Coronavirus

Are you worried about contracting coronavirus?

• Yes, I am absolutely terrified

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Yes, I am slightly concerned

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • I am neither concerned or unconcerned

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • No, I am slightly unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • No, I am totally unconcerned

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bring back the old poll

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Charlotte Awbrey tits out doing the Macarena

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I believe VoR is evil

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, I'd fling the windows open to ventilate the house and reduce the chance even more, but as above - transmission from surfaces is rare and the virus only lasts a maximum of 72 hours on non-porous surfaces, and just a few hours on porous ones.

I'm inclined to think Mr QotB just wants you to suffer as well :D

IMG-20230202-181913.jpg

:WellThereWeAre:

It got me again

So far just a very runny nose and general malaise on day 1, coughing up crap on day 2. Looks like the immune system is making short work of it, at least. Buggers up my weekend plans though (a meet up and my dad's 70th)

Are they ok?

My auntie got it for the first time last week but she’s fine, just a nasty cold.

Yeah it's gone back to "everyone I know getting it", at about the same time as last year, couple of months earlier.

That YouTuber John Campbell (think I recommended his videos back in the day) is an absolute quackpot grifter nowadays, total money grabbing clickbait mentalist, but every stopped clock is right twice a day and he did suggest the vast majority of us will be getting this variant, seems he might have been right on that one. I only watched it out of morbid curiosity!

This is absolutely rife around here at the moment. I’ve just had a call from a friend who said that one of our friends is in intensive care at the moment and is really unwell. She has underlying health conditions but what a shock.

I’ve just had a letter about an outbreak of BIRD FLU TYPE A in this area. 😷 I’m not really even sure what it is? Not as bad as COVID?

Just read the letter again apparently I live in a SAFETY SURVEILLANCE ZONE and that is why they are letting me know. Lethal to birds not humans. Phew.

The idea that it WAS a lab leak after all, seems to be gaining traction. Albeit not that it was ever intended as a weapon.

Source

Yes it's "low confidence" at the moment, the grauniad is bigging it up a little. But seemingly a departure from the "certainly not, don't be crazy" from before

Mr Sheena woke up this morning proper rough and tested negative, but someone I've been away with all weekend has just tested positive out of our big group.

I'm absolutely fine- just did 2 hours in the gym and actually felt great, so fingers crossed it somehow bypasses me, but I'll prepare for the worst with a stock up at Boots and Lidl today I think...

My flatmate tested positive on Thursday (albeit had been somewhat feeling ill the day before)…yet by Saturday morning it was negative and still is and he feels absolutely fine other than a bit clogged up on Friday when he was testing positive.

So fuck knows how it’s working. I’m still yet to get it. One of the benefits of being a baron old bitch who doesn’t like being touched :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom