Billie Eilish - No Time To Die (James Bond theme)

Beyonce was the rumour.

I love that they never quite get the biggest star of the time, but it's always an almost. Although Adele was legit massive at the time.

nothing like a teenager doing the theme song for the thuggiest incarnation of bond. 007 really needs a reboot and stat.

that said, if it's more idontwannabeyouanymore than her new stuff, i'm on board.

You already know what the Lana one would sound like. Billie is a significantly fresher prospect though.

(All hail Lana though. No shade intended)

I'd still prefer another Adele effort tbh. Would've been a nice buzz before her upcoming work.

We already have Lana's Bond theme(s).

I'd have been happy with another from Adele but I'm excited and curious for this. I hope it's nothing too orchestral this time - some weird bleepy dark electronic nonsense a la Die Another Day would go down very nicely.

You already know what the Lana one would sound like. Billie is a significantly fresher prospect though.

(All hail Lana though. No shade intended)

There was a rumour that "24" on Honeymoon was put for consideration for the last Bond (being the 24th Bond movie). I personally like it but it's a bit bland for a Bond film possibly.

Totally here for a Billie Eilish theme. I would see Lana as more of a closing titles affair.

I really don't see why her being a teenager is an issue? It's not like doing Bond is some huge prestige thing. They just need someone who can switch up the formula a bit and deliver a great theme song, and I'm fairly confident she can do that.

because it's a pretty cynical choice. i doubt there is a lot of overlap between billie eilish and current day james bond fans.

she is more than capable of delivering a stirring down/mid tempo number. i just hate that they're going for hot young thing who has absolutely nothing in common with the (progressively) ever more bland franchise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zu
Who has anything in common with the brand though? The only thing about it was that it was seen a such a prestige that only noteworthy artists would get it.

I mean what did Tina Turner, Garbage, Adele etc really have to do with anything?

I just realised I had no idea who did the Quantum of Solace song

Who has anything in common with the brand though? The only thing about it was that it was seen a such a prestige that only noteworthy artists would get it.

I mean what did Tina Turner, Garbage, Adele etc really have to do with anything?

I just realised I had no idea who did the Quantum of Solace song

the only one of those i would say is a bit of a leftfield choice is garbage but they still fit the bill. adele and tina were a perfect match for bond - divas have been an integral part of the franchise probably since the bond theme was a thing. unlike sullen teenagers.

they're just trying to make the stale shit they're peddling seem less so by getting people like eilish and waller-bridge to help bring the cool/cash in.

Last edited:
i just hate that they're going for hot young thing who has absolutely nothing in common with the ever (progressively more bland franchise).

I think it’s a poor show on HER part for agreeing to do it as it’s not remotely on brand but I suppose that’s the power of coin for you :zombie:

the only one of those i would say is a bit of a leftfield choice is garbage but they still fit the bill. adele and tina were a perfect match for bond - divas have been an integral part of the franchise probably since the bond theme was a thing. unlike sullen teenagers.

they're just trying to make the stale shit they're peddling seem less so by getting people like eilish and waller-bridge to help bring the cool/cash in.

I think it sounds more like you just hate James Bond tbh diva :D

I don’t think the choice of artist has ever really had any specific motivation except them being popular, so in that sense I don’t see this as any different from asking Sam Smith. Normally they just get whoever it is to just sing what people imagine a Bond Song to be. But even then there are exceptions, I certainly wouldn’t call Madonna’s a typical one, and she was on a roll at that point. Chris Cornell didn’t especially fit the big ballad mould but then Duran Duran and a-ha didn’t either.

I guess this time is going to be one of the exceptions rather than the rules

I think it sounds more like you just hate James Bond tbh diva :D

the (progressively) ever more bland franchise.

the stale shit they're peddling

you think?

chris cornell fit the other direction bond went in with artists like duran duran and wings.

and of course they will go for popular artists. cornell for example was an interesting choice precisely because he wasn't that big.

anyway, not sure why we're debating this any further. you have not convinced me, i have not convinced you, let's move on.

to be fair am, you did begin by saying that "i doubt there is a lot of overlap between billie eilish and current day James Bond fans", but was there much overlap between Bond fans and Tom Jones, Sheena Easton, Lulu, Nancy Sinatra, Rita Coolidge or Gladys Knight? :D they've always picked artists who are somehow unexpected or an unusual fit, in a way that's the beauty of it no?

It does sound like you've decided this film is shit before it's even out, I hope it upends your expectations a bit. 1st trailer is just OK, I'll need a new one soon that makes things look a bit more exciting.

jark, i'm really weary of any difference in opinion turning into an endless discussion on moopy. it happens all the time and it's a waste of energy.

i stand by what i said: i believe there is a lot more overlap with any current artist with a mature audience than there is with billie eilish fans (who i believe without any evidence to be honest) are mostly teenagers.

My Top 10 Bond themes of all time. OF ALL TIME

1. Tomorrow Never Dies (underrated!)
2. The Living Daylights (classic!)
3. Nobody Does it Better (and the Aimee Mann version is also quite good. Radiohead's not so much)
4. Die Another Day (and I'm NOT sorry I'm NOT your BITCH don't hang your SHIT on me)
5. All Time High (simply gorgeous. And yes it's from the OctoPUSSY soundtrack)
6. A View to a Kill (overplayed at the time but DANCE! Into the FIRE!!!)
7. Diamonds are Forever (any top 10 without DAME Bassey is NULL & VOID)
8. Golden Eye (bit ham-fisted (hi BONO!!) but you can't deny TINA)
9. The World is Not Enough (somehow it feels less than the sum of its parts but still very good)
10. Licence to Kill (GLADYS KNIGHT. Enough said.)

FUCK YOU LULU!

Last edited:
3. Nobody Does it Better (and the Aimee Mann version is also quite good. Radiohead's not so much)

I think Radiohead only did it live a few times for funsies rather than it being a genuine stab. Mind you, the did "The Headmaster Ritual" for a webcast and it was amazing.

oh I'm in for a top 10 too.

01 Garbage - The World is Not Enough
02 Shirley Bassey - Diamonds are Forever
03 Tina Turner - GoldenEye
04 Paul McCartney & Wings - Live and Let Die
05 Louis Armstrong - We Have All the Time in the World
06 Gladys Knight - License to Kill
07 Madonna - Die Another Day
08 Adele - Skyfall
09 Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
10 Shirley Bassey - Moonraker

I still think Shirl has one more in her to be honest. She's still got the VOX right? :disco:

HE has a powerful WEAPON!
He charges a million a SHOT! :disco:

(Just kidding, it's one of my least favourites)

I like Tomorrow Never Dies but it is NOTHING compared to the REAL Tomorrow Never Dies tune (Surrender by kd lang).

I'm with ameraal on this one, she may pull an amazing song out of the bag (I can totally see 'Bad Guy' working as a Bond song with some string arrangements, but that's one song...) but it does feel like it's her HOT status with the YOOF that has given her the gig rather than her OUVRE or her PERSONA - she's released what, one record and most of her songs are about PARTYING and KISSING BOYS IN THE YARD. She also dresses like a posh Orange County kid doing CLASS TOURISM in Anaheim - none of this screams BOND to me... but let's wait and see. Happy to be proven wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom