David Archuleta

And the video:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6-HEhuaeds&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=el_GR&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6-HEhuaeds&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=el_GR&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

What an unfortunate screencap :D

Last edited:
So SBL has officially been downgraded to buzz single status and this is currently being promoted as the album's lead single:

'Tis OK

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah this is out next week, without any sort of hit single. I'd be surprised if the album can make the top 10.

He's been DROPPED by Jive Records, if anyone cares

And he's vlog'd (god I hate that word) about the whole situation

The Other Side of Down has sold 67k copies to date in the US, a big drop off from the 765k the first album sold

New track.

David Archuleta - Every Word You Said

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yggl4lvk7_g?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yggl4lvk7_g?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited:
American Idol" season 7 runner-up David Archuleta is putting music on hold for two years while he embarks on a Mormon mission. The 20-year-old Murray, Utah native revealed his call to serve at the Salt Lake City stop of his My Kind of Christmas Tour, telling the crowd, "I would like to make a special announcement: that I've chosen to serve a full-time mission."

Slightly overwhelmed with emotion and fighting back tears, Archie, as he's affectionately known, explained to an audience of over 2,000 at Abravanel Hall why he felt a two-year mission was his calling at this juncture in his life. "It's not because someone told me I was supposed to do it and not because I no longer want to do music anymore," he said. "It's because it's what I feel I need to do next in my life. It's the same feeling that I've always tried to follow in my life -- the feeling that's allowed me to have the opportunities I've had, the challenges and the blessings, too. And I've learned to trust that feeling and answer when it calls. That's the reason why I know I have to do this in my life."

It's unknown where Archuleta will be called to serve, but like other LDS (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints members), he will be expected to adhere to a strict set of rules, which includes a dress code (dark trousers, white dress shirts, and ties are usually required) and a daily schedule -- typically up by 6:30 a.m. and proselytizing by 10:00 a.m. Young men and women on a mission are generally allowed only two phone calls in a year, both to their mother, on Christmas Day and Mother's Day.

One concert date remains on Archuleta's Christmas run. On Wednesday, he performs at the Vilar Performing Arts Center in Beaver Creek, Colorado.

Poor guy. He sounds a bit broken here (despite creepy fan overreaction).

Last edited:
Maybe he was COERCED. Isn't he supposed to be a bit of a Clay Aiken figure?

PRAY AWAY THE GAY DAVID.

The Book of Mormon musical has the PERFECT SONG for this moment!

His voice is sounding better though. I never got behind him back during AI7...my heart lay in the hands of another Mormon.

xtccd1e3.jpg

Oh, from his mission I mean. I thought he supposed to be away for two years?

Jennifer Hudson has a talk show? :D

Anyway, good for him. I figured that was the only reason this fifteen year old thread was bumped.

Poor guy. It's nice that God personally told him to be gay, but quite rude of him to wait until he'd been praying the gay away for a decade and a half :(

I have a friend who was raised as a Mormon and he had a really rough time from people in his church when he came out.

Good for him, though I instinctively read this as "gay now of course, all very sad" :tongueout:

I mean, not to be uncharitable but the writing was on the wall the moment he tried to claim NATASHA BEDINGFIELD was his celebrity crush.

Shades of teen me circa 2002 trying to convince people I had a huge boner for Vanessa Carlton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom