All Stars 9 (rumored cast & production)

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
Rumored cast is: Angeria, Gottmik, Jorgeous, Kameron Michaels, Roxxxy, Nina West, Plastique, Vanessa Vanjie.

Also possible Janney Jacké, Shannel & Tayce.

First rumor is that they’re changing the format to no elimination.

The second rumor is that it’s been cancelled because AS8 had such low ratings :D and that the queen were paid and sent home.

My opinion of that list is that it contains two genuine Drag Race legends, a couple of queens I'd enjoy watching, and several I have no interest in ever seeing on TV again. Maybe it's time to rest All Stars for a few years, let those queens do Vs The World if they like, then bring it back for another winners' season (which is the only place they should have the no eliminations format).

Also I think the franchise is big enough now that I'm surprised they haven't tried doing a version of the CBB Chantelle twist - have a queen who's never been on Drag Race show up on All Stars and have to convince the others that she was on a regular season somewhere.

80% of the time the lip sync assassin is revealed I have NO IDEA who it is until I’m told!

Reactions: COB
I prefer it to the AS8 list. But then I think they would need to get Jinkx back, and throw in Bob, Katya, Alaska and Detox to offset Kandy Muse.

I think I've given up on Drag Race. I'll watch the odd lip sync on YouTube, but I just don't care any more. I'll probably watch the UK one.

My opinion of that list is that it contains two genuine Drag Race legends, a couple of queens I'd enjoy watching, and several I have no interest in ever seeing on TV again. Maybe it's time to rest All Stars for a few years, let those queens do Vs The World if they like, then bring it back for another winners' season (which is the only place they should have the no eliminations format).
Spreading the 'stars' so thinly has now perversely made the All Star seasons less appealing than the standard seasons. There's so little anticipation about what we may expect or how they will play off each other. It's largely just feels now like a host of average queens having another go at it.

At least with the new seasons there's a chance you may discover someone genuinely exciting (before they are thwarted by a series of uninspiring challenges).

The sad thing is, I think AS8 could genuinely have been an all-time great season, IF Kandy Muse hadn't been on it.

It's a really charming, diverse cast and when given the opportunity they've done really good work. But Kandy and the hard-on RuPaul/production obviously has for her has just totally sucked all the oxygen out of it.

What's the next series to air - is it Down Under 3? And is there anything else currently airing, other than AS8?

The sad thing is, I think AS8 could genuinely have been an all-time great season, IF Kandy Muse hadn't been on it.

It's a really charming, diverse cast and when given the opportunity they've done really good work. But Kandy and the hard-on RuPaul/production obviously has for her has just totally sucked all the oxygen out of it.
Seeing Kandy on a weekly basis has been a great source of irritation, but let’s not blame the whole thing being shit on her only. The season barely contained any STARS to begin with.

I've not watched S15 yet, was thinking I'd wait for it to be over and subscribe to WoW+ for a month to watch it. Never got around to that, then thought I'll leave it again to do AS8 as well, but what I've heard/seen of that hasn't appealed much. And I'm still about 3 non English language shows behind, before France and Mexico if they have started.

It all feels overwhelming, and in the sense that I'm watching it out of duty more so than anticipating I'll love it.

Assuming Australia is on iPlayer, I'll watch that, because it's easy, if nothing else.

You know what would be even worse than seeing Kandy in AS? Seeing Vanjie and hearing her shouting. 🙉

I've not watched S15 yet, was thinking I'd wait for it to be over and subscribe to WoW+ for a month to watch it. Never got around to that, then thought I'll leave it again to do AS8 as well, but what I've heard/seen of that hasn't appealed much. And I'm still about 3 non English language shows behind, before France and Mexico if they have started.

It all feels overwhelming, and in the sense that I'm watching it out of duty more so than anticipating I'll love it.

Assuming Australia is on iPlayer, I'll watch that, because it's easy, if nothing else.
Australia, easy? :eyes:

Australia, easy? :eyes:
In terms of not needing a subscription, download an app and watching on my TV at least, yes.

I'm aware that Down Under 2 is probably the most reviled season ever, isn't it? :D

In terms of not needing a subscription, download an app and watching on my TV at least, yes.

I'm aware that Down Under 2 is probably the most reviled season ever, isn't it? :D
I have no intention of watching Down Under 3.

Down Under is my favourite. I like that the queens, production and judges refuse to take it seriously. It makes it more fun.

Every franchise needs a Minnie Cooper.

I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if the UK series gets cancelled after Season 5, which is dreadful considering Season 4 wasn't actually that bad. And once established series start getting actively cancelled...

I think UK 5 is going to have to do really poorly for it to be cancelled yet.

Have there been any casting leaks for it? Presumably it's all been filmed already.

Has their been a drag race franchise that has been cancelled? Is Netherlands still going?

Has their been a drag race franchise that has been cancelled? Is Netherlands still going?

Netherlands is cancelled from what I’ve heard.

I wonder if SVT (Sweden) will do another one. It was reported that the viewing numbers for the first episodes were underwhelming.

They definitely need to wait a while. All Stars is all about the nostalgia so they need to let people wet their appetites first before showing those queens again, especially the ones from the later seasons.

They definitely need to wait a while. All Stars is all about the nostalgia so they need to let people wet their appetites first before showing those queens again, especially the ones from the later seasons.
From the shit we’ve had lately, that’s definitely not a concept they have applied to the likes of KANDY MUSE.

They have really burned through the goodwill and enthusiasm that people had for the show. Absolute overkill. It's giving the tail-end of Born This Way heading into ARTPOP tees, but without the legendary content.

Well that's an ArTPoP moment if there was ever one.

_23a9149.webp

Tayce definitely not in this season, apparently. I'd love more non-American queens. Kitty Scott And Bimini would be so much fun.

Oh, and Kameron is out too if anyone cares.

Thank god. I never need to see Kameron Michaels again. Great fashion but I'm not sure there's been a duller queen in lip syncs that production have tried to force the label 'lip sync assassin' for. And Anetra has very much since shown us the model of how to do being a quiet queen RIGHT

Karmen x Anetra is definitely a good comparison. Karmen is like your phone on 4% battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom