Billie Eilish - No Time To Die (James Bond theme)

I think it’s absolutely superb as a song in its own right and definitely as a Bond theme...however, I’m also a bit surprised by how ‘by the numbers’ it is. I thought it would be a bit more electronic and modern, but it could have been written 40 years ago.

You can't really win on that front with a Bond theme. Stray too far and it's not classic Bond, stick to the formula and it's by the numbers.

You can't really win on that front with a Bond theme. Stray too far and it's not classic Bond, stick to the formula and it's by the numbers.

I think for me it's more that it's the third "by the numbers" Bond song in a row now. Understandable from Adele and Sam Smith from not what I expected from Billie Eilish. Kind of makes me wonder are they ALL going to be like this FOREVER now?

It's not a bad song, it's just so low-key and understated that it's kind of borderline boring. I do like the Bond flourishes in the production including the bit right at the end. I'll give it a few more goes. I just didn't expect something so maudlin again. Bond songs can be fun too!

Well if they keep giving them Oscars for writing that type of song they probably think they're doing it right.

I love this song so much

So far it seems like they’re going through with it.

This is coming out as a 7". Looks like being about a tenner. Bit much.

God this thread is a ride and I STAND by EVERY comment I made in it :disco:

I've had a moment to this song this morning on my bike and I decided that I really like it, it's very SLOW BURN and a bit one-trick-pony but then so it's Skyfall. I've grown to like Billie a bit more so perhaps that helps as well.

God this thread is a ride and I STAND by EVERY comment I made in it :disco:

I've had a moment to this song this morning on my bike and I decided that I really like it, it's very SLOW BURN and a bit one-trick-pony but then so it's Skyfall. I've grown to like Billie a bit more so perhaps that helps as well.

I’m very Team Billie these days, I just imagined she was some overhyped load of meh but both her albums felt quite exciting to me, and I really feel like she’s got interesting things to say.

This is great, Billie is great. It's right in her wheelhouse.

Bond song rank
1. Garbage
2. Nance
3. Duran Duran
4. Others

She missed a trick leaving it off her album. Maybe there was legal stuff but it should have been there.

Still boring and I resent her taking up so much oxygen in the Bond Songs documentary that came out recently.

#Justice4RitaCoolidge

Her Glastonbury set was good. I've been very much on the fence about her until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom