We've had a total of 51 players
19 players have played in all three
19 players have played in two
14 players have played just once

How about Aquavision
Introducing your hosts

Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Team_Aqua_Grunts.png

Kyogre to present the winning tiara

My personal opinion is that if you’re too strict with the criteria it makes it all a little reductive. But I guess changing it up now and then keeps things fresh. How would a covers event work (I know there’s an obvious answer to that)?

The only thing I'd hope in terms of future main shows, is to keep them free from genre specific themes. Covers, languages, years etc are fine, but say acoustic, musicals, Eurovision or girl bands (for example) types of themes kinda limit the variety. The spirit of the event is 'anything goes', which can be done with limited criteria.

My personal opinion as a top 5 (twice) competitor is that if you’re too strict with the criteria it makes it all a little reductive. But I guess changing it up now and then keeps things fresh.
I think a covers version and a speed competition work as alternatives that don't push the boat too far out to sea though.

The foreign language one for me was a bit of a struggle (though I was genuinely excited for Kala's first find-an-artist-connected-to-Mozambique extravaganza).

That said the odd 'special' probably wouldn't hurt.

Christ this really has become a THING. :disco:

I adored the foreign language one. I chose India and got to explore music I had never really heard before. I think the people that tried to reverse engineer their song to a country lost some of the joy of it.

I adored the foreign language one. I chose India and got to explore music I had never really heard before. I think the people that tried to reverse engineer their song to a country lost some of the joy of it.
I think the concept was cool but perhaps not being present for the performance shows hurt my enjoyment.

And I think I skew more towards the lyrics than the music sometimes.

I think the concept was cool but perhaps not being present for the performance shows hurt my enjoyment.

And I think I skew more towards the lyrics than the music sometimes.
I'd love to see you drop an entry that we can't guess.

Did I really come 29th in Agvision?

so i came 29th EVERY TIME :D at least I’m consistent(ly worst)

Another star only 6 contestants have been top 10 twice. It's really hard to see a Sweden/ Russia player developing YET!

Atomic Kitten Tide is High is a surefire bet.

Why don't we have a VOMIT EMOJI? :poo::poo:

I heard a cover of Jolene by the Sisters of Mercy the other day so I'm sorted.

Someone could go META and submit a cover of a song that has already been in ASFM.

However I am imagining a cover versions ASFM to just sound like a two hour long John Lewis advert. VOMIT EMOJI.

Why don't we have a VOMIT EMOJI? :poo::poo:

I heard a cover of Jolene by the Sisters of Mercy the other day so I'm sorted.

Someone could go META and submit a cover of a song that has already been in ASFM.
Oh did they do one? I must check it out. My go to Jolene is the Strawberry Switchblade version.

Anyone who submits one of those BREATHY VOCALED REAL MUSIC CUNT cover versions should be disqualified on principle.
Well quite. And if anyone even CONSIDERS that cunt that was in that TUI advert they should be BANNED FOR LIFE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom