Amber Heard and Johnny Depp divorce

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel like this needs to be discussed, now that the split has revealed some detailed gruesome behaviour on behalf of Depp. She says he's physically assaulted her and her restraining order against him, details these:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...g-order-amber-heard-divorce-domestic-violence

I always liked Johnny Depp, but this is instantly off-putting. His appearance in the dogs video, despite being funny, did hint at a much more grotesque human than we knew about.

Last edited:
He pissed me off on the Graham Norton show last week. Jennifer Lawrence, James McEvoy and Jack Whitehall were all quite fun, and then he came out (not being the sole guest). He was good natured, but completely sucked the energy of the show.

Presumably he wouldn't be booked now.

Last edited:
At least one of the tabloids has a photo of her face, allegedly bruised from an iPhone he threw at her.

0527-amber-heard-injury-tmz-3.jpg

It's not that bad(!) But of course it is bad considering the method.

I was talking to someone about this yesterday and they said "oh she probably did it to herself" :manson: I'm anticipating a lot of similar opinions because Depp has been such a "ledge" to a lot of basics for quite a while.

Has Johnny Depp starred in anything that wasn't shit since the early 2000s? That's a genuine question, because I think the most recent film I've seen of his is Finding Neverland and almost everything since then has looked completely awful

Re Amber, I'm not sure I've ever known so much about an actress (she's an LGBT heroine didn't you know!) who is completely anonymous when it comes to her appearances. Looking at IMDB the only thing I've seen her in is The Danish Girl and even then I didn't realise it was her as the ballet dancer BFF.

Has Johnny Depp starred in anything that wasn't shit since the early 2000s? That's a genuine question, because I think the most recent film I've seen of his is Finding Neverland and almost everything since then has looked completely awful
I like the first Pirates film!

The Depp camp are portraying her as a loon with a grudge. Liberal Twitter is mostly pro-Depp, which surprised me. I expect his private life to be raked over heavily over the next few months.

I never liked him. According to Fortune Feimster (from Chelsea Larely fame) she's a lesbian

I am bummed for Johnny Depp and Amber Heard but a 22 year old age gap and your wife being a lesbian is definitely a big hurdle to overcome.

Sweeney Todd

She's added to the melting pot of sleaze that he's alcoholic and coke fiend with mental problems to boot.

I think he's an alcoholic and the midlife crisis by marrying her in the first place (when he never married Vanessa Paradis - but that could have been her choice) put me right off him.

He really does suck the fun out of everything in his public appearances which is so strange considering he's usually full of character on screen. Maybe the fact that his mother just died and was gravely ill at the time could excuse the latest Graham Norton appearance.

I always thought she married him for the celebrity status to help her career, as I always thought she was openly gay and the bisexual thing seemed very Jessie J.

I would say he's fairly obviously back on the drugs, he's got that coke bloat.

I do feel sorry that his career is now reduced to doing those awful, awful Pirates of the Caribbean sequels and pretentious travel films that make about £2.50 but I don't want to be in the "he could BEAT me ANYDAY" camp.

I always thought she married him for the celebrity status to help her career, as I always thought she was openly gay and the bisexual thing seemed very Jessie J.

I think she has always been out as bi rather than gay, no?

Incidentally, he has finally started to look his age recently. He is losing his last selling point.

Last edited:
I always thought that he should've stayed with Kate Moss. The Amber Heard thing reeked of doom and divorce the second it happened.

Sounds like he's in a bit of a downward spiral to be honest, and obviously comes across like a bit of scumbag. At the same time she comes out looking a bit shameless seeking spousal support when they have no kids and have been married for approximately six seconds.

He's a spent force as an actor it seems whose best work was made in the 90s, and she's an 'actress' in the way Rita Ora is a 'singer', but I doubt either of their careers will be badly affected by this.

I always thought that he should've stayed with Kate Moss. The Amber Heard thing reeked of doom and divorce the second it happened.

Winona forever.

That last fragrance campaign left me baffled. Although it was quite funny seeing all the posters changed from 'Sauvage' to 'Sausage', my first thought was why pick him? He looks like he'd REEK of stale fags and booze.

You're quite right, Finding Neverland is the last film of his that was anywhere near watchable. His brutal treatment of the Willy Wonka character makes me want to punch him in the spine, and everything else has just been common or garden shit (HELLO Lone Ranger).

Last edited:
Black Mass managed to get good reviews I think and he was tipped for awards nominations at the time this year. It was dreadful.

Yes, Finding Neverland was his last decent film, although oddly I didn't think The Tourist quite deserved its critical mauling.

Tabloid "revelations" this morning indicate Johnny was "driven mad with jealousy" at the thought of Amber "lezzing it up" with "media personality" Cara Delevingne, and Amber also been "linked" to a "Johnny lookalike lesbian".

The lesbian in question:

http://img.theSTOP FUNDING HATE/aidemitlum/archive/02896/04_29004917_4d6583_2896775a.jpg

At least she looks like she knows what a shower is.

It's such bullshit that the tabs are trying to paint him as some poor, misunderstood jealous hubby driven mad by lesbian sex ROMPS. He threw a phone at her head, it's not the hot Sam Ronson woman's fault.

Vanessa Paradis wading in and saying that he is "not capable of hitting a woman" isn't exactly helpful.

I think most people are capable of anything behaviourally in the wrong circumstances.

Vanessa Paradis wading in and saying that he is "not capable of hitting a woman" isn't exactly helpful.

I think most people are capable of anything behaviourally in the wrong circumstances.

Yes, I'd agree. It's bullshit.

Paul Bettany also defended him. There's been some uproar but it's all very muted compared to the usual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom