Belgium 2023: Gustaph - Because of You

Ca m'ennuie pas is fun, I like the cowprint Boy George-minus-Boy George faggy house song, and Loredana is absolutely deep cover Dannii Minogue. But yeah, The Starlings are blatantly taking the ticket with that first song.

Former Hooverphonic vocalist Luka, the one who was unceremoniously fired to make way for their original singer in 2021, has confirmed that she submitted this to Belgium's selection but was rejected. It's not terribly competitive but certainly better than some of the snippets we've heard. Maybe they really are just clearing the field for the Starlings...

Last edited:
Sorry which one of the Starlings' songs is supposed to be the really competitive one...?

Oh it isn't, really. But they've clearly capped their ambitions at finishing 18th with a vaguely familiar name.

The fans seem to be rallying behind Ça m’ennuie pas a bit. I'd love it if Belgium served us the sequel to Loin d'ici that we've been thirsting for since 2016. :disco:

Last edited:
So the artists seem to be selecting which song they’ll compete with in a preview show every night this week before Saturday’s final - which seems a bit of a waste of time by sending two songs considering they’ve only released one minute snippets of both before :D..

Alas, Loredana (no not that one :() chose her song tonight

Loredana's song sounds straight out of 2002, I can picture K Llo trying to get her hands on it and add a dubstep moment.

It's pretty but won't do much at ESC.

Alas, Loredana (no not that one :() chose her song tonight

oh this could be really good if they just change how it sounds

edit: that's so vague but I think theres a good song in theory but a flawed delivery?

Chérine is giving me Belgian BROOKE SCULLION vibes.

IMG_5176.png

Last edited:
Are the STARLINGS really threatening to win this? Has Belgium sent anything fun since Kate Ryan!?

Are the STARLINGS really threatening to win this? Has Belgium sent anything fun since Kate Ryan!?
There was the FORCED fun of What’s The Pressure and the “fun for emo kids” of Rhythm Inside and City Lights but yes this is on another level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom