for breast implants over breast beating

Last edited:
At this stage I would say it’s Albina v Fifi from the first half of the songs. I don’t see any of the others having enough support from the televote.

Wouldn't be mad at any of those, but Albini is my favourite.

Fifi's wig is sadly very Tori Amos 2007

1671522869776.png

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
I don't know how long this will last but I'm going to try and listen to them all...

The opener was fun! Dreadful dancer, dreadful camerawork (which happens twice so I actually think was deliberate!), but really quite quintessentially Albanian (amateur Dula Peep with a stonker? Yes please!)

I feel like I'm listening to that Albina song backwards. There's some really nice bits in there but it all seems a bit of a mess at the moment.

I don't know how long this will last but I'm going to try and listen to them all...

The opener was fun! Dreadful dancer, dreadful camerawork (which happens twice so I actually think was deliberate!), but really quite quintessentially Albanian (amateur Dula Peep with a stonker? Yes please!)

Oh this is MUCH better than the other 3! A WORTHY successor to Secret!

@FestiveGiraffe🎄🦒 it's the Albanian LoveGame

This would sound so much better if the voice was more pleasant OR more gritty. The awkward deep halfway house is not it unfortunately because there's something there.

Anduel Kovaçi - Malli

My big favourite of the night - a proper 00s style midtempo Big Balkan Ballad which went down pretty big in the hall (or at least seemed to before Duje), which I sense a fair few others here might enjoy. God knows the contest has been sorely missing this sort of thing ever since Zeljko hung up his tunic and Knez's daughter opted for breast implants over breast beating

This is ALRIGHT. Needs a bit of excitement. It's a bit cold as it stands at the moment. Stick some angel wings and make him pull some facial expressions or something.

Fifi easily the most Eurovision-ready so far. The vox and the look (I like the wig!) are both there and the song is a catchy ditty. Don't quite think it's competitive enough, but easily revampable.

Fifi is supposed to be the favourite, but this Nova deca-meets-Ktheju tökes family affair nonsense went down absolutely MASSIVE in the YouTube live comments and in the hall itself, getting a standing ovation from the audience at the end and demands for an encore which were GRANTED (!), with them doing the chorus again a cappella for the RAPTUROUS CROWDS (honestly, Christer/Sweden would NEVER!). I imagine this is probably the hot favourite at this point, it seemed to stir up something PRIMAL

HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYYYYYYYYYY :HairFlip:

I love how the Albanians are suckers for nonsense shouting. And are CORRECT.

And the amateur non-union crew camera work works for this :D. Seriously is there a strike in Albania at the moment?

Urban Band is doing a lot for me. It's outmoded though and won't go anywhere. I feel the opposite for Erma. He needs a cleaner Counting Crows type voice. Not competitive but he'd do better on the mums vote with it.

2Farm pretty awful. I fear they may do well though because a quick browse suggests they're old timers in Albania and they have a gimmick which we know audiences LOVE. :Icesiseyes:

This is miles better than anything Dula Peep has released.

:Douze:

Ok, this is great, especially because of the surprise inclusion of YOLANDA

12 Motit – Rovena Dilo
10 Para teje – Sara Kapo
08 N’Eden – Rezearta Smaja
07 Stop – Fifi
06 Malli – Anduel Kovaçi
05 Burrë – Enxhi Nasufi
04 Jetën ta fal – Luna Çausholli
03 Një gotë – Fabian Basha
02 Atomike – 2 Farm
01 Në çdo hap – Urban Band
00 Vështirë – Serxhio Hajdini
-1 Kozmosi i dashurisë – Erma Mici
-2 Duje – Albina & Familia Kelmendi

12 Motit – Rovena Dilo
10 Para teje – Sara Kapo
08 N’Eden – Rezearta Smaja
07 Stop – Fifi
06 Malli – Anduel Kovaçi
05 Burrë – Enxhi Nasufi
04 Jetën ta fal – Luna Çausholli
03 Një gotë – Fabian Basha
02 Atomike – 2 Farm
01 Në çdo hap – Urban Band
00 Vështirë – Serxhio Hajdini
-1 Kozmosi i dashurisë – Erma Mici
-2 Duje – Albina & Familia Kelmendi
You’re going to be very disappointed come Thursday, love.

Apparently this woman is the Carola of Albania and is a strong favourite to win. Great voice, but the song isn't doing much for me.

THIS on the other hand, is giving classic mid-00s Eurovision :disco: Her choreo is a tad lacking though! *half-heartedly claps*

This is also very pretty

Anduel Kovaçi - Malli

ELIMINATED

Along with two others from semi 1 I couldn't even be arsed to make comments on and two from semi 2 that I probably won't bother with now.

Poundland Dua Lip and shouty cloak woman still in :disco:

This is ahead on Youtube views by a country mile now.

328,000 Duje
137,000 Fifi
75,000 Elsa Lila

Given there's no jury vote in this year's FiK, I think it's probably a done deal.

There IS a jury vote, they decide the winner of FiK, while the public decide on who goes to Eurovision. The host the other day mentioned that the public will get choose which song 'they think is best suited for Eurovision'. That could be a deciding factor in who they pick up the phone to vote for. I don't think it's a done deal, we have not got much data to rely on when it comes to FiK public votes as the last time was in 2017. It really depends how popular the public vote is. It could be quite small, which means that Fifi, who has a big fan base, has an advantage. We've seen plenty of times in places like Romania and Moldova where the public vote is a total head-scratcher, and in Finland where the most popular song on views has failed to win the televote two of the last three years.

Oh god surely she needs to kick those five misfits behind her to the curb before Eurovision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom