ASFM - A Beryl-ation: VOTING CLOSED

The voting is going to be some serious extra work. 150/32 is 4.7, so every song will start with that. Until it doesn't.

In my general rage at this contest there's every likelihood i'll give one song 146 points and 4 other ones will get 1.

I mean, it’s quite easy to apply a Eurovision style metric if you feel you need one to vote:

But so many people have said they make up the lower ends or only really like a handful, so this gives you the option to get creative with your scoring based on what you actually like/can appreciate.

Yeah I'm not sure as to how I will vote. I want to vote for at least 20 out of respect, but I'm not quite sure how to divide.

I guess once they've sunk in it will be a bit easier to apply points.

Am I allowed to give less than 150 to the contestants and allocate the rest as ghost points to the songs that didn’t make it which are better than most of what’s left?

Am I allowed to give less than 150 to the contestants and allocate the rest as ghost points to the songs that didn’t make it which are better than most of what’s left?
You can but you'll be wasting your points

Reactions: SDF
In my general rage at this contest there's every likelihood i'll give one song 146 points and 4 other ones will get 1.
Heh, me too. And I suspect it'll be the same song, so the opportunities for sabotage are only growing...

A few are just too bland for my basic ears, but Splitting Atoms really is just lush.

Splitting Atoms is something I should like, but I don’t. I’ll need to give it another listen.

Taking a deep dive into the point allotment now. This is expansive work.

So many of these sound so much better without the surrounding show and the videos. Even art school cunt.

Listening to my top 12 now. I’ve already binned one off because I realise I don’t actually like it, it just sounded better on the night because it was surrounded by dreck.

I’m going to rank them all and then find a proportional way to reward my top ten (or however many I feel make the cut off)

I'm giving 20 of them points in the end. I anticipate that's probably quite generous and I could have given my faves a lot more, but there was quite a lot I enjoyed.

It’ll be interesting to see a break down of votes for this one. I’d hate to think my song getting 7 sets of one point (setting the bar high) and seeming less popular than one vote of 10 for something else.

I have said since before the show, I don't expect mine to do very well really and I do wonder how this voting system will affect it. It will definitely get more votes from different people than the shorthand voting system, but I'm expecting many of them to be 1s.

Obviously there's a handful that are painfully obvious who they're from, but otherwise ANY IDEAS?

Still sad we've lost key posters, COB, Zu, Lucille and Indie from the process.

VERY 'ARSH.

Reactions: COB
I have no issue with rehashing songs we've previously discussed. Musically it's the biggest opportunity to showcase music to the rest of Moopy. I mean poor dead Soldi, sent actual no.1 hit Kiss Kiss.

I have no issue with rehashing songs we've previously discussed. Musically it's the biggest opportunity to showcase music to the rest of Moopy. I mean poor dead Soldi, sent actual no.1 hit Kiss Kiss.
Oh I'm not complaining!

pdpikachu-site1_0.jpg

Day 3 of this competition and allegations have already been thrown my way from various parties. I can neither confirm nor deny, but I can say that I won’t be deterred in the face of updated sleuthing methods. The mounted horse did not kill the athlete; we run for joy!

I'd personally love an obnoxious victory for a song getting as little amount of votes with as many points possible.

I'll be giving some attention to the expelled entries (I won't elaborate on the image this is giving me) before I properly look at what's left. Absolutely no way am I giving points to a song merely nice - it has to genuinely be a strong impression and this was actually a not bad bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom