And Just Like That... (Sex & The City revival)

my total podcasting earnings:

Drag-Race-1.jpg

I am here for a And Just Like That / Emily in Paris cross-over. Sylvie can be our new Samantha, and look down on the rest of the girls, because that Eiffel Tower bag / urn was not the tea.

This is minor but surely smoking rooms in hotels just don’t EXIST anymore?

I'm sure they do, but exclusively at those uncanny Britannia Hotels that haven't been updated since the 70s, and have eerie, peeling paintings in the hallways.

Loved the last episode

Enjoyed it as a whole. The rushed and forced catch up of diverse New York into their little social circle was a bit clumsy but they had no choice given past mistakes. Interested to see where they take season 2 now they’ve reset the board.

The last episode was fine, I guess, but it made really hate Carrie with her "Oh, I'm going to Paris for something I just decided and I also decided you should drop everything you do for 3 days and join me too! Say yes!". I mean, you can be best friends and everything, but you don't just expect adult people with their own lives to follow your whims at the drop of a hat.

Also, I too am here for Rabbi Jen joining the permanent cast from next season on. Between Che's irritating presence and Rabbi Jen's insights, I'd happily take the latter.

Also, question for the SATC fans: was the original as addictive and sort of a guilty pleasure as this has been?

I started to type my overall feelings about this show but then I saw this tweet that captured it perfectly

I can't say more than this really. I enjoyed reading every criticism of it here, finding more of my own and picking holes in every single scene and character. And I'm bereft that it's over.

I think we should give it a few months and do a moopy sync hatewatch.

my favourite bit was how she lost the "love of her life" in such a devastating way but it was "coming on one year" so it was high time to start dating again.

what a godawful woman and what an ugly bag and all i got was an unfunny sonja morgan when she was spreading big's ashes in that fancy dress in paris cause that's what's important. (she just couldn't give half of them to his family, cause then she would have had half the time to make a tit of herself on that bridge)

hateful, the lot of them (minus the new ladies who were like in a completely different show).

And just like *FAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT*

Just finished it. That final episode was everything. The way she made his resting place/ash scattering all about herself in that hideous dress. Tens tens tens across the board.

The thirst to get Kim K has been so real throughout the series and it climaxed of course at the finale.

There's no way she'll come back for a series 2 of this.

AS one of my fave instagrammers described this show - 'WOKE gets in your eyes.' And it's true. I much preferred the new characters even though they were so blatantly shoe-horned to make up for the hideous way minorities were portrayed in the original show..

And just like *FAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT*

Just finished it. That final episode was everything. The way she made his resting place/ash scattering all about herself in that hideous dress. Tens tens tens across the board.
Her husband JUST DIED if you hadn’t heard! :evil::D

Just finished this, and am a little pissed about everything.
First the 13 years old who refused to do their mitzvah at the last minute. Why couldn't they just say so from the start and let the family prepare all this? What a spoilt inconsiderate asshole! Then Carrie refusing to give the ashes to the family, another uncaring selfish asshole! Speaking of inconsiderate assholes, also Che. What sort of person asks you to give up on things that are important to you, your child, your friends, your work, your studies, so that they have an extra person to clap and cheer in the pilot audience?
By all the preachiness of the episodes leading up to this, I was expecting a corny yet sentimental final message or statement for closure. Instead, this felt like "everyone's a selfish little asshole, deal with it".

Just finished this, and am a little pissed about everything.
First the 13 yeard old who refused to do their mitzvah at the last minute. Why couldn't they just say so from the start and let the family prepare all this? What a spoilt inconsiderate asshole! Then Carrie refusing to give the ashes to the family, another uncaring selfish asshole! Speaking of inconsiderate assholes, also Che. What sort of person asks you to give up on things that are important to you, your child, your friends, your work, your studies, so that they have an extra person to clap and cheer in the pilot audience?
By all the preachiness of the episodes leading up to this, I was expecting a corny yet sentimental final message or statement for closure. Instead, this felt like "everyone's a selfish little asshole, deal with it".
Yes, there was a real lack of kindness in this, or even kind characters besides Steve (and maybe Seema, to some extent, who had compassion and a degree of self awareness).

sarah jessica parker is not only gorgeous but a fantastic actor and she sold the living shit out of that!

Miranda looks so good as a redhead again. and Charlotte getting her they mitzvah was just perfect. ugh.

Having seen Cynthia Nixon’s actual hair, I don’t know why they have insisted on so many TERRIBLE GREY WIGS.
Often it's a choice by the actor isn't it, to protect their hair? I remember Spencer from PLL wore a wig throughout a whole season of that show..

I'm on a big rewatch right now. season 2 is FANTASTIC. Carrie is such a great, witty character and SJP is having so much fun with it.

I hope AJLT season 2 will allow Carrie to move on from Big. I don't mind a little time jump if it does away with the grief.

I would also like back at least a little of Miranda's trademark sarcasm! I mean this bitch was BARBED back in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom