EastEnders 2024

I dipped out for a bit but I'm back on now and the episodes from this week have been pretty excellent!

I especially enjoyed the scenes between the two sisters exploring colourism and how they've both been impacted by it.

OMG!!!! WHO HAS IT?! Denise is losing it so she feels like the easiest suspect but I'm thinking NOT.

Was Dean not in the pub on Christmas Day? Was there any particular reason that they focussed on him that I have missed?

Was Dean not in the pub on Christmas Day? Was there any particular reason that they focussed on him that I have missed?
Only to make us think that he was going to be the body, same reason they had Phil coming in.

The way Jonny spoke to Chelsea in the vic just then has REALLY pissed me off. I almost switched off.

Back on the same old merry-go-around

Big Mo back on a permanent contract.

I imagine a year before they realise again she isn't very good and best suited to the odd guest stint, and she's shipped off to Spain before another optimistic producer tries again in 2028.

Do we know when Shirley is back? She seems to have been gone forever and it seems like they are missing a trick by having Dean back and not having Shirley around.

Do we know when Shirley is back? She seems to have been gone forever and it seems like they are missing a trick by having Dean back and not having Shirley around.

It’s so weird to me how he’s just sticking around? Get fucking rid.

Really what is keeping him there? BEALES EELS? They would happily buy him out.
Exactly! And the possessive stuff with his daughter just adds to how rank he is.

It’s almost as if they’re doing it to keep us in suspense for Shirley coming back even though as far as I’m aware nothing is set in stone for it?

Exactly! And the possessive stuff with his daughter just adds to how rank he is.

It’s almost as if they’re doing it to keep us in suspense for Shirley coming back even though as far as I’m aware nothing is set in stone for it?

I am thinking the actress who plays Shirley possibly doesn’t want to return at this stage.

I am thinking the actress who plays Shirley possibly doesn’t want to return at this stage.
I think you’re right. I reckon she left the door open purposely and as time has passed she probably doesn’t fancy it.

I do miss her though! SO MUCH :(

LINDA HENRY REWARD US

I think you’re right. I reckon she left the door open purposely and as time has passed she probably doesn’t fancy it.

I do miss her though! SO MUCH :(

LINDA HENRY REWARD US

Shirley is probably my favourite character in EE apart from Sharon, Denise and Kat obviously.

The show is still sticking with the line that Linda Henry is on a break but will be back. I guess all that really means is she's out of contract, and they'll write her back in as/when she wants to return.

There's been ongoing speculation pretty much since she left, none of which has come to pass. The current one is that Denise's psychosis could lead to Shirley returning, as it's been mentioned by Dean that she'd been struggling with her mental health and had been hospitalised. But I think that's probably clutching at straws as much as any other rumour.

It would be weird to have brought Dean back for however long he stays (surely there's no long-term future) and not to have Shirley appear unless it's Linda Henry's decision not to come back. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see her suddenly reappear without any warning at some point. It's not like she's constantly in the public eye that she couldn't return to filming without it leaking to the press.

I'm more disappointed that we haven't seen Shabnam since Jade came back, even if she is pulling strings off screen, and now Zainab is ill so we're unlikely to see either for the foreseeable.

I’d be QUITE surprised if Shirley is still hospitalised but who knows.

Anyway I’m loving it at the moment!

I'm more disappointed that we haven't seen Shabnam since Jade came back, even if she is pulling strings off screen, and now Zainab is ill so we're unlikely to see either for the foreseeable.

Shabnam doesn’t really interest me as a character to be honest. ZAINAB HOWEVER…. :disco:

Am I right in saying that Shirley had an offscreen exit? I wonder if the actress is ill?

The character fucked off after Mick died, and she had a breakdown.

It feels like an extended break much like Ian Beale.

But it could also be more like an Emily Bishop

(I hope not, I want to see Shirl bullying the Knights)

Well that was a lot of plot to digest in half an hour. But also FOR FUCK SAKE. Can they not just give Whitney a nice happy ending before she leaves?

Yep it did all seem a bit rushed but I enjoyed it and am always here for a Bianca cameo.

Is Bianca back for the week? I thought I read only 2 episodes. 🤔

surely depressing Whitney will finally get a happy ending

If not it’s BORDERLINE TROLLING :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom