EastEnders 2024

I have a horrible feeling she’s only back for a week to wrap this whole storyline up…

It’s difficult to see how much further it has to go now that the body is inevitably going to be discovered, and I do wonder whether her conveniently taking the murder weapon means Sharon will be sent down for it.

I have a horrible feeling she’s only back for a week to wrap this whole storyline up…

It’s difficult to see how much further it has to go now that the body is inevitably going to be discovered, and I do wonder whether her conveniently taking the murder weapon means Sharon will be sent down for it.
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Elements of the plot must have been rewritten to compensate for Letitia Dean's absence, but I'm not convinced they've changed the overall arc. It feels that way to a degree because they haven't gone down the usual route of concealing the murder for months and months, but I'm not sure they'd have pulled the entire thing forward.

It's been really fun this week, but I have had the niggling feeling that we're just not seeing it play out how it was meant to. If Letitia Dean is indeed sticking around then I'll relax into it a bit.

Well I've seen the whole week now. Great camp fun. Thank God Sharon is back. The other women are all great, but she's just so elevated.

A shame Kat was involved tbh. She'd have eaten this shit up.

Sharon being arrested for murder seemed quite a leap for the police. Take her in for questioning, sure, but they don't have any evidence to link her to the crime besides one voice note from Keanu...

Sharon being arrested for murder seemed quite a leap for the police. Take her in for questioning, sure, but they don't have any evidence to link her to the crime besides one voice note from Keanu...

Yes I thought that too!

Did you mention Leticia was unwell? I feel she looks a little fragile at the moment :(

I love how there was clearly no evidence of the body when Jack found the necklace but suddenly there was when Bernie turned up drunk.

Yes I thought that too!

Did you mention Leticia was unwell? I feel she looks a little fragile at the moment :(

I don't think any of her absence was planned, if only because it wouldn't make sense to build up "The Six" and then remove one of them for months immediately after.

She's obviously lost weight (though that's intentional, judging by the interviews she's given about it), which makes her appear a bit more fragile. Equally, I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually took a longer-term break like Adam Woodyatt did.

I do wonder if she agreed to come back for a week or two just to wrap her part of the storyline up in a way that would be more satisfying and long-term than "she's in Australia with Michelle" - if Sharon's charged with the murder then she can at least be in prison off screen for a few more months while the rest of the six and Johnny figure out how to exonerate her (or turn their backs on her, as the case may be).

I also agree that Letitia Dean doesn’t look herself. I know she has lost a lot of weight, but I didn’t think she looked unwell the last time she appeared but some of the side shots yesterday were quite unforgiving. She just doesn’t look RIGHT if that makes sense.

Regardless, her getting arrested yesterday was some of the campest, best scenes I can remember since Christmas so WELCOME ‘OME SHAR!

I still think Dean will end up being the fall guy. It'll be some sort of soapy retribution: he ruined Linda's life by his actions and got away with it, and now the same will end up happening to him because of what she did to Keanu. I don't think that's a particularly satisfying way to go, but all the stuff building up around him at the moment feels like it's going to come to a head sooner rather than later.

On another note entirely, in just over two months, it'll be a year since Cindy returned and I'm still not convinced the show really knows what to do with her. I think they played it sensibly by giving her a reasonably grounded return rather than a big panto villain plot, and Michelle Collins is great on-screen. But at the same time, it feels like a repeat of when Kathy returned from the dead to serve chips in the cafe for four years. I'd quite like Cindy to have a proper storyline with characters outside of the Beales and Knights soon.

I still think Dean will end up being the fall guy. It'll be some sort of soapy retribution: he ruined Linda's life by his actions and got away with it, and now the same will end up happening to him because of what she did to Keanu. I don't think that's a particularly satisfying way to go, but all the stuff building up around him at the moment feels like it's going to come to a head sooner rather than later.

On another note entirely, in just over two months, it'll be a year since Cindy returned and I'm still not convinced the show really knows what to do with her. I think they played it sensibly by giving her a reasonably grounded return rather than a big panto villain plot, and Michelle Collins is great on-screen. But at the same time, it feels like a repeat of when Kathy returned from the dead to serve chips in the cafe for four years. I'd quite like Cindy to have a proper storyline with characters outside of the Beales and Knights soon.

I am really disappointed Shirley hasn’t returned but am assuming that is down to Linda Henry rather than Eastenders. I absolutely DESPISE him.

I am quite disappointed in Cindy up to this point. Yes, it is lovely she has reunited with her daughters (not so much IAN BEALE) but I think there was so much wasted potential.I do agree on the Kathy front though, and now I am loving the character so it may just be a matter of time although I’m not sure Michelle Collins will stick around that long and if not it’s all been a bit of a DAMP SQUIB.

Last edited:
I’m not sure Michelle Collins will stick around that long and if not it’s all been a bit of a DAMP SQUIB.

That's my concern.

I think, in some respects, they were fortunate that Gillian Taylforth had come from Hollyoaks. Even if she didn't get loads of plots off the bat at EastEnders, it was still a better gig in terms of profile. Michelle Collins was doing quite a lot of varied work across TV, film and stage before returning to EastEnders, so I'm not convinced she'll be content to sit on the periphery long-term.

I doubt Cindy still stay quiet for long. Zero chance there won't be an affair with George before the year's out.

Nailed it :o

Am I the only one who feels sorry for Gloria? :shy:
Been talking about this, as I know of a few older couples who literally have no friends and would be lost without one another, even if they technically should have broken up a long time ago, but just stayed together because it’s easier. Away from one being a racist, nasty murderer of course.

That was a terrific episode.

I remain sceptical and a bit ick about them basically going down the route of 'two wrongs do make a right after all' with Dean and Linda, though they have acknowledged that this week, at least.

However, Kellie Bright totally sold her scenes with the police. Yes, she's lying about what she saw, but so much of what she said was total truth. Dean does intimidate and threaten her; the police didn't believe her when she was raped, and so, in a sense, she turned all their failings back on them as a valid reason not to have come forward earlier. Dean's arrogance will get the better of him; because he's always been able to win people around (the police, Roxy, Shirley, Gina, Jean, Jade, etc. etc.) I don't think he will stop to actually think about how he's been set up.

Assuming he is charged with murder and the case goes to court, those scenes have so much history to pull on between Dean and Linda. It could be brilliant.

I did :D at Ben going to jail for six years being almost totally brushed aside. Kathy looked downhearted for all of two scenes before declaring to Linda "right now I'm looking at the positives; you're here and Dean's not :)" - whatever Max Bowden did must have been bad for the show to cut him out so bluntly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom