Britney Spears - Femme Fatale

Shame on mee... to need release... Un-con-trolllla-blyyyyy

• Total voters
It always amuses me when artists name an album after a track they aren't using (pretty sure there's multiple examples of this).

With that said, the Femme Fatale demo is shit.

Is this her most UNDERRATED album? It’s held up SURPRISINGLY WELL.

I like Bonnie well enough (did she release her album yet?), but the Femme Fatale demo remains shit.

she's been teasing and releasing songs from the shelved album (The one that had American Girl as a single) but no official date yet. Hot City remains a BOP.

Aside from some elements of “Hold it Against Me” and maybe “Trouble for Me” I don’t think there is any dubstep to be found
I don't know about Trouble for Me but there was definitely some in Seal It With a Bop.

Even GALA was not immune from dubstep at the 2:25 mark:

Commissioning a dubstep remix for her top 5 Labanese radio hit Lose Yourself In Me (and recording a video for it whilst taking a taxi) at the 0:01 mark:

She also has another dubstep track, which is currently offline, but let me know if you want tagged for more GALA dubstep news if and when it happens.

I enjoy 'Femme Fatale' and it had a great run of singles (albeit one that rapidly ran into the ground in the UK).

However, the production and overall direction do make it feel like the first overtly "conservatorship" album. 'Circus', at least, made some semblance of Britney Spears being present and involved in it. In this one, she's very clearly a passenger. It's just that the music was good enough to hide it better than 'Britney Jean'.

Is this her most UNDERRATED album?
no. that would be Circus!

I think FF has held up like dogshit :D piggybacking the EDM sound made it age like milk. those singles despite being huge are all shit (Criminal is great). the only album track i'd play now is How I Roll :disco: what's the one with the rap about a pot full of vegetables?

the only album track i'd play now is How I Roll :disco:
Isn't this like the most overrated track ever? I seriously DON'T GET IT! It sounds so FAGGY.
I still stand by this. :)

Also I've never really thought of this album as EDM. It's mostly just (dance) pop with some light EDM/dubstep elements here and there. Now Kesha's Warrior is where they incorporated the worst bits from that rotten EDM era.

those singles despite being huge are all shit (Criminal is great).

I thought overall it was a great run of singles, though I concur all bar 'Criminal' are much more of their time and probably could, in principle, have been performed by pretty much any female pop star of that time.

However, 'Till The World Ends' sat seamlessly alongside 'Toxic', 'Stronger' and '(You Drive Me) Crazy' at the end of the Vegas setlist. It definitely made me reevaluate the track as probably her most recent general crowd-pleaser. The song works far better in the atmosphere of a live environment than the studio version and among singles that are far better known...but unfortunately, that's a place where it's unlikely to ever appear again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom