David Archuleta

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
So obviously he came second in American Idol BUT his album has outperformed David Cook's thus far, peaking at #2.

He should be also commended for creating the new genre of asthma-pop.

And there are no two ways about it, the first single is just a very good pop song (and will have you waving your inhalers in the air).

I love him a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Archuleta > David Cook, he wiped the floor with Cook during the final of Idol AND his album is (surprisingly) MUCH better as well.

Last edited:
I don't like him because I see spider associations with his name.

Twinkle Twinkle little star. That piano riff is very familiar.

Does he actually have athsma then? Votefortheworst.com called him "gaspy, the mouth-breathing Mormon piglet". I know he had nodules or something and almost lost his voice after some sort of Elliot Yamin-style (who he sounds like) operation. He had a lot of power when young, seems to have lost a bit.

I LOVE his song :o

"Crush" is still huge in the USA as well..

Well, didn't I sound like obvious7 :zombie:

The single's GREAT isn't it! I CAN'T GET ENOUGH

Sadly, the only release it'll get here will be via Eoghan Quigg :manson:

Last edited:
What disturbing lips that man has.

Anyway it's alright but it just sounds like a slightly less masculine version of Tattoo by Jordin Sparks.

The album is a TRIUMPH for Idol, particularly considering just how dreary Cook's album turned out to be.

Here's the next single 'A Little Too Not Over You':

Since the original video in the YouTube topic was deleted :( This still makes me LOL!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wHkUCPKriiE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wHkUCPKriiE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SDF are you serious? Everything he's put out so far has been rubbish of the highest order!

He needs to go away for a few years and come back as a man when people can take him seriously.

He also needs a personality. I don't mean to be rude but Christians should really keep away from the music industry. They just don't mix.

I DID like the Idol perfomance of the new single, but I do agree with you Funky, he should come back in few years.

SDF are you serious? Everything he's put out so far has been rubbish of the highest order!

He needs to go away for a few years and come back as a man when people can take him seriously.

He also needs a personality. I don't mean to be rude but Christians should really keep away from the music industry. They just don't mix.

He makes me want to be a good Christian. *Stars in anti-gay ad*

David Archuleta's father found with a prostitute

MIDVALE, Utah - The father of American Idol runner-up David Archuleta was charged for allegedly soliciting a prostitute. On January 14, Midvale, Utah police raided a Reiki Massage parlor at 7350 South State Street on the basis that the parlor did not have a business license. Once inside, they identified that prostitution was taking place and there was one client receiving the services.

Inside they found a female masseuse and a male client. At that point, Midvale Police say an interview took place and the male client admitted to receiving sexual gratification from the female masseuse.

According to court documents, that one client was 47-year-old James Jeffrey Archuleta, the father of American Idol contestant David Archuleta. He was cited with a Class B misdemeanor, soliciting prostitution and was fined $582. Court documents say Archuleta waived his right to counsel and entered a six month plea in abeyance.

James Archuleta’s attorney Eric Bauer said Archuleta never had sex or sexual contact with his masseuse. He also said it was the first time Archuleta had ever been to the establishment. He was there for a back problem :D. He pled no contest to the incident and is trying and put it behind him. Archuleta’s attorney said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

From Fox 13 Utah News, Radar Online

Last edited:
Well at least that will make coming out easier.

Oh well, I have a soft spot for the original christmas song

david-archuleta-christmas-cover-art1.jpg

Melodies of Christmas

Hi,

I am Jony.This is my first visit to site.I am new to this site,but I’ve enjoyed posting in your forums.Archuleta was born in Miami, Florida, to Jeff Archuleta and Lupe Marie, a salsa singer and dancer.He speaks Spanish.Archuleta's mother is from Honduras, while his father is of Spanish, Danish, Irish, German, and Iroquois descent.Archibold has four siblings.Archuleta's family moved to the Salt Lake Valley, to the city of Sandy, Utah,when Archuleta was six. He currently lives in Murray,Utah where he attended Murray High School.Archuleta is a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the Boy Scouts of America.

Thank you very much and Stay connected with me.

Last edited:
The lead single for his upcoming sophomore album is "Something 'Bout Love", it's not awful, it's just very LIMP. It could certainly do with a more dance-pop friendly remix, in the same vein as Bieber's "Somebody to Love" or Selena Gomez's "Naturally". But still, "Crush" was a huge seller so I don't doubt that this could go the same way

P.S. JONATHAN: could you please remove that Christmas album cover/youtube, it's VERY HARD TO LOOK AT

I enjoyed reading his SPIRITED defence as to why he was seen leaving a gay bar recently:

"Hey guys just wanted to clear something up real quick lol. Last night in New York I got invited to go and see my friend Charice perform. Mental note to self: always ask where before you go! Wasn't my kind of place lol, and I had no clue! I guess you live and learn."

What a CUNT

I find his use of 'lol' much more offensive

No need to worry though, he will be out within five years.

How did both Davids do after the show? It's the only season I followed, but I never bothered with anything they did after.

Last edited:
How did both Davids do after the show? It's the only season I followed, but I never bothered with anything they did after.

Archuleta had a great selling single with "Crush" (2 million copies sold) and the album sold over 750k, no subsequent singles were major hits though

Cook's album sold over 1.3 million, "Light On" was the biggest hit (#17 on the Hot 100), "Permanent" also went top 40 (#24)

Poor closet-case David. Pretending to have a crush on Natasha Bedingfield was never going to fool anybody.

Aww I like David A. 'Crush' is one of those songs that is both ridiculously listenable yet utterly forgettable.

What a CUNT

I'LL SAY

So if he HAD asked what type of place it was, he wouldn't have gone? That's a nice message to send to all the little gay kids.

(Unless like me he's just being a gay who really hates many gay venues, in which case FAIR PLAY)

I'LL SAY

So if he HAD asked what type of place it was, he wouldn't have gone? That's a nice message to send to all the little gay kids.

(Unless like me he's just being a gay who really hates many gay venues, in which case FAIR PLAY)
Poor Charice :(

The album is called Other Side Of Down (:|) - It's out September 14th

SBL was released today on US iTunes, already up to #32

But there is no slanted letter and thus no love from ME

Both just look like fairly generic fonts TBH :D

Anyway the cover is REMARKABLY GOOD while viewed on the same page as that dreadful Christmas album cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom