Belgium 2023: Gustaph - Because of You

Is this going to be the year of the gay bangers? Agoney and Benjamin both have a chance (more the former) but it will be interesting to see.

Last edited:
faint fainting GIF

This really is a strong argument for mid tier countries to stick to internal selection for all time :D

Moopy possibly the least unhinged part of the Eurovision community.

Listened to this for the first time, what a LITTLE QUEEN! :disco:

What on EARTH was that Chérine perf?!! :D

I thought this was going to be terrible judging by reactions online, but he's a good singer, the song is great, and he has a ridiculous giant hat. Perfect Eurovision fodder surely.

Am I gonna go out of my way to listen to this on Spotify? Probably not.

Do I think this is a fun addition to one of the semifinals? Absolutely. Better than some of their recent finalists. :eyes:

I can see it qualifying now we don’t have to worry about juries. Depends what else is in the mix.

I think Belgium have quietly ended up becoming one of the more interesting Eurovision nations in recent years. Sennek has been their only real miss for me since their post-Loïc revival

I like it and I’m pleased for Gustaph that he has something nice to do in May. I don’t necessarily want to hear it very often but at least it beat The Starlings and Chérine was never going anywhere after THAT grotesquerie of a performance (:D)

I've scanned the thread but I see no mention of THIS being the same Gustaph CORRECT??
One of the absolute biggest electropop bangers of about a decade ago, such a shame it wasn't a hit:

(HONESTLY worth clicking the play button, it's a GREAT SONG!)

In regard to the entry, it's a bit like QUEER VOMIT, and I think its a bit distasteful that the backing singers (who are almost as prominent vocally??) aren't credited.
But happy it's IN THE MIX either way.

I quite liked the Belgium entry since seeing it only on Thursday and yesterday for the grand final. Nice that it got a few douze points too :D
True, the ladies should have also got more credit, but Gustaph, the slight Boy George lookalike, was quite good, and the song rather catchy/danceable 😄🎶

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom