Eurovision 2019: The Entries

VoR

Take it or leave it
Last edited:
Netherlands

Last edited by a moderator:
So if Ukraine pick Siren Song, Norway pick that ridiculous Spirit In the Sky Song and Portugal pick queen Conan we are already looking at a super interesting year, particularly with Australia, France and (hopefully 100% confirmed Mahmood for) Italy already in the frame :disco:

I feel like it’s quite rare to feel so positive about a Eurovision year this early into the process.

Tonight we get Croatia, Estonia, Latvia and Slovenia, which will hopefully throw up a few treats.

Weirdly Estonia is by far the least promising. Eesti Laul has really dropped off a cliff this year. :(

Croatia

Latvia

Top 12 so far:

12. France - So, so dull. Not helped by his weak voice and abject lack of stage presence
11. Croatia - I don't think those were even his real wings
10. Latvia - Unusual, but still boring
09. Montenegro - I've been to a Montenegrin music festival, I know they're capable of producing good songs...
08. Slovenia - I think I need more time to get to know this one
07. Albania - Nowhere near the majesty of last year. Okay, but entirely forgettable
06. Czech Republic - Quite catchy, they all look like they'd be nightmares on a night out though
05. Australia - The opera is the worst bit, which I'm assuming isn't the point. Otherwise it's growing on me
04. Estonia - Now, this is what I'm here for
03. Italy - This improves with every listen, as the Italian entries are wont to do
02. UK - Not just because my house is there. Actual choruses and competent singers are apparently in short supply this year, so I'm glad to see we're doing our bit
01. Spain - Proof that God still loves us

Germany

My god this is turning out to be a shocking year
Yeah, I'm starting to get worried. It's hard to compare to other years though, there've been loads of years where we've felt this and it's turned out okay (although not amazing).

Last year there was a massive turnaround in the last week or two but I think that was unusual.

Well that's another off my EUROVISION BINGO CARD. I just need VoR's Guardian article and Kala hating the Swedish male entry for a full line.

Reactions: D5K
We’re at 14 songs out of 42 guys, relax.
While I utterly agree, there's 11 to be announced between now and next weekend, so let's hope for some bangers, ethno stompers, luxuriant ballads and novelty nonsense.

So if Ukraine pick Siren Song, Norway pick that ridiculous Spirit In the Sky Song and Portugal pick queen Conan we are already looking at a super interesting year, particularly with Australia, France and (hopefully 100% confirmed Mahmood for) Italy already in the frame :disco:

I feel like it’s quite rare to feel so positive about a Eurovision year this early into the process.
I feel like lots of BAD SELECTION DECISIONS have been made since I wrote this

Still come on Conan, Spirit In the Sky, Icelandic leather queens and whatever ridiculousness Greece via the proxy of Cyprus are whipping up this year :disco:

Are Ireland not entering the contest this year? :(

Apparently it’s all in hand, they’ve picked someone and finalised the song and we’ll be hearing Jedward’s entry on Friday.

Reactions: VoR
Apparently it’s all in hand, they’ve picked someone and finalised the song and we’ll be hearing Jedward’s entry on Friday.

Darling I am unsure if this is in jest, but we had a better track record last year, yes we gave you Jedward but you gave us Jemini. Please don’t be cocky. :zombie:

Portugal

Reactions: VoR
Darling I am unsure if this is in jest, but we had a better track record last year, yes we gave you Jedward but you gave us Jemini. Please don’t be cocky. :zombie:

I have literally no idea what I said.

Iceland

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom