Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Shame on mee... to need release... Un-con-trolllla-blyyyyy

• Total voters

POP!

Let the light in
I am listening to the 2011 "It's Britney Bitch" podcast right now and re-visiting this era is a bit weird. The album spawned two of her arguably biggest radio hits EVER in the States, received a full promo tour and everything, yet this is certainly the nadir of her as a performer/personality artiste. Regardless, it ushered in four high budget videos, a world tour, and the album itself is certainly good despite her literally being a cypher at this time.

Britney_Spears_-_Femme_Fatale.png

Till the World Ends
Hold it Against Me
Inside Out
I Wanna Go
How I Roll
(Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi
Seal it with a Kiss
Big Fat Bass
Trouble for Me
Trip to Your Heart
Gasoline
Criminal

Up 'n Down
He About to Lose Me
Selfish
Don't Keep Me Waiting
Scary

10 Till the World Ends
07 Hold it Against Me
07 Inside Out
10 I Wanna Go
10 How I Roll
03 (Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi
06 Seal it with a Kiss
08 Big Fat Bass
09 Trouble for Me
07 Trip to Your Heart
07 Gasoline
10 Criminal

08 Up 'n Down
08 He About to Lose Me
08 Selfish
07 Don't Keep Me Waiting
07 Scary

10 Till the World Ends
07 Hold it Against Me
06 Inside Out
08 I Wanna Go
07 How I Roll
06 (Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi
05 Seal it with a Kiss
06 Big Fat Bass
07 Trouble for Me
06 Trip to Your Heart
08 Gasoline
11 Criminal

09 Up 'n Down
10 He About to Lose Me
07 Selfish
06 Don't Keep Me Waiting
08 Scary

Good singles, but the middle is UNREMARKABLE. It was a smart move at the time, but suffers now from being one of the few times when she was actively copying what was going on around her.

Till The World Ends is brilliant though - it was SUCH a good tour closer.

Good singles, but the middle is UNREMARKABLE. It was a smart move at the time, but suffers now from being one of the few times when she was actively copying what was going on around her.

You WHAT? Her entire career STARTED on being a Robyn tribute act...:D

10 Till the World Ends
07 Hold it Against Me
06 Inside Out
08 I Wanna Go
07 How I Roll
05 Seal it with a Kiss
06 Big Fat Bass
07 Trouble for Me
06 Trip to Your Heart
08 Gasoline
11 Criminal

09 Up 'n Down
10 He About to Lose Me
07 Selfish
06 Don't Keep Me Waiting
08 Scary

Till The World Ends is brilliant though - it was SUCH a good tour closer.

"Till the World Ends" and "How I Roll" were my favorite FFT moments

*waves hand* *Crowd ERUPTS in applause*

You WHAT? Her entire career STARTED on being a Robyn tribute act...:D
I see what Slave is saying. Taking Swedish pop, putting her own stamp on it, and making it her own legacy, which is what the debut is, is very different from taking (what is admittedly) a very good Kesha song and re-recording it (even that's arguable :D).

"Till the World Ends" is probably in my Britney all time top ten, maybe 15, but it sounded like everything else on the radio that moment (see "Blow", The Wanted's "Glad You Came" and their other single, Justin Bieber's "Around the World")

What a FASCINATING era this was. She was half asleep the entire time (the videos for HIAM and TTWE, the photos in the album booklet, the tour) but at least the music was GREAT thanks to Max Martin & Dr Luke.

Honestly I've always been wondering if she had some kind of a breakdown again in 2010 or did her previous meds stop working or just what the FUCK was going on. The way she's trying to do sexy in the Till the Worlds Ends video while probably feeling like her body weighs about 800 pounds was just not it. She just looks so visibly off in it.

How odd to see the two biggest Britney loons here each give "Inside Out" rather middling marks. I haven't heard it in ages but always thought it was an obvious highlight and potential 5th single alongside "How I Roll".

Reactions: Zu
10 Till the World Ends
07 Hold it Against Me
09 Inside Out
10 I Wanna Go
07 How I Roll
05 (Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi
07 Seal it with a Kiss
05 Big Fat Bass
06 Trouble for Me
07 Trip to Your Heart
04 Gasoline
10 Criminal

07 Up 'n Down
09 He About to Lose Me
07 Selfish
05 Don't Keep Me Waiting
06 Scary

I like this album.

Seal It With a Kiss seems to be VERY underrated here. It is POP BLISS.

10 Till the World Ends
08 Hold it Against Me
08 Inside Out
08 I Wanna Go
05 How I Roll
10 Seal it with a Kiss
05 Big Fat Bass
07 Trouble for Me
07 Trip to Your Heart
09 Gasoline
08 Criminal

11 Up 'n Down
07 He About to Lose Me
07 Selfish
05 Don't Keep Me Waiting
07 Scary

11 Till the World Ends
10 Hold it Against Me
08 Inside Out
10 I Wanna Go
10 How I Roll
04 (Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi
08 Seal it with a Kiss
04 Big Fat Bass
05 Trouble for Me
05 Trip to Your Heart
10 Gasoline
09 Criminal

10 Up 'n Down
07 He About to Lose Me
05 Selfish
03 Don't Keep Me Waiting
05 Scary

meh

Anyone giving I Wanna Go lower than 10, ok 9 outta 10 does not get pop music

I probably wouldn't ever actively seek out the album - in much the same way as I wouldn't really go after anything from that era (at the moment).

It was absolutely a masterclass in repositioning Britney alongside the other pop girls, despite the fact that she was possibly more VACANT at this stage than any other.

Lacks the exciting nervous breakdown highlights of 'Blackout' but I'd say that this is her most consistent album

07 Till the World Ends
07 Hold it Against Me
11 Inside Out - You're the only one who ever DROVE ME CRAZY :argh::wired::horny:
10 I Wanna Go
04 How I Roll
00 (Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi - I seem to have removed this from the album on iTunes which would probably suggest a fat zero
09 Seal it with a Kiss
00 Big Fat Bass - See '(Drop Dead) Beautiful'
08 Trouble for Me
10 Trip to Your Heart - Oh I properly love this. The INTRO :disco:
07 Gasoline
10 Criminal

08 Up 'n Down
05 He About to Lose Me
09 Selfish
01 Don't Keep Me Waiting
00 Scary - ALSO BINNED APPARENTLY :side-eye:

Anyone giving I Wanna Go lower than 10, ok 9 outta 10 does not get pop music
I gave it an 8 because I don't think it has held up that well. I LOVED it at the time. Plus 8 is still REALLY GOOD!

Last edited:
10 Till the World Ends
07 Hold it Against Me
07 Inside Out
11 I Wanna Go
06 How I Roll
05 (Drop Dead) Beautiful feat. Sabi
07 Seal it with a Kiss
08 Big Fat Bass
05 Trouble for Me
04 Trip to Your Heart
08 Gasoline
10 Criminal

07 Up 'n Down
09 He About to Lose Me
06 Selfish
05 Don't Keep Me Waiting
05 Scary

I really quite liked this album at the time but I gave it a listen this morning and it hasn't aged too well. In particular a lot of the verses are really forgettable and in some cases the choruses don't make up for this. It's still an enjoyable listen though although a bit of a slog in the middle. I found myself liking the bonus tracks more than a good deal of the tracks on the album proper. I feel like they could have released the bonus tracks as an EP after the album - sort of in the style of The Saturdays' Headlines - it's quite strong as a stand-alone. I don't know 'Scary'.

09 Till the World Ends
08 Hold it Against Me
04 Inside Out (sorry, dull and forgettable)
09 I Wanna Go
06 How I Roll
09 Seal it with a Kiss (I still often get the "you're a little liar..." bit stuck in my head)
06 Big Fat Bass (I used to really like this but I found it quite annoying today)
06 Trouble for Me
08 Trip to Your Heart
07 Gasoline
08 Criminal

08 Up 'n Down
09 He About to Lose Me
08 Selfish
08 Don't Keep Me Waiting

Isn't this like the most overrated track ever? I seriously DON'T GET IT! It sounds so FAGGY.

It always bugged me that 'How I Roll' features the words 'I wanna go' prominently in the chorus and it's right next to I Wanna Go.

Also in my head I always sing 'I wanna go downtown where my posse's at / Where there's a guy just like Yasser Arafat'. Every time.

After "If You Seek Amy" and "3" I thought she would take it to the next level and "I Wanna Go" was going to be about watersports but NO.

Unfortunately they also include a chronic inability to win Melodifestivalen :(:side-eye:

Britney would NEVER! Britney for MF 2021! :disco:

*comes 7th in Deltävling 3*

I don’t actually like Alcazar very much. Swedish Tight Fit, innit?

MORE BRITNEY CHAT AND UNFLATTERING COMPARISONS PLEASE

Now I want to see it too

Anyway Femme Fatale was such an average album and it has not aged well. Take How I Roll, Criminal, Scary, Lose Me and RUN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom