Cheryl - Let You

Well this was rather unexpected after the last song. Cheryl back on fine form! This is going to be HUGE, no?

Reactions: dUb
It will be interesting to see if all it took was a decent song.

Yeah, as much as this should be a big hit single, I'm not sure it will be sadly :(

Apparently she's got a deal with Capital Radio for this single.

I can't see it being THAT big, considering how Love Made Me Do It totally failed to connect with streaming.

Watching iTunes obviously (#11) but that's clearly pretty irrelevant considering Love Made Me Do It briefly hit #1 there.

I am thinking positively. I don’t really know what kind of fan base she actually has now though? I don’t think she is poison to radio in the way that Kylie/Madonna are, and also don’t think it’s unthinkable that she will connect with streaming either.

I'm beginning to LOVE this

I kind of wish the production was a bit more punchy though.

All Hail Nicola Robert's (and the 11 other people who probably wrote it).

Last edited:
Reactions: SDF
Oh yes. It is always lovely to know Nicola and Dainty Doll will remain in the black for an extra few weeks.

Those synthy STABS under “when am I gonna get mine” :disco:

This has a Capital deal, I wonder how it'll do. A few plays in I really like it. A nice chill banger.

I'm a fan but why SO SHORT

It does seem to finish much more suddenly than it should. This seems to be the trend in a streaming world, it'll be sub-two minutes all over the place soon.

Anyway, this is much better than I could have expected. The dead robo vocals actually suit this hot synth number. Also love Cherly giving her best emoting effort and the eighties hair dancing bit in the video.

I can't see it being THAT big, considering how Love Made Me Do It totally failed to connect with streaming.

Watching iTunes obviously (#11) but that's clearly pretty irrelevant considering Love Made Me Do It briefly hit #1 there.

Didn't chart in the Spotify top 200 on day one.

Just for comparison as they were released on the same day, Miley Cyrus (who Cheryl is outselling 3:1 in iTunes) is #30 with Mother's Daughter, and Katy Perry #31.

She has dropped to #12 on iTunes too. It seems that elusive next hit is still a while off.

Didn't chart in the Spotify top 200 on day one.

Just for comparison as they were released on the same day, Miley Cyrus (who Cheryl is outselling 3:1 in iTunes) is #30 with Mother's Daughter, and Katy Perry #31.

I'm quite shocked it didn't even make the top 200 :o

Shame as it is bloody brilliant.

She was #21 in yesterday’s midweeks and today she is at #36. So it’s been a complete utter disaster. It’s a shame because this is the best song she’s had for ages but I think she’s over.

Are Capital even playing it yet?

I think in this streaming age it's probably too soon to write her off, but the signs aren't good.

Not doing a big performance in the first week is not really wise

I really don’t understand how they couldn’t have bought her a slot on BGT

It’s a great song. But if no one hears it, then it feels like a bit of a waste. :(

It isn’t like she’s on Polydor these days, though. I’m sure 3 Beat do their best but the most they’re realistically going to stump up for is a cheap day return for a quick perf at Grimsby Pride :(

Well, they sent her to sit in the audience :D

sorry to be such a negative nancy but i can't stand her voice on this. together with the lyrics it just totally ruins an amazing song.
let who what? can you imagine trying to do anything to something so dry? it's just not believable.

it's i don't care all over again. but worse.

Not doing a big performance in the first week is not really wise

I suppose it depends on who the act is but if anything I would say that if there is a big performance scheduled, now is not the time to do it.

Promo is promo, for sure. But if Cherly's going to have a streaming hit then it's going to take time to build traction. If they throw everything at it first week, it's unlikely to make a substantial difference (an iTunes lift isn't going to add much given how low sales are) and then there's literally nowhere left to go with it.

sorry to be such a negative nancy but i can't stand her voice on this. together with the lyrics it just totally ruins an amazing song.
let who what? can you imagine trying to do anything to something so dry? it's just not believable.

it's i don't care all over again. but worse.
I agree that her vocal is what prevents it being properly great. It's crying out to be sung in a higher key with some power. (Her vocal on I Don't Care was actually quite good.)

I suppose it depends on who the act is but if anything I would say that if there is a big performance scheduled, now is not the time to do it.

Promo is promo, for sure. But if Cherly's going to have a streaming hit then it's going to take time to build traction. If they throw everything at it first week, it's unlikely to make a substantial difference (an iTunes lift isn't going to add much given how low sales are) and then there's literally nowhere left to go with it.

If they were looking to build the song up over several weeks then I'm not sure releasing the song, music video and a bunch of remixes on day one was the way to go. Especially if they aren't planning on doing TV promo.

A lot seems to be relying on it catching on with Capital listeners.

TV promo didn't work for Love Made Me Do It, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom