Croatia 2024: Baby Lasagna - Rim Tim Tagi Dim

Lucky her she's gonna lay down in bed doing nothing for the next 10 years, she'll have time to recover.

This will do really well, but it strikes me as the first one this year where the results being predicted for it seem a bit too presumptive that the code to this year is just gonna be, well, the one Cha Cha Cha cracked last year. This is already a very loud, noisy, chaotic Eurovision year lineup we're heading into because of Cha Cha Cha, and I suspect the audience for this and, say, Windows95man, has a lot more overlap than it would necessarily seem from genre alone.

Also the more entries there are like this that are obviously big contenders, the more I think France might end up just absolutely walking it this year.

I just watched this and while it's another FUN TIMES FUN FOR EUROPE FUN FOR EUROLOONS number, I just want a big female ballad right now.

I just watched this and while it's another FUN TIMES FUN FOR EUROPE FUN FOR EUROLOONS number, I just want a big female ballad right now.
Would certainly be nice but looking at the list of countries yet to decide I'm not sure where it's going to come from. One of the Caucasus countries maybe?

Portugal have something nice but it's not really big ballad territory.

But that's different, I have no need to play MOST of the entries after Eurovision, specially some that are played to death. And I would include Euphoria at this point. But hating them, and from the first minute, is very different.
There’s still a major difference between giving your Eurovision playlist a deserved rest after May and the active lasting dislike for the likes of fucking Netta and Cha Cha Cha.

This will do really well, but it strikes me as the first one this year where the results being predicted for it seem a bit too presumptive that the code to this year is just gonna be, well, the one Cha Cha Cha cracked last year. This is already a very loud, noisy, chaotic Eurovision year lineup we're heading into because of Cha Cha Cha, and I suspect the audience for this and, say, Windows95man, has a lot more overlap than it would necessarily seem from genre alone.
I think Croatia is going to be one of those cases where the very fact that it’s one of the favourites will help it along.

At least it is a very open year. At this point last year we knew it was between Sweden and Finland.

I wouldn’t mind a France win at all

I wonder how far back you'd have to go for the first song released in the season to be the one that wound up winning?

At least it is a very open year. At this point last year we knew it was between Sweden and Finland.

I wouldn’t mind a France win at all
I don't think we did at all! Evidemment wasn't even out yet, was it?

I think Croatia is going to be one of those cases where the very fact that it’s one of the favourites will help it along.
It'll help it along, but where it's helping it along from in the first place is more my drift. Put it this way - for something transparently a bit doomed with the juries, I have a feeling it could well just end up having a televote that starts with a 1 rather than one that starts with a 2 or 3.

Same reason but I think Ukraine will walk it.
Ukraine are the other favourites in my mind, but I could see them ending up with a jury and televote haul both in the 200s, with France netting a televote in the 200s but a jury haul in the 300s.

There’s still a major difference between giving your Eurovision playlist a deserved rest after May and the active lasting dislike for the likes of fucking Netta and Cha Cha Cha.
I never have Eurovision playlists and rarely play ESC music, with few exceptions, that's why end up being indifferent to most of them. And yes to Toy being annoying in a record time.

A quarter of the entire Croatian population watched the final! Not bad at all for a country that only recently withdrew due to lack of interest. Baby Lasagna seems to be a real national craze! I wonder if a Croatian top 5 (or even more) would help bring back Montenegro and Macedonia - seems likely.

Just seen the live performance. Yeah this is going to actively turn a lot of people off. The problem is that it's so obviously trying to not directly copy Cha Cha Cha that, well, it just makes it incredibly fucking obvious that it's been made using the exact same recipe formula and proportions but with different ingredients.

The live performance needs rejigging quite a bit, especially in the final 30 seconds or so but I totally get why it won and can see it being top 5 in the final.

Yes I'd imagine a lot of work is going to go into the live performance between now and May, especially now that there's a bit of buzz about it.

I'm still of the view the the hype for this will be self-perpetuating and it could be on for about 300 public vote points.

I just know all the worst sour Cha Cha Cha fans are going to get behind this and we’ll have to go to war with them.

:RictusRoop:
It’s better than Cha Cha Cha :manson: but you just know it’s fanbase will be dreadful
I can already see this starting. During the Serbian semi-final last night, most of the live stream comments during the lulls in action were Rim Tim Tagi Dim spam. :manson:

I can already see this starting. During the Serbian semi-final last night, most of the live stream comments during the lulls in action were Rim Tim Tagi Dim spam. :manson:
And these are the same loons who decry any female-les pop entry as copying the last vaguely pop entry that came before it.

Yes I'd imagine a lot of work is going to go into the live performance between now and May, especially now that there's a bit of buzz about it.

I'm still of the view the the hype for this will be self-perpetuating and it could be on for about 300 public vote points.
You might be right actually. We may possibly be about to end up in another polarisation situation where this gets so much pre hype that whatever the obvious alternative is gets pushed to the front as well. That said, the polarisation in this instance seems like it might be likely to end up getting an active anti-reaction from the juries.

Oy, this isn't a healthy dynamic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom