Book Club September vote: which Toni Morrison book shall we read?

Which Toni Morrison book shall we read in September?

• Total voters
I've posted her entire novel list here but I think most of us have already read Beloved and quite a few of others. If we don't get a consensus then I'm happy for someone to make an executive decision.

Multi votes allowed for fun

I meant to select Jazz, but accidentally clicked Paradise. I'll read whatever though.

I picked God Help The Child because it’s her most recent plus at only 200 or so pages isn’t a time consuming demand. Have read several others.

I picked God Help The Child because it’s her most recent plus at only 200 or so pages isn’t a time consuming demand. Have read several others.
Several of the others are also short-ish. God Help the Child got mixed reviews so I am a bit wary.

THAT BEING SAID, September could be our Toni Morrison ELEGANZA EXTRAVAGANZA SPECIAL month and we could select 2-3 TOMES rather than just the one. :disco:

Isn't another female black American writer a bit dull? I find it a bit hard to get myself interested in American sociological problems. I can deal with a book or two but I'd love it if the book club changes it up a little. How about we switch between male/female writers, American/European/Asian etc.

We just thought we'd celebrate Toni Morrison this month but the rest of the books on the list are certainly varied.

We definitely should be wary of reading too much American fiction over time. Even if my own reading habits, I'm surprised by how many American authors I get drawn to, and I am always trying to find new voices. But as lovely Suedey said, her passing was just an excuse to read her.

Isn't another female black American writer a bit dull? I find it a bit hard to get myself interested in American sociological problems. I can deal with a book or two but I'd love it if the book club changes it up a little. How about we switch between male/female writers, American/European/Asian etc.

Good point. I have already read 3 books with African American books this year so it would be nice to do something else.

Having said that, I haven’t read anything by Toni and therefore it doesn’t matter which one or her books we read.

Ok In the interest of variety, sanity and prevention of aneurysms we will stick to the original schedule and push Toni back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom