AS7 E11 Variety Extravaganza

Overall season rank:

1. Jinkx

《Jinkx's stage, audience, aura and the airspace she commanded from start to finish》

2. Raja
3. The Vivienne
4. Trinity (yeah she's kind of basic slapstick drag with some questionable looks but she delivered the lols and that's more than most can manage)

5. Yvie (I enjoyed her more than I thought and her runways and looks - make up especially - were some of the best, often truly gorgeous and I feel like she was one who really improved on and justified her original win albeit expectations of her were from a much lower base. Still can't cope with that laugh mind).

6. Jaida (just a quality all rounder and so damn adorable. I actually doubted her ability as a winner but she's really proved herself and is immensely good at handling fuck ups)

7. Monet (Always likable for sure and I'm always interested in what she's got but rarely turns up the goods as much as her legacy would have us believe and the looks are not winner level by any stretch)

8. Shea (I mean she's amazing and was astonishingly good in the talent show but it's a bit late this time, every other week she's underperformed. She had her moment in All Stars 5 and even that was heavily stretched to her favour. Incredibly polished but has no business in the top 4 this time).

Let's be clear I've enjoyed all of them though, no one has shamed themselves at all.

1. Jinx - the ultimate winner
2. Monet - was robbed at least twice and she’s just so likeable
3. The Vivienne - grew on me
4. Jaida - good fun
5. Shea - I feel she gets overlooked and her runways are usually the best
6. Raja - not be rude but you could tell she’s past her prime
7. Trinity - improved a lot but also got rewarded so many times when she didn’t deserve it
8. Eyvie - the weakest of the bunch

I feel like Jinkx has excelled the most, a couple of others have been up there and everyone else is sort of middling because they've all been very good. So many of the wins have felt arbitrary and like they've been given because of turn taking or story.

Shea could have easily been given a win on the music challenge or the second design challenge or even the graduation speech challenge and I don't think many people would have blinked. She had one less star than most of the others but it felt circumstantial.

I feel like Jinkx has excelled the most, a couple of others have been up there and everyone else is sort of middling because they've all been very good. So many of the wins have felt arbitrary and like they've been given because of turn taking or story.

Shea could have easily been given a win on the music challenge or the second design challenge or even the graduation speech challenge and I don't think many people would have blinked. She had one less star than most of the others but it felt circumstantial.

This is really true about Shea and several others and is why my list after Jinkx (and a love for Raja) is fairly arbitrary itself because they've all been so good. Maybe I ranked her last because my expectations were higher although I do think she was guilty of some of the professional-but-a-touch-clinical aspects that hinder her performances sometimes. But I felt like Viv was like that a lot too, just punchier in her delivery.

It doesn't really matter all told because everyone has come out of this in a positive light. That's surely a first and proves the idea was a success. I hope they do more Queens of Queens seasons. Plenty of scope with all the international versions.

I will say, when I said Raja was half-arsed this season, I guess I meant that when it wasn’t something she either was good at or wanted to do, it felt like she didn’t give a shit and took the episode off. But when she was good she was great

Actually yes, the app. It was like Serena's season 5 portrayal of Raja was right all along :D

serena-as-raja.png

I did not like Raja's and kept thinking there might be a cut-to of old Indonesian women in traditional costume popping balloons. However, the story really got to me and transformed my opinion of it. As a lovely memory it was 2nd to none, but apart from her gorgeous face it wasn't my top. I don't agree with Diddy's frankly horrible and hateful belief that she has been half-arsed though, but also missed the shot revealing what Rasbo cruelly remarked was a saggy arse, so perhaps I've missed something. She is a legend and if the Drag Race format and favours don't do her any that's not on her.

Monet was bankrupt on stage and whilst I admire the boldness of it, she was bottoming for anyone who would have her as far as I'm concerned. I mean, talk about serving a "that's nice dear" moment.

Shea was the top for me, but the presentation didn't hit the Unbreakable Janet spot like it should have (that wig and almost zero hairography?) As a track, it was quite superior to the Diane Warren dregs tossed off to Viv that was the dance track equivalent to pushing a flaccid penis through a glory hole and hoping for the best, and the same-old "snatch the crown" tracks from Trinity (good finale) and Jaida (good intro). I laughed most at Ru saying she can't wait to hear Viv's track that's been out for years now.

Whilst I feel for Yvie, she did say all those lines about walking in heels and the like on her original season. Short of pulling off her limbs, that was not it. Box reveal was good and the track still a step above the aforementioned catchphrase chaff.

On a Jinkxx note, I'm ultra excited to see her next month, but she's already cancelled a date so am nervous she'll do it again. However, I'm seeing her twice (opening and closing), but won't be re-booking in order to get my bookend experience again.

Your attention to details in posts is incredible. Her ass looked terrible, it was something about the padding (or maybe the lack of).

A purely subjective Legendary Legends rankette
  1. Jinkx
  2. Raja
  3. Monet
  4. Trinity
  5. The Vivienne
  6. Jaida
  7. Shea
  8. Yvie

Jinkx wanted it more. She's probably had the least recent exposure of all of them and had a wealth of skills and gags built up over the last decade just waiting to go.

WHAT A WOMAN!

The pit stop with Vanjie is terrible.

Reactions: VoR
Likes on WoW's social media 'are you #team?' posts

Twitter

13.9k Jinkx
6.8k Monet
2.5k Shea
1.5k Trinity

Instagram

15.7k Jinkx
8.2k Monet