Diddy's Asian Persuasion IV: Sunday October 3rd 13.00 BST

14] Yasataka Nakata ft Charli XCX & Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Crazy Crazy

Continuing the theme of collaborations tonight, why not throw them all in? Nakata also goes by the name CAPSULE, who keen-eyed readers will know is not only Kyary's producer, but Perfume's too. This track was actually the A-Side to Kyary's Harajuku Iyahoi featured in DAP3, and a weird video to boot.

Imagine 21-year-old Diddy discovering the J-Pop powerhouse Ayumi and her expensive videos, and THEN discovering this trance sneak attack!
I was SLAYED and FILLETED!
I never even realised how price-y her videos were until I got to her 2000's-2010's era. :D My introduction to her was "Boys and Girls" where all she did was stood around in those rooms Japanese house just posing and looking sultry and dramatic. :disco:

This trance song I never heard of before is an absolute serve, who knew she had it in her. :o <3333

I never even realised how price-y her videos were until I got to her 2000's-2010's era. :D My introduction to her was "Boys and Girls" where all she did was stood around in those rooms Japanese house just posing and looking sultry and dramatic. :disco:

This trance song I never heard of before is an absolute serve, who knew she had it in her. :o <3333

ah! :D was that expensive? Bear in mind UK pop in 2002 was cheap as shit, and I got to Ayumi around the I Am / Rainbow era. That one with the dancing mannequin androids!

ah! :D was that expensive? Bear in mind UK pop in 2002 was cheap as shit, and I got to Ayumi around the I Am / Rainbow era. That one with the dancing mannequin androids!
I wouldn't say it was low budget since they could afford some rain and wind machines for shots, plus SOME HAUNTING light effects but surely nowhere near the budget of her I Am / Rainbow era. :D

PART 4: Cool Japan

15] Mondo Grosso ft UA - Hikari (Light)

Kicking off this final section, I want to shed some of the technicolour sheen of J-Pop and show something a bit darker. I'll start with ASFM hitmakers Mondo Grosso, aka Shinichi Osawa, Kyoto-born DJ and producer. Departing from his usual loungey-pop sound, a beefy dance beat simmers under some more gorgeous strings on this track.

PART 4: Cool Japan

15] Mondo Grosso ft UA - Hikari (Light)

Kicking off this final section, I want to shed some of the technicolour sheen of J-Pop and show something a bit darker. I'll start with ASFM hitmakers Mondo Grosso, aka Shinichi Osawa, Kyoto-born DJ and producer. Departing from his usual loungey-pop sound, a beefy dance beat simmers under some more gorgeous strings on this track.
We're on DAOKO

16] Daoko - Daisuki (I love you)

Remember her from the Fireworks song in Part 2? Well, finally you get to see her, and a very different side to her music. I'm sure one of you can describe what genre this fits into, but it has a sort of scary edge to it that I hope some of you will like.

Well if you can source Mondo Grosso's Hikari anywhere else, it's a very Bjork Post-era cut I think!

17] Sakanaction - Bach no Senritsu o Yoru ni Kiita Sei Desu (It's Because of Listening to Bach Melodies at Night)

This snappily-titled track warranted another entry for the Hokkaido 5-piece, mainly because I am in love with the lead singer, who gets all the attention this time. Sorry, Poison Queen doesn't get much airtime in their videos... Anyway can I just marry him? A bit of a deeper cut, this a 2011 single from their un-spellchecked album "Documentaly".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom