Cover versions that improved on the original

The Everything But The Girl original is good and Ramirez cheated a bit by applying a Todd Terry-esque mix to this mimicking his and their own work on EBTG’s Missing and Wrong but this works well.

the original of this is a great 80s song. but No Doubt and Nellee Hooper elevated it to something else entirely. probably in my all-time top 10.

CAUGHT IN THE CROOOOOOWD
IT NEVER EEEEEENDS!

(also one of the very best music videos of all time, obvs – perhaps @Suedey can tell me exactly which position it claims. god bless LaChapelle!)

an obvious choice

to say the somewhat noisy original received a significant upgrade hardly begins to cover it :eyes: this really sounds like a Lana song through and through.

the original of this is a great 80s song. but No Doubt and Nellee Hooper elevated it to something else entirely. probably in my all-time top 10.

CAUGHT IN THE CROOOOOOWD
IT NEVER EEEEEENDS!

(also one of the very best music videos of all time, obvs – perhaps @Suedey can tell me exactly which position it claims. god bless LaChapelle!)
100%
(Dare I admit I didn’t actually know the original when this came out?)

Sorry but Talk Talk NAILS the LONGING in that song. Gwen makes it (rightly, as that's her thing) ALL ABOUT HERSELF.

Are some of these covers or more songs that were just given to multiple artists across different territories around the same time?

I do like the Donna Summer version, but the Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman version STILL gives me goosebumps to this day, even though I have heard it a million times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom