Emma Bunton - Free Me

Love isn't funny...

• Total voters
2h3m3n.jpg

The poor old Corrs getting a rotten rep here.

Their first album (not the one with Little Wing) was much more authentic and not Bunton like at all. And they were actually their own musicians, rather than simply a famous face for studio producers.

Also with noting that their big hits were mostly rubbish remixes. I'd have said the original albums were more alike to an Irish Paula Cole or Lisa Loeb, with the occasional Alanis moment.

Oh this is a Bunton topic? Maybe is one of the very best solo Spice singles. The rest is TOSH.

If I were to accuse her of trying ape anyone, I'd have gone with Gabrielle or the Lighthouse Family.

They came out of Irish folk through both of their parents and cite Mary Black as a biggest influence. They played Irish folk prior to getting big and enfused it throughout their albums. To the point where when they released an album full of Irish folk songs, Home, it felt like a natural transition and could have been a regular release.

I get the comparison to 90s girl-folk/country pop, but I feel like you're defaulting a little because they happen to be guitar fronted pop songs. There's a massive variety there.

And they're not the most authentically Irish music, no, and that's because they're shamelessly pop. They're not striving to be Christy Moore.

Let's not forget that country music in itself is birthed in Irish and Anglo folk tradition.
The comparison to 90s girl-folk/country pop may capture some aspects of their music, but it's clear that there's a diverse range of influences at play, including their Irish folk heritage. It's interesting to see how artists blend different musical traditions to create something new and unique.

This will be devastating to nobody but ME but Life In Mono has suddenly and randomly vanished off all streaming platforms.

Why couldn't they take My Happy Place instead?

This will be devastating to nobody but ME but Life In Mono has suddenly and randomly vanished off all streaming platforms.

Why couldn't they take My Happy Place instead?
On I loved All I Need To Know :(

It’s a nice album, but God they needed to A&R a couple of hit singles to tack on instead of counting on Strictly and Downtown to sell it…

I’ve always felt this would have been a perfect song for Emma to cover either for Free Me or Life In Mono.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom