Eastenders 2020

I don't know why I happen to know this when I don't even watch it, but wasn't it a voice note on whatever Whatsapp fake they used? So it's quite possible she didn't notice it all in the MELEE, rather than having not checked her voicemail...

I’m pretty sure I saw a trailer a few weeks back where Sharon was sitting at a table shouting to Ian how he killed her son. :o
Wasn’t that her talking to Ian about Phil?

I’m all confused and far more caught up in 1993 Eastenders with Arthur’s affair with Mrs. Hewitt and Cindy’s return - subtly playing Elton John’s The Bitch Is Back in The Vic as she waltzed in :D

I don't know why I happen to know this when I don't even watch it, but wasn't it a voice note on whatever Whatsapp fake they used? So it's quite possible she didn't notice it all in the MELEE, rather than having not checked her voicemail...

It may well have been. I didn’t think of THAT. :o I just want Sharon to find out about what that SLEEKIT PIG Beale done to her son and end him.

Wasn’t that her talking to Ian about Phil?

I’m all confused and far more caught up in 1993 Eastenders with Arthur’s affair with Mrs. Hewitt and Cindy’s return - subtly playing Elton John’s The Bitch Is Back in The Vic as she waltzed in :D

I don’t know I keep thinking I may have missed an episode or 2.

I remember that. Is that not when Pauline hit him over the head with a frying pan? :disco:

How many times is Keegan going to get wrongly arrested? :rolleyes:
I know, right? They’re really banging it in. Then again I have a black friend who has repeatedly been stopped and searched even several times in the same week and doesn’t even look the slightest bit “suspicious”. In fact once he had his baby with him.

The whole black character wrongful arrest is about 50 years too late.

Today on Classic Eastenders was when Arthur confessed his affair with Mrs Hewitt to Pauline. I must say the writing in this episode was brilliant and Wendy Richard played an absolute blinder. People only ever talk about the frying pan bit.

This Keegan thing is just utterly ridiculous now. Just as he’s cleared it happens again on the same day. He can’t go for five minutes without being arrested, attacked or falsely accused of something.

How they managed to lose the police by switching off the headlights was COMICAL. :D

But yes, a great episode, felt sorry for Ben when Danny finished off his hearing near the end. :(

One thing I must have missed is what happened to Ben at the hospital when he was meant to be getting his hearing fixed? Could they not fix his hearing for him? :confused:

One thing I must have missed is what happened to Ben at the hospital when he was meant to be getting his hearing fixed? Could they not fix his hearing for him? :confused:
He had a mild flu so they refused to operate that day and said it should be postponed.

So tonight was the final episode produced before lockdown, and they actually managed quite a good cliffhanger! I honestly want to know what happens next IMMEDIATELY. Ben's flu over the past couple of episodes is blatantly getting retconned to be coronavirus, I reckon :eyes:

Back in September, four episodes a week but they'll be twenty minutes long. In the meantime we're getting Stacey Dooley chatting to the cast and looking back at old clips on Mondays, and a classic episode on Tuesdays (starting with Den and Angie divorce papers next week).

The ones the BBC are repeating are so overdone.

Seriously tune in to the Drama channel repeats. Frank has just abandoned Pat and Janine after the insurance car lot fire - the homeless man who was killed was none other than Tony from Hollyoaks, and then his near identical younger brother turned up the very next week as a friend of Robbie Jackson.

David has also just found out that Bianca is his daughter but still fancies her :D

:o
So tonight was the final episode produced before lockdown, and they actually managed quite a good cliffhanger! I honestly want to know what happens next IMMEDIATELY. Ben's flu over the past couple of episodes is blatantly getting retconned to be coronavirus, I reckon :eyes:

Back in September, four episodes a week but they'll be twenty minutes long. In the meantime we're getting Stacey Dooley chatting to the cast and looking back at old clips on Mondays, and a classic episode on Tuesdays (starting with Den and Angie divorce papers next week).

SEPTEMBER? :o

They must not film near as much episodes in advance as the other soaps. Are they not back filming yet then? :confused:

I did wonder where Sharon got the money to buy The Vic from though? A couple of months ago she had nothing and was dossing at Ian’s.

I did wonder where Sharon got the money to buy The Vic from though? A couple of months ago she had nothing and was dossing at Ian’s.

I think Ian bought it. A few hints throughout the episode.

:o

SEPTEMBER? :o

They must not film near as much episodes in advance as the other soaps. Are they not back filming yet then? :confused:

I think they’re filming in a couple of weeks. I don’t know whether it’s a BBC thing or whether it’s just taking longer the old Eastenders studios up to scratch for social distancing in comparison to Corrie’s in MediaCity for example.

But yes, fantastic cliffhanger that also lends itself quite well to a time jump if that’s what they want to do when they come back.

The ending was GREAT :D There was more filmed after Tuesday ep but that was a perfect way to round things off with an iconic throwback to a classic Sharon moment.

Reactions: COB
The ending was GREAT :D There was more filmed after Tuesday ep but that was a perfect way to round things off with an iconic throwback to a classic Sharon moment.

Have they confirmed they’ll be ditching that footage or are they going to try and make something of it when they return?

In tonight’s behind the scenes style filler show, Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer more or less confirmed that there will be a time jump when the show returns and we’ll join Albert Square as the residents are coming out of lockdown.

So I suppose in the world of EE the virus and lockdown just started (and ended) a couple of months later - that's about as good a way of handling it as they can have, really. I know someone who was adamant that they just shouldn't mention the situation at all when they return (and even suggested picking it straight up from the cliffhanger with a never-mentioned time shift), but that's STUPID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom