Eurovision 2023 News

Are you going?

• Total voters
How exciting! I'm sure it will quite rightly be very Ukraine focused which will make it a really interesting year.

Reactions: dUb
:o

I do hope it's in London (centre of the universe)
You can set up a tent in my backyard if it is in Manchester.
Actually sod that I’m going to offer GLAMPING at a premium price :disco:

I've had a quick look at Brits with Ukrainian heritage who could host, and I think the most likely options are Nick Clegg and Carla Connor from Corrie.

I've had a quick look at Brits with Ukrainian heritage who could host, and I think the most likely options are Nick Clegg and Carla Connor from Corrie.
Well Nick does speak 5 languages. Maybe he can learn Ukrainian in time :o

I do worry this means we'll be back to utter dross next year as the BBC will be worried about hosting twice. This is great news, if it happens, but I would rather we host as winner.

You need an arena free for about 4 weeks, a VAST number of hotel rooms, and excellent transport links.

Glasgow or Cardiff seem like a prime bet to me. Isn't Manchester a bit short on hotel rooms? And we've done Birmingham already.

I do worry this means we'll be back to utter dross next year as the BBC will be worried about hosting twice. This is great news, if it happens, but I would rather we host as winner.
I do hope it will provide all the more motivation to put their best foot forward considering we'll be under the spotlight, but yes as excited as I am about the prospect it does feel a bit empty when we haven't won. God knows when THAT would happen though.

We need to remember it isn't just the Hydro in Glasgow, but the whole events campus, which is why I think it is going to be preferred over anywhere else for arranging a big event like this.

I do hope it will provide all the more motivation to put their best foot forward considering we'll be under the spotlight, but yes as excited as I am about the prospect it does feel a bit empty when we haven't won. God knows when THAT would happen though.
I was hoping next year! :D

You need an arena free for about 4 weeks, a VAST number of hotel rooms, and excellent transport links.

Glasgow or Cardiff seem like a prime bet to me. Isn't Manchester a bit short on hotel rooms? And we've done Birmingham already.
I would imagine Glasgow and Manchester are frontrunners considering the BBC have major production hubs there. There is London of course but considering how obsessed they are with producing content outside the capital I would imagine that's ruled out.

Also I believe it's more like 8 weeks that an arena needs to be free so there'll presumably be a bit of jostling no matter where it ends up going.

Having multiple arenas in the same municipal area would allow you to shunt events around and free up an 8 week period like Pingu suggested

Which means... London?!

We're not being nearly ambitious enough here. Let's put it in a stadium. The Principality Stadium in Cardiff has a retractable roof.

I think a stadium Eurovision would be amazing.

Or really do it somewhere different. Remember when Germany thought about doing it at Tempelhof? That would have been a MOMENT (until it obviously RAINED).

If a stadium was a possibility I'd DEFINITELY get behind Cardiff. It's a great city.

They’ve tried stadiums a couple of times and they just haven’t worked. The atmosphere has been non-existent. With a British crowd though, who knows…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom