Bros (Gay RomCom)

Vote

• Total voters
This is quite an interesting article (though I got bored halfway through and skim read the rest) about why it's bombed.

IN SUMMARY: all the things we mentioned PLUS nobody wanting to see rom coms in October (?), nobody liking Judd Apatow's previous film, and everybody wanting to stay in and watch Blonde / Hocus Pocus 2 instead:

The trailer made me want to punch things.

Also, it's 2022 and dressing up a really attractive man as unattractive by putting him in slightly dorky clothes REALLY doesn't wash.

I don't dislike Billy and you can tell his intentions are good but he's coming across pretty bad in most of his statements 🥴

Going with "first-of-its-kind nature / importance" as the main narrative during promotion was always going to be a gamble, no matter if the movie is really good or if it isn't - either way, it pigeon-holed the movie into "novelty".

It's almost as if we were being told how to feel about the movie in advance - which rarely works when you think about the target audience? :D

Last edited:
I listened to his podcast interview on Everything Iconic and felt bad for him.
I might support this by going to the theatre.
I do hope, however, that it is a
Movie
That feels like a
Movie.

I see he’s turned off replies on his tweets

He comes across as quite PETULANT really 🥴

Has anyone seen this? I'd like some spoilers, like
Is Billy Eichner top or bottom in the movie? I'm only interested in watching if he's the former to be honest

He's alway come across as a bit of a wanker. There was that time he tried to claim he'd invented the concept of talking to people on the street. :D

He's alway come across as a bit of a wanker. There was that time he tried to claim he'd invented the concept of talking to people on the street. :D

The girls are fiiiiiighting!

• Haha
Reactions: VoR
It has blown my mind that there's a Billy Eichner V Ross Matthews spat in the gay history books, and it's Ross Matthews who came off best

2 pages and all you flop gays didn’t go and see it no wonder it tanked.

Anyway I thought it was a delight, it is formulaic as fuck but that’s the point. The sex parts didn’t work for me because they couldn’t go all the way and it just felt awkward.

The pink triangle chocolate box is a great joke.

We have Call me by your name, no further movies abouts gays are required, sorry.
We did but then Armie Hammer had to ruin it with his creepy personal life antics and the suspension of disbelief is too difficult for me at this stage. :(

We did but then Armie Hammer had to ruin it with his creepy personal life antics and the suspension of disbelief is too difficult for me at this stage. :(

Kink shaming is a disease on Moopy :(

Reactions: GNL
Well this has just dropped on your usual dodgy download sites, so I doubt it's impact in the European cinemas will be as high as it could have been. I don't get why it was a staggered release anyway. Who even does that these days?

I’m off to see this at one of those Limitless screenings on Thursday. It’s already packed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom