Dead to Me (Netflix)

Ellie

Super talented triple threat
New dark comedy on Netflix starring Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini (who seems to be in a lot lately).

Half way through and Im rather enjoying it - ten half hour episodes.

Applegate plays a grieving widow whose husband has died in a hit and run accident, befriends Cardellini in a grief support group but doesn't know she was the one who killed her husband.

They've stolen that from One Foot In The Grave, surely? Annette Crosbie FURIOUS.

I can’t remember the last thing I seen Christina Applegate in but good for her

I like the look of this

I may binge this tonight. I'll always have good will for Christina Applegate.

Finished it all today! This is exactly my type of show.

Considering I really don’t go for the other mainstream stuff everyone else is obsessed with and my fav shows (Crazy Ex GF and Jane The Virgin) have ended/are ending, is there anything else a bit like this that would be good to pick up on?

I watched the first episode and liked some elements but the tone was really all over the place, kinda like it wants to be darker but can't commit. does it get better?

It really does, I found it got stronger and stronger as the season went on

Loved it. I see Jark's point about the tone, but you just have to roll with.

I assume nothing is confirmed regarding a second season yet?

I think I may watch the whole thing over again.

Watched the first seven eps today, amazing. The scene at the restaurant with Bambi was too much. Christina Applegate is very very good in this.

I see this is the #2 show on Netflix UK now, behind Riverdale. They must be really happy with that, particularly if it's similarly successful elsewhere.

How do you know that?
On the main Netflix menu it says 'Top 10 show' now against some of them. If you select it, it then says the position. I think Drag Race was #8.

They have also started to do top 10 lists by country on their social media platforms each week

Loved this. Really enjoyed both leads and James Marsden is still a very good looking man.

I look forward to another two seasons followed by cancellation on a cliffhanger.

Loved this. Really enjoyed both leads and James Marsden is still a very good looking man.

I look forward to another two seasons followed by cancellation on a cliffhanger.

I didn't realise season 2 had been confirmed

Reading a quick synopsis of some of the last episodes of S1, I have almost no recollection of what happened, so am rewatching some of it now.

This show could have been soooo corny, like Devious Maids. But the cast is so strong, it's a great tragicomedy.

Linda Cardellini is something else.

So excited for Season 2. Couldn't have come at a better time.

Christina Applegate was an early icon of mine. This is her best vehicle in quite some time, so I'm looking forward to bingeing through this, but I may try and spread it out. I have no idea where it has left to go though.

I rewatched The Sweetest Thing the other day and I’ve come to the conclusion that Christina Applegate is a US national treasure. Up All Night and Samantha Who? were both underrated series that should have lasted longer.

Now I just want to watch Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead too.

The podcast interview she did with RuPaul a couple of years back was excellent. It really shows how she got her acting style.

Also in Season 1 when she's talking to the bird and it flies away and she goes "ok. I was trying a thing. Fuck you too." :D I DIED

I just finished it and HOLY SHIT!

This is one of the best tv shows I think I've ever actually watched. Its hilarious, tense, dark and one hell of a ride like fuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom