EastEnders 2024

Agreed it's been a great week. The murder cover up and the George storyline have been top tier Eastenders.

As an aside I do love the occasional appearance of Agony Uncle Phil. He's now volunteered advice to Linda and George.

As another aside Kathy has unexpectedly been a ruthless cunt throughout the murder fall out.

Any hint as to what Max Bowden did?

Behind the scenes "drama". I'm not sure the show will have been massively keen on the way he conducted himself on social media, either. He'd regularly get into arguments and rants with fan accounts. Some of the criticism was probably justified, but he didn't always express it in a particularly professional way...

The Max Bowden sacking seems to have been particularly rushed on screen, as his last few episodes each had two writers, which is very unusual and normally suggests extensive rewrites. I’m guessing his storyline was basically inserted into existing episodes so they could get rid ASAP.

The Max Bowden sacking seems to have been particularly rushed on screen, as his last few episodes each had two writers, which is very unusual and normally suggests extensive rewrites. I’m guessing his storyline was basically inserted into existing episodes so they could get rid ASAP.

I believe they've had to drop some stuff that was already filmed. The storyline with Honey and Jay running the London Marathon was supposed to include Ben as well.

I know it's horrible

But is it wrong that I'm actually quite PLEASED for Angela Wynter, who is 20+ years after her debut at the forefront of the show for the first time EVER?

I was initially convinced when she returned that it was just to ultimately facilitate a happy little Patrick-retires-into-the-sunset ending. What a waste of DAME WYNTER'S acting talents that would have been.

I only caught up with these episodes yesterday. EastEnders is really far and away ahead of other soaps. So harrowing to watch :(

I’m glad Elaine was involved to mirror and acknowledge how she handled Linda.

I’m watching the hour long episode now in utter horror. Poor Yolande.

They’re following up that episode with something completely different on Monday with Jay and Honey running the London Marathon, with some scenes being filmed tomorrow as Jamie Borthwick and Emma Barton run the marathon for real, in character!

All sorts of possibility for something to go wrong there, so I can’t wait to see how it goes.

Imagine the episode including Jamie Borthwick having a Paula Radcliffe moment

Famousmales and Martha Skidd TITILLATED BEYOND MEASURE

I realise she's not been in EE for a while, but I know I won't be the only person excited by this

Last edited:
I realise she's not been in EE for a while, but I know I won't be the only person excited by this

IS SHE RETURNING WITH SHIRL??

a1a35f92f67cf3e14722936c3c6eaf4d-a5e2.jpg

Saw Jay and Honey running the marathon today. Sadly they didn’t clock my “How’s Adam?” banner. :(

• Care
Reactions: GNL
Adam Woodyat.

It harks back to the infamous live episode blunder where Tanya asked Jane how Adam was instead of Ian.

Ah right, sorry. That wasn’t immediately obvious to me as Jay and Honey had bugger all to do with that mishap. :D

Ah right, sorry. That wasn’t immediately obvious to me as Jay and Honey had bugger all to do with that mishap. :D
The clip delivers on so many levels.
"How's Adam?"
Jane dropping her head to cringe.
The wide-eyed look of horror in Tanya's face.
The relief from both that the scene moved on quickly so there wasn't much reaction time.

Truly a golden era. :disco:

Awww loved those couple of scenes at the marathon, the tears in Honey/Emma's eyes were so genuine!

After the outstanding Yolande episode I’m finding it boring again.

I really don’t know how some of you can watch it daily :(

It's hard to watch any soap consistently now I find, far too much of a commitment, although one benefit of streaming is skipping through scenes (bye Sonia and Reiss) so you can effectively cherry pick storylines

It's worse with the ITV soaps. I tried to catch up on Emmerdale recently and the adverts break up every 10 to 15 minutes, which I understand, but doing that SIX times a week? No thanks :zombie:

The Yolande episode was incredible - what a powerhouse performance. I assume this has been long planned and possibly why Angela Wynter agreed to return.

Loved the curveball throwback to past victims - it does suggest this will go down an eventual conviction route and some of these ladies will return again.

And if it does, I imagine we won't be getting a Dean conviction at all for what he did to Linda which is a bit grating. I imagine they'll even use the opportunity to deliberately contrast the two different outcomes.

Loved the curveball throwback to past victims - it does suggest this will go down an eventual conviction route and some of these ladies will return again.

And if it does, I imagine we won't be getting a Dean conviction at all for what he did to Linda which is a bit grating. I imagine they'll even use the opportunity to deliberately contrast the two different outcomes.

And if that’s the case it would be in a way showing that you’d need multiple victims over a span of time, whereas Dean (for what we know) only did it once and attempted to assault Roxy.

And if that’s the case it would be in a way showing that you’d need multiple victims over a span of time, whereas Dean (for what we know) only did it once and attempted to assault Roxy.

I think that's exactly what they'll do, and it's fair enough and will probably be handled very well. I think I was just hoping after bringing Dean back it would lead to justice for Linda, but it became increasingly obvious it wasn't going to be the case and they were heading down the soapy-sensationalist justice route instead. They've piled so much misery on Linda she makes Ronnie Mitchell look like Kim

I see Bianca is returning again next week and gets a job in the CAFE. Is this return more long term?

What on earth is with Whitney’s COMPLETE and utter character assassination?!

Such an odd call for an exit story.

I've not caught up with the last couple, but they seem to be giving her a full circle storyline (caring for lost, troubled kids as she once was etc etc) but throwing in unrealistic and convoluted out of character drama to facilitate it.

If any character needs a misery free sunset ending, it's Whitney

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom