Dotmusic nostalgia

I seem to remember that we only found out Dot was closing because someone found the details in the code for the page. They'd only planned to tell us very close to the closing date.
I THINK Dotmusician told Fatherandy about the hidden code who then pretended he'd found it himself.

Ian was way more invested than the role required.

Bought by Yahoo and "merged" with their music content. Which was very little. They decided the boards were too much trouble. The main moderator took it out on Sheena by banning him for kicks towards the end.

Hence everyone else creating duplicates and giving them to Sheena :D

I don’t know what I’d actually do if Moopy died

I’m way too invested now :D

Bought by Yahoo and "merged" with their music content. Which was very little. They decided the boards were too much trouble. The main moderator took it out on Sheena by banning him for kicks towards the end.
Yes it was Yahoo. I remember the Sheena mess at the end. Sad times, it still makes me a little sad to think of it. But Moopy is better.

I don’t know what I’d actually do if Moopy died

I’m way too invested now :D
This was before Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, OnlyFans etc existed so we felt like a REAL COMMUNITY.

You had real life and online life. A complete 50/50 split. THIS WAS OUR 50/50 SPLIT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom