Eurovision 2022 - Confirmed Entries (40/40)

Countries we know don't have anything special in their national selections

Croatia
Denmark
Germany
Malta
Norway
Poland
Slovenia

Countries who can still pull it back if they choose wisely
Australia
Finland
Iceland
Portugal
Romania
Serbia
Sweden

Countries with every chance to pleasantly surprise us
Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Cyprus
France
Georgia
Greece
Montenegro
Netherlands:
Russia
Switzerland

The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom

I’m drunk so BARE WITH but I think it was this thread that is suggested SWITZERLAND as the EARLY FRONTRUNNER. The country that had a long run of NQs then finished 4th, then 3rd and now complete silence is VERY INTERESTING.

I mean it comes to something when you’re intrigued about FUCKING SWITZERLAND.

Croatia
Denmark
Germany
Malta
Norway
Poland
Slovenia

Australia
Finland
Iceland
Portugal
Romania
Serbia
Sweden

Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Cyprus
France
Georgia
Greece
Montenegro
Netherlands:
Russia
Switzerland

The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom
As for the National finals, there’s only really Sweden (and potentially Norway if they send the Death of Us or that wolf THING) that can give us a good result. It really shows how much we’re hoping on the internals for a GOOD YEAR!

But of the internals:
Armenia, Azerbaijan and Cyprus will probably be highly produced ETHNO POP
Austria are sending a DJ apparently, but that’s at least an uptempo on the pile.
Belgium will PROBABLY be a ballad.. considering Jeremie’s output on The Voice, Greece and Montenegro will probably be a ballad too
Georgia looks to be some NOVELTY SHITE
Netherlands looks to be something different i.e. LAST IN THE SEMI
Then GOD KNOWS what France will offer after recent results, same with Russia and Switzerland.
Then there’s the United Kingdom :D

Writing that down I’m coming round to the idea of Italy doing the double (or Sweden winning if Cornelia wins Melfest).

I'm interested to see whether Poland opt for the likely top 5, or the one that'd instantly become one of the stories of the year.

As for the National finals, there’s only really Sweden (and potentially Norway if they send the Death of Us or that wolf THING) that can give us a good result. It really shows how much we’re hoping on the internals for a GOOD YEAR!

But of the internals:
Armenia, Azerbaijan and Cyprus will probably be highly produced ETHNO POP
Austria are sending a DJ apparently, but that’s at least an uptempo on the pile.
Belgium will PROBABLY be a ballad.. considering Jeremie’s output on The Voice, Greece and Montenegro will probably be a ballad too
Georgia looks to be some NOVELTY SHITE
Netherlands looks to be something different i.e. LAST IN THE SEMI
Then GOD KNOWS what France will offer after recent results, same with Russia and Switzerland.
Then there’s the United Kingdom :D

Writing that down I’m coming round to the idea of Italy doing the double (or Sweden winning if Cornelia wins Melfest).
Didn't you just inform us France were having a national final?

Anyone using the 😼 emoji for anything other than an actual cat is an immediate NUL POINTS

I'm interested to see whether Poland opt for the likely top 5, or the one that'd instantly become one of the stories of the year.
I hope they either go for River, which would SURELY be a top ten with their diaspora. But like you’ve said, the SIGN LANGUAGE one would be a BIG STORY and could POTENTIALLY have a big impact.

I think it's been confirmed that Montenegro are sending a pop track?
I thought Vladana was going with a BALLAD :o I DO HOPE it’s POP though :disco:

Didn't you just inform us France were having a national final?
They are. But they’ve yet to confirm the date of it and we don’t know the songs, so FUCK KNOWS what we’ll end up with.

Ranking

1. Estonia: Stefan - Hope
2. Czech Republic: We Are Domi - Lights Off
3. Spain: Chanel - Slo Mo
4. Albania: Ronela Hajati - Sekret
5. Ireland: Brooke - That's Rich
6. Ukraine: Alina Pash - Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors
7. Moldova: Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov - "Trenulețul"
8. Israel: Michael Ben David - I.M.
9. North Macedonia: Andrea - Circles
10. Italy: Mahmood & BLANCO - Brividi
11. Latvia: Citi zēni - Eat Your Salad
12. Lithuania: Monika Liu - Sentimentai
13. Bulgaria: Intelligent Music Project - Intention

Colour me whelmed thus far. My top three are all keepers so already this year isn't as shit as 2020, but when usually dependable countries like Italy are laying absolute rancid DOG EGGS and others like Australia and Norway have got harrowingly uninteresting national finals, I'm counting on some of the off-brand countries to really bring it this year.

Watch Italy, Spain and Albania for an indication of what the ACTUAL fan favourites are!

Fair enough...Italy - that's a *lot* of autotune. I hope there isn't embarrassing HONKING on the night.

Spain, I like but it does feel a bit like a dance routine that needed a song. I can imagine Charli XCX ripping it off.

Albania's not my scene. No-one on that stage looks comfortable. But I bet she's handy in a fight.

I’m sorry but Chanel is looking fucking epic amongst this line up so far :disco:

This evening could have gone a lot worse. But yes too early to say one way or another on this year. I’ll see where we’re at after next week, which sees a fair few national finals take place that I can’t see adding much to proceedings.

Croatia
Denmark
Germany
Malta
Norway
Poland
Slovenia

Australia
Finland
Iceland
Portugal
Romania
Serbia
Sweden

Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Cyprus
France
Georgia
Greece
Montenegro
Netherlands:
Russia
Switzerland

The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom
Poor San Marino! :D I’d put them firmly in the could pleasantly surprise category, but then again there are already rumblings that some of the emerging artists have professional ties to the organisers.

Last edited:

Croatia
Denmark
Germany
Malta
Norway
Poland
Slovenia

Australia
Finland
Iceland
Portugal
Romania
Serbia
Sweden

Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Cyprus
France
Georgia
Greece
Montenegro
Netherlands:
Russia
Switzerland

The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom
I'd put Slovenia and Denmark in the list of countries with something decent in their final, and Portugal into the list of lost causes.

I'd put Slovenia and Denmark in the list of countries with something decent in their final, and Portugal into the list of lost causes.
Of course you’d say that.

Maybe you could add it to my calendar, love :tongueout:

I think I'm mainly favouring Ukraine, Poland and Moldova at this point which sounds about right :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom