ASFM stats and future events

End of year ASFM format?

• Total voters
Another star only 6 contestants have been top 10 twice. It's really hard to see a Sweden/ Russia player developing YET!
And here I thought I could take it easy in the next round but I might just UP THE ANTE for a third top10.:disco:

@ButterTart I already have very uncomfortable question to you. Do the songs have to be straight up covers or can they be songs that have heavily sampled something? Let’s say the song heavily relies on the sample throughout the song, verses are original, the chorus has the same melody as the one in the sampled song but different lyrics.

Last edited:
Reactions: dUb
The thing with covers is that how strict do you make the criteria? Does the original have to have been a hit or does the song merely just have to have been recorded previously?

@ButterTart I already have very uncomfortable question to you. Do the songs have to be straight up covers or can they be songs that have heavily sampled something? Let’s say the song heavily relies on the sample throughout the song, verses are original, the chorus has the same melody as the one in the sampled song but different lyrics.
My rule was going to be that as long as the 'cover' isn't a sampled sound effect and nothing else, then it's okay. As long as we're able to tell what the original was then it's admissible.

Okay since this is clearly happening whether I officially announce it or not, let’s get Kalavision done first and then I’ll open the sign up thread.
@Iguana I’m already having conniptions over how I’ll reveal the leaderboard throughout the results so I may need to DM you to find out how you did it.

OH is the covers themed confirmed? HMMM.

Is the covers one or the speed round happening first?

I'm looking through songs now.

Are they meant to be covers of songs that are unknown to Moopy or Can be well known songs but unknown singers? Or literally non of the above.

*dusts off Kidz Bopz CD*

Last edited:
If someone sings a song from a musical that isn't part of the original cast recording is it a cover?

Also, could we consider this NOT being a visual youtube experience? A lot of covers would be album tracks only and I always think you're at a disadvantage without a visual.

So yeah, when are we getting the rules? :eyes:

Can we continue to keep things simple as they are?

I can’t be arsed if I’m going to have to keep checking various sections of the rule book for a possible violation.

Also, could we consider this NOT being a visual youtube experience? A lot of covers would be album tracks only and I always think you're at a disadvantage without a visual.
I think the videos are absolutely integral to the experiences. That said I've done absolutely fine without sending a video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom